This Art Gallery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about art gallery and art galleries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall look in high spirits during a visit to an exhibition in Devon
Prince Charles, 72, and Camilla, 74, were all smiles as they visited The Burton at Bideford in Devon to celebrate the art gallery's 70th anniversary today.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- NFTs may outlast physical art galleries, says famed British artist Damien Hirst
"Anything that looks good and feels good" is art, Damien Hirst told CNBC on Wednesday. "It doesn't have to be in a gallery."
CNBC. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Philly Tiny Art Gallery helps support big dreams
It's a place where artists can showcase and sell their work, and a place where people can shop really small while supporting big dreams.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Here's how Zoom is helping create the new world of hybrid work
Smart galleries, AI-enabled meetings, and shareable virtual whiteboards are just some of the offerings Zoom has for the new world of hybrid work.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- 60 insanely neat photos of cables that belong in a modern art gallery
There's a certain breed of IT worker who has a deep fetish for all things neat and tidy.The result is a server room with hundreds of cables neatly organised,
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 3 Jul 2021.
- Never-before-seen diary entry reveals day Princess Diana met with children who have disabilities
Edith Conn, 72, met the Princess of Wales at a British Red Cross event in 1991 at Manchester Art Gallery
where Diana opened up about her love of home comforts.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Why Free, Miniature Art Galleries Are Popping Up Across the U.S.
Modeled on Little Free Libraries, these pint-sized museums make art accessible during the pandemic
Smithsonian. Friday, 11 Jun 2021.
- Logan Square Blue Line station transformed into temporary art gallery
Author Khloe Karova spent nearly $50,000 to buy all the station's ad space and replace it with blown-up photos from her book on Logan Square gentrification.
ABC News. Monday, 31 May 2021.
- As the Hamptons Booms, a New World of Luxury Problems
Ragers on the beach. Art galleries on Main Street. Reservations disappearing. Who remembers the pandemic?
New York Times. Saturday, 29 May 2021.
- Zwirner May Disrupt Art Gallery Model With Click-to-Buy Business
Platform, which debuts Thursday, will sell 100 works of art a month online through smaller galleries, for $2,500 to $50,000.
New York Times. Thursday, 20 May 2021.
- Groundbreaking New Center Unveils World's Largest Collection of Inuit Art
More than 20,000 works from artists across the Canadian Arctic are on display at Qaumajuq, a new museum-within-a-museum at the Winnipeg Art Gallery
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021.
- 7 Art Exhibitions To See This Spring
This spring, several museums and art galleries
are hosting art exhibitions. From New York to the French Riviera, here are seven exhibitions to see this spring.
Forbes. Wednesday, 17 Mar 2021.
- Thousands of phone boxes looking for new calling - as BT offers them for just £1 each
Thousands of the UK's iconic red phone boxes are to be given a new lease of life by being transformed into mini museums or art galleries
Sky News. Monday, 15 Mar 2021.
- No More Rules: How Boccara Art Galleries Came Full Circle Online
This art institution adapted well and even thriving under the New Normal.
Forbes. Saturday, 27 Feb 2021.
- South Korea forced to close schools again after spike in new coronavirus cases
South Korea has been forced to close hundreds of schools, museums and art galleries
due to a fresh spike in coronavirus cases as the country emerges from lockdown.
Sky News. Friday, 29 May 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries