This Arbitration news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about arbitration and arbitrator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Alkermes (ALKS) Gets Final Award in Janssen Arbitration, Ups View
Alkermes (ALKS) receives final award in arbitration
proceedings with partner Janssen. It also raises its financial outlook for 2023.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Court grants Gary Keller request to reject John Davis appeal
Davis's attempt to overturn a ruling sending the case to arbitration
failed after a three-judge panel granted a motion to dismiss filed by Keller, Keller Williams and former KW President Josh Team.
Inman. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Tiger Woods Scores A Legal Victory In Battle With Ex-Girlfriend Erica Herman
A judge's ruling states that any disputes or claims must be resolved in a private arbitration
Forbes. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Mike Lindell's $5 million contest winner is taking him to court
panel ruled a software expert won the My Pillow CEO's election-fraud contest and is entitled to the winnings. But he hasn't been paid, the filing alleges.
CBS News. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Judge won't release Tiger's ex-girlfriend from NDA
A Florida judge ruled late Wednesday that the ex-girlfriend of Tiger Woods must abide by a nondisclosure agreement she purportedly signed and resolve her lawsuits seeking millions from the golf superstar through private arbitration
ESPN. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- GMB union writes to tribunal for Amazon recognition in pay row
The trade union is writing to the Central Arbitration
Committee to request legal recognition.
BBC News. Friday, 12 May 2023.
- Tiger Woods has a good day in court as Florida judge appears skeptical about Erica Herman NDA claims
In a 45-minute hearing, Circuit Judge Elizabeth Metzger repeatedly questioned why mandatory arbitration
clause in the disputed agreement would not invalidate Erica Herman's lawsuit.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 9 May 2023.
- Tesla urged by seven senators to end forced arbitration for workers and customers
Similar to most large companies, Tesla requires workers to sign an arbitration
agreement upon employment wherever it is legal to do so.
CNBC. Monday, 8 May 2023.
- Mike Lindell told to pay $5 million in "Prove Mike Wrong" challenge
panel ruled in favor of software expert Robert Zeidman, who said he found Lindell's data "was all bogus."
CBS News. Thursday, 20 Apr 2023.
- Mike Lindell Loses Arbitration Case and Must Pay $5 Million
panel ruled that the MyPillow founder had failed to pay a computer software expert who disproved his false election claims as part of a contest.
New York Times. Thursday, 20 Apr 2023.
- Kazakhstan Files $16.5B Oilfield Arbitration Claim
Kazakhstan launches a $16.5 billion arbitration
case against a consortium developing its Kashagan and Karachaganak oilfields, alleging unauthorized spending and disputing profit-sharing deductions.
Zacks. Friday, 14 Apr 2023.
- Kazakhstan Takes Global Majors To Court Over Oil Field Revenues
Kazakhstan on April 11 said it had begun international arbitration
court proceedings against energy majors including ExxonMobil and Shell over $16.5 billion in costs deducted from the revenues from two oil fields.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023.
- European Tour May Punish LIV Golfers, Arbitrators Rule
The decision by a panel in London was an early test for the Saudi Arabia-backed circuit, which is also facing legal battles in the United States.
New York Times. Thursday, 6 Apr 2023.
- DP World Tour reportedly 'wins' arbitration case against LIV players
The DP World Tour is making "no comment" following reports it has won its arbitration
case against LIV players.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 Apr 2023.
- Shohei Ohtani 'is set to receive a record $65m this season' - making him MLB's highest earner
The amount includes the one-year, $30m contract extension that the 28-year-old Japanese star signed with the Los Angeles Angels last October as part of an agreement to avoid arbitration
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 28 Mar 2023.
Arbitrators News Headlines and News Summaries