This Arbitration news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about arbitration and arbitrator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ex-Ghana FA boss' ban reduced to 15 years
The lifetime ban of former Ghana FA president Kwesi Nyantakyi is reduced to 15 years after an appeal to the Court of Arbitration
BBC News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Parkland cop who was fired for taking cover behind his truck during shooting is reinstated
Josh Stambaugh, who was fired in June of last year by the Broward County Sheriff's Office for his response to the Parkland shooting in 2018, has won his arbitration
case and was ordered reinstated.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- What happens when COVID shuts civil courts?
COVID-19 shut down civil trials, driving a boom in online mediation and arbitration
. Consumer attorneys say individuals suffer.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- Harvey Weinstein seeks to pursue arbitration over firing
Disgraced movie mogul and convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein is asking a bankruptcy judge to allow him to pursue arbitration
in New York over what he claims is his wrongful termination.
Fox News. Saturday, 22 Aug 2020.
- Cop fired over racist Christmas tree decorations reinstated
The Minneapolis officer is back on the force amid a push for arbitration
reform in the wake of George Floyd's killing.
CBS News. Friday, 14 Aug 2020.
- Minneapolis officer fired for racist Christmas decorations wins job back in arbitration
has ruled against the Minneapolis Police Department in the firing of an officer accused of decorating a precinct Christmas tree with racist items.
Fox News. Friday, 14 Aug 2020.
- U.S. judge denies claims Uber won price-fixing suit because arbitrator was scared
A U.S. judge on Monday denied a request by an Uber Technologies customer to overturn an arbitration
win for the company in a price-fixing case over claims the arbitrator
only ruled in Uber's favor because he was scared.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- 'Hearts & Partick Thistle arbitration saga settled, but distrust now rife'
Hearts and Partick Thistle have had their hopes of a relegation reprieve ended, but the glee, rancour and suspicion in Scottish football will linger, writes Tom English.
BBC News. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
- Reasons to Retain FTI Consulting (FCN) in Your Portfolio
FTI Consulting (FCN) is an excellent partner for global clients dealing with international arbitration
Zacks. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- CAS Lift Man City UEFA Champions League Ban Following FFP Case
The Court of Arbitration
for Sport has overturned the decision to ban Man City from UEFA competitions.
Forbes. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Man City's ban from European football overturned
Manchester City's two-year suspension from European football was overturned by the Court of Arbitration
for Sport on Monday, allowing the club to compete in next season's Champions League.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- The Minnesota Freedom Fund Crisis: $30 Million and an Arbitration
The sole employee of the bail fund is in arbitration
with the board, after anonymous accusations were lodged about her identity.
New York Times. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Why MLB Players Opted For $1.2 Billion In Pay Instead Of $1.6 Billion
The union seems to be playing an arbitration
Forbes. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- In Fine Print, Airlines Make It Harder to Fight for Passenger Rights
An increasing number of airlines are adding clauses that require passengers to settle disputes in private arbitration, rather than in court, and bar passengers from starting or joining class-action lawsuits.
New York Times. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- Judge allows Realogy lawsuit against Compass to continue
Judge Barry Ostrager denied Compass' motion to dismiss the complaint and attempt to compel the two sides into arbitration
concerning claims in the lawsuit.
Inman. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
Arbitrators News Headlines and News Summaries