This Arbitration news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about arbitration and arbitrator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Arbitrator: UConn improperly fired coach Ollie
UConn improperly fired former coach Kevin Ollie and must pay him more than $11 million, an independent arbitrator
ruled Thursday. Ollie was fired in 2018 after the school reported numerous NCAA violations.
ESPN. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Sources: Bellinger, Dodgers agreed to $17M deal
Slugger Cody Bellinger and the Dodgers agreed on a one-year, $17 million contract to avoid arbitration
before the Dec. 1 lockout that has shut down MLB and frozen transactions, sources familiar with the agreement told ESPN.
ESPN. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
- Cody Bellinger agrees to one-year deal worth $17 million with Dodgers
Dodgers outfielder Cody Bellinger avoided arbitration
by agreeing to a one-year, $17-million contract before the start of the lockout.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
- Chicago firefighters ordered to comply with city's COVID vaccine mandate
has ruled that several unions representing Chicago firefighters and other city employees must follow Mayor Lori Lightfoot's COVID-19 vaccination policy.
ABC News. Friday, 17 Dec 2021.
- Lewis Hamilton appeal setback - Mercedes CAN'T take claim to Court of Arbitration for Sport
MARTIN SAMUEL - CHIEF SPORTS WRITER: Mercedes will get one shot at overturning the race result from the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Max Verstappen's drivers' championship title.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Dec 2021.
- Major League Baseball Must Embrace Creativity When It Comes To Service Time
Creativity regarding service time can accelerate pre-arbitration and salary arbitration
ball players' journeys towards free agency.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Dec 2021.
- The O.C. sheriff fired a deputy for tossing evidence. Now he has to be reinstated
Deputy Randolph Torres was terminated in 2019 after he threw evidence in the trash. An arbitrator
determined he should be returned to his job, though he won't get back pay.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 8 Dec 2021.
- Manfred: Union proposals would damage small markets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Hours into Major League Baseball's first work stoppage in 26 years, Commissioner Rob Manfred said the union's proposal for greater free agency and wider salary arbitration
would damage small-market teams. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 2 Dec 2021.
- Brewers Sign Tellez, Bid Adieu To Vogelbach Ahead Of Non-Tender Deadline
Rowdy Tellez accepted a one-year contract while fellow first baseman Daniel Vogelbach was not among the nine arbitration-eligible players tendered contracts by the Milwaukee Brewers ahead of a Nov. 30 deadline.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021.
- For Rules in Technology, the Challenge is to Balance Code and Law
Crypto fans have argued that code can be a better arbitrator
than traditional regulators.
New York Times. Tuesday, 23 Nov 2021.
- Kevin Spacey to pay nearly $31 million to 'House of Cards' studio
MRC has won a $31 million arbitration
against Kevin Spacey for his alleged sexual misconduct on the set of Netflix's "House of Cards."
Fox News. Monday, 22 Nov 2021.
- Albemarle's (ALB) Q3 Earnings and Revenues Top Estimates
Albemarle (ALB) reports a net loss in Q3 on the arbitration
decision involving Huntsman Corporation. Its sales were aided by robust performance in its Lithium and Bromine business segments.
Zacks. Thursday, 4 Nov 2021.
- Four women accusing actor Danny Masterson of rape ask for trial instead of religious arbitration
The Church of Scientology says its arbitration
process is part of an agreement the women signed when they joined the church, but the women's lawyer argues that they're no longer part of the group.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 3 Nov 2021.
- Judge Blocks Chicago From Enforcing Police Vaccine Mandate
The city can require officers to report their vaccination status and be tested, but a Dec. 31 deadline to be vaccinated cannot be enforced until an arbitrator
weighs in, the judge ruled.
New York Times. Monday, 1 Nov 2021.
- Ukraine, Russia Return To Arbitration Court Over Black Sea Ship Seizures
Oral arguments begin in the international Permanent Court of Arbitration
in The Hague on October 11 in the latest round of a long-running dispute over Russia's seizure of three Ukrainian Navy vessels in the Kerch Strait in 2018.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
Arbitrators News Headlines and News Summaries