This Art Gallery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about art gallery and art galleries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 2 Art Gallery Shows to Explore From Home
Galleries and museums are getting creative about presenting work online during the coronavirus crisis. Here are two shows worth viewing virtually.
New York Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- UK teen who threw French boy off gallery balcony jailed for life
A troubled British teenager who threw a six-year-old French boy from a viewing platform at London's Tate Modern art gallery
was on Friday jailed for life. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- The Papers: Return of culture and tributes to Reading victims
Plans to reopen cinemas, museums, art galleries
and pubs in England dominate Tuesday's front pages.
BBC News. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Former Nazi Submarine Base Transformed Into Digital Art Gallery
The concrete bunker once housed Axis U-boats. Now, it features floor-to-ceiling projections of works by Gustav Klimt, Paul Klee
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Winging it: Paris gallery keeps visitors apart with extension hats
An art gallery
in Paris has sought inspiration in ancient China to help it enforce social distancing, by providing hats with winged extensions for visitors.
Reuters. Friday, 5 Jun 2020.
- South Korea forced to close schools again after spike in new coronavirus cases
South Korea has been forced to close hundreds of schools, museums and art galleries
due to a fresh spike in coronavirus cases as the country emerges from lockdown.
Sky News. Friday, 29 May 2020.
- South Korea reimposes some social distancing after COVID cases spike
South Korea will close museums, parks and art galleries
in the capital Seoul and has urged employers to reintroduce flexible working hours after reporting 79 new cases of coronavirus on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 28 May 2020.
- Maryland, Virginia businesses split on opening or staying closed during coronavirus pandemic
Annapolis art gallery
owner Katherine Burke says there are too many risks and unknowns about the coronavirus, which is why she will keep her business closed even as others reopen under phase one of Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan's plan. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 19 May 2020.
- A Look Back: "Sunday Morning" and the arts
For four decades "Sunday Morning" has been a sort of art gallery
on TV. Martha Teichner checks out some of the artists whose work has graced our screens. (Originally broadcast on January 27, 2019.)
CBS News. Friday, 15 May 2020.
- See How Artists Have Turned Farm Silos Into Stunning Giant Murals
The projects are helping Australia's drought-stricken rural towns find new life as outdoor art galleries
Smithsonian. Friday, 8 May 2020.
- Bus-stop art gallery lifts spirits in lockdown London
A London bus stop has been transformed into a children's art gallery
by a local resident who wanted to brighten the drudgery of lockdown life, creating a colourful community hub amid the anxiety and isolation of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reuters. Tuesday, 28 Apr 2020.
- With Many Tourist Attractions And Galleries Closed Around The World, Artists Are Inspiring People From Home
Although museums and art galleries
in china are beginning to open in restricted stages, many other countries around the world are subjected to lockdowns. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Oxford art gallery has millions of pounds worth of historic art stolen overnight
Three paintings dating as far as back as the 16th century have been stolen from Christ Church Art Gallery
in Oxford. Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following Saturday night's heist.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 15 Mar 2020.
- The sales director flying high in a world of secret menus, private lounges and an art gallery in the sky
Leo Mederios, director of sales at 181 Fremont, an 803-foot, mixed-use skyscraper in San Francisco, wines and dines a host of potential buyers during a frenzied workweek.
Inman. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- 55 insanely neat photos of cables that belong in a modern art gallery
There's a certain breed of IT worker who has a deep fetish for all things neat and tidy.The result is a server room with hundreds of cables neatly organised,
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries