This Art Gallery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about art gallery and art galleries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shakespeare First Folio Acquired by the University of British Columbia
The volume is going on display at Vancouver Art Gallery
as part of a new exhibition
Smithsonian. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Duke of Lancaster cruise ship to be restored to its former glory
The cruise ship, Duke of Lancaster, has been moored on the River Dee since 1979, when it was turned into a floating tourist attraction and later used as a warehouse and an art gallery
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- Six Art Galleries in Unexpected Places
Around the world, factories, distilleries and bunkers have second lives as art venues
Smithsonian. Thursday, 16 Dec 2021.
- Coventry City of Culture 2021: New digital art gallery to open
Set to open in the spring, the gallery's first exhibition will feature "reimagined" views of space.
BBC News. Monday, 13 Dec 2021.
- Museums must take responsibility for history of benefiting from slavery, claims curator
David A Bailey claimed that his exhibition of Caribbean-British art at the Tate Britain art gallery
in London explores the museum's own 'chequered' history of benefitting from slavery.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Nov 2021.
- How Tokenomics And NFT Art Galleries Help Autistic People Celebrate Their Creativity
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, one in 54 children in the US was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders, or ASDs, in 2020.
Forbes. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- North Texas Artist Remembers Rolling Stones' Drummer Charlie Watts
Kettle Art Gallery
owner Frank Campagna remembers the day he got a call to work for the Rolling Stones.
NBC. Wednesday, Aug 25 2021.
- NFTs may outlast physical art galleries, says famed British artist Damien Hirst
"Anything that looks good and feels good" is art, Damien Hirst told CNBC on Wednesday. "It doesn't have to be in a gallery."
CNBC. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Philly Tiny Art Gallery helps support big dreams
It's a place where artists can showcase and sell their work, and a place where people can shop really small while supporting big dreams.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Here's how Zoom is helping create the new world of hybrid work
Smart galleries, AI-enabled meetings, and shareable virtual whiteboards are just some of the offerings Zoom has for the new world of hybrid work.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- 60 insanely neat photos of cables that belong in a modern art gallery
There's a certain breed of IT worker who has a deep fetish for all things neat and tidy.The result is a server room with hundreds of cables neatly organised,
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 3 Jul 2021.
- Thousands of phone boxes looking for new calling - as BT offers them for just £1 each
Thousands of the UK's iconic red phone boxes are to be given a new lease of life by being transformed into mini museums or art galleries
Sky News. Monday, 15 Mar 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries