This Architecture news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about architecture and architect news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Architectural Digest: A century of style
Since 1920 the magazine has celebrated style as it evokes home, with bold-faced names pulling back the curtain on their lives to showcase the very best design in the business.
CBS News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Is The Cloud Slower For Analytical Insights?
A survey suggesting that cloud-based analytics are delivered more slowly suggests the need for rethinking IT architectures.
Forbes. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- After the fire: NatGeo takes intimate look inside Notre Dame Cathedral's restoration
Architects are, in part, using medieval hand tools to restore the cathedral to its last documented state.
ABC News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Who thought THAT was a good idea? Social media users reveal houses built without an architect
The snaps, collated in a gallery by Bored Panda, were shared on the Facebook group You Should Have Hired An Architect
which has more than 31,000 members.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Lloyd's of London could move out of its iconic 'inside-out' City headquarters after 40 years
The tower - designed by British architect
Richard Rogers and known as the 'inside-out' building because its lifts and pipework are on the outside - has been home to the world's oldest insurance market since 1986.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Keysight (KEYS) 5G Validation Tools Chosen by Eurofins E&E Taiwan
Keysights (KEYS) 5G network emulation solutions facilitate end-to-end processes from development to deployment, accelerating the 5G device architecture
Zacks. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Lonely? Get in Line. A Covid Test Line.
Tales of New Yorkers singing together, getting impromptu architecture
lessons and making new friends.
New York Times. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Robert Birnbaum, Architect of Modern-Day Financial Markets, Dies at 94
He was renowned for his steady hand during the 1987 stock market crash. He later helped design circuit breakers to calm future panics.
New York Times. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- 'We are getting ready': Ukraine's growing reserve army preparing for potential Russian attack
The instructor held up a drone fitted with cameras to a classroom of cooks, architects and office workers who have taken time out from civilian life in Ukraine to gain soldiering skills.
Sky News. Sunday, 9 Jan 2022.
- A rare look inside Bernard Judge's 1970s experimental Tree House, shaped by ecology
In 1977, The Times described Bernard Judge's Los Angeles 'Tree House' as 'a lark of a house.' In the wake of the architect's death we visit the unusual home.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Tyra Banks flips yet another home in Pacific Palisades
Tyra Banks just sold her fifth Pacific Palisades home in four years, unloading the boxy architectural abode for her full asking price of $7.895 million.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- Qualcomm (QCOM), Z-ONE TECH to Power Smart Vehicle Experience
Qualcomm (QCOM) has chip technologies and products, which are well-aligned with Z-ONE TECH's innovation in the field of intelligent car electronic architecture
Zacks. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- The Sea Ranch Had The Largest Real Estate Price Increase In The SF Bay Area In 2021
The ZIP code with the biggest increase of about 38% was Sea Ranch, the small, remote community on the Sonoma County coast that boasts unique architecture
and dozens of trails.
Forbes. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- Highlights from the career of architect Richard Rogers
Lord Rogers, who has died aged 88, designed the Millennium Dome and the Pompidou Centre.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 Dec 2021.
- Obituary: Pioneering architect Richard Rogers
Pioneering, controversial architect, who designed some of the world's most eye-catching buildings.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 Dec 2021.
Architects News Headlines and News Summaries