This Arbitration news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about arbitration and arbitrator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amazon Ends Use of Arbitration for Customer Disputes
Now they will be pursued in federal court, a significant retreat from a strategy that often helps companies avoid liability.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport rejects Ogwumike's appeal
Nneka Ogwumike and Elizabeth Williams won't be playing for Nigeria in the Tokyo Olympics after the Court of Arbitration
for Sport rejected their appeal.
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- 'I never thought battle for gender equity would be hardest' - Bujold Tokyo-bound after appeal win
Canadian boxer Mandy Bujold will compete in this summer's Olympics after a successful appeal to the Court of Arbitration
BBC News. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- Swimmer Sun Yang banned again, to miss Tokyo
Chinese swimming star Sun Yang was banned for more than four years Tuesday for breaking anti-doping rules after a retrial at the Court of Arbitration
ESPN. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Andre Onana: Cameroon and Ajax keeper has doping ban reduced
Cameroon and and Ajax keeper Andre Onana has his 12-month ban for a doping violation reduced by the Court of Arbitration
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Jun 2021.
- Mets' Alonso claims MLB manipulating baseballs to harm FAs
New York Mets slugger Pete Alonso accused Major League Baseball of manipulating the baseballs to harm the earning potential for star free agents and players eligible for arbitration
Fox News. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
- ViacomCBS keeps $120 million after arbitration with former CEO Les Moonves
Moonves' employment was terminated on September 9, 2018 following multiple allegations of sexual assault or misconduct.
CBS News. Friday, 14 May 2021.
- How Movie Theaters Can Still Win Big In The Streaming Wars
A glut of streaming titles and shorter theatrical windows could lead to movie theaters reasserting the big screen as an arbitrator
of event movie status.
Forbes. Friday, 14 May 2021.
- As more retailers turn to tech, Macy's store employees score victory in challenging self-checkout in mobile app
A union scored a victory in challenging Macy's self-checkout, as an arbitrator
ruled the retailer must find a way to credit store employees who get commissions.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Lawyers fighting Samsung say the Constitution itself is at stake
Fine print in a Samsung user manual is keeping Note 7 burn victims from suing. Lawyers Devon C. Bruce and Jan H. Ohlander are fighting for their plaintiff's right to sue, instead of participate in arbitration
CBS News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Ruling in doping case to keep world's fastest sprinter out of Tokyo Olympics
Facing a two-year ban for missed drug tests, top U.S. sprinter Christian Coleman sees his appeal to the Court of Arbitration
for sport fall short.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Uber is ordered to pay blind woman $1.1million after drivers balked at her service dog Bernie
Lisa Irving, a San Francisco resident, won the judgement in a binding arbitration
ruling after Uber drivers repeatedly refused her service over her Golden Retriever service dog named Bernie.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 4 Apr 2021.
- Column: AT&T's new arbitration clause isn't doing you any favors
AT&T says its revised arbitration
clause will help customers. Don't be fooled. All such provisions favor companies, not consumers, experts say.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 19 Mar 2021.
- Top Sports Court Cancels Iranian Judo Federation Suspension
Iran's suspension from international judo tournaments for refusing to allow its athletes to compete against Israeli opponents was overturned by the Court of Arbitration
for Sport (CAS) on March 1.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
- Amazon seller blasts the company's forced arbitration policy in congressional hearing on antitrust
An Amazon seller blasted the company's forced arbitration
policy in a congressional hearing on antitrust Thursday.
CNBC. Thursday, 11 Feb 2021.
Arbitrators News Headlines and News Summaries