This Arbitration news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about arbitration and arbitrator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Australian Open: Ukraine's Dayana Yastremska has doping ban appeal heard by Cas
Ukrainian player Dayana Yastremska's appeal against a doping ban is fast-tracked by the Court of Arbitration
for Sport so it can be resolved before the Australian Open.
BBC News. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Russia's Anti-Doping Agency Will Not Challenge Two-Year Doping Ban
Russia's anti-doping agency, RUSADA, says it will not appeal a decision by the Court of Arbitration
for Sport (CAS) to ban Russia from competing as a nation at sports tournaments for two years.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Arbitration Settlement Could Be First Step To Long-Term Deal Between Mets And Francisco Lindor
The New York Mets and newly acquired Francisco Lindor agreed to a one-year, $22.3-million contract to avoid a salary arbitration
Forbes. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Shohei Ohtani heads to arbitration; Dylan Bundy and Andrew Heaney reach deals
Angels starters Andrew Heaney and Dylan Bundy avoided arbitration
by agreeing to one-year deals, but Shohei Ohtani has not come to terms.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Cody Bellinger avoids arbitration, agrees to one-year, $16.1-million deal with Dodgers
Dodgers center fielder Cody Bellinger has agreed to a one-year, $16.1-million contract with the team, thus avoiding arbitration
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Chicago Cubs Confront Tough Decisions When It Comes To Kris Bryant Trade Rumors
Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is in his final year of arbitration
eligibility as his name appears in trade rumors. ...
Forbes. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Judge rules Danny Masterson stalking and intimidation cases must go through Scientology mediation
On Wednesday, a judge ruled that the cases brought by three women and one man against Danny Masterson must go through 'religious arbitration' within the Church of Scientology,
Daily Mail. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- MAGGIE PAGANO: David Frost proud of Brexit deal
Frost got what Prime Minister Boris Johnson - and he - set out to achieve: the freedom to diverge from Brussels' rules with recourse to an independent arbitration
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Sun Yang's Eight-Year Doping Ban Is Overturned
Lawyers for Sun Yang, a three-time Olympic champion, presented evidence that one of the arbitrators who issued his eight-year suspension had made racist comments about China on social media.
New York Times. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Chinese Investors File Arbitration Case Against Ukraine Over Motor Sich Investment
Chinese investors have brought a $3.5 billion arbitration
case against Ukraine for blocking the sale of a strategic aircraft engine maker whose fate Washington is closely following.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Russia can't use its name and flag at the next 2 Olympics
Russia will not be able to use its name, flag and anthem at the next two Olympics or at any world championships for the next two years after a ruling Thursday by the Court of Arbitration
Fox News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Russia's ban from all major sport events cut to two years
Russia's ban from all major sporting events after a doping scandal is cut to two years by the Court of Arbitration
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport to Rule on Russia Doping Ban
Russia dismisses allegations of cheating, while world anti-doping body says country has harmed clean sports.
Voice of America. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Suspension Reduced for Gymnastics Coach Accused of Emotional and Physical Abuse
hearing an appeal from Maggie Haney, who has coached an Olympian and other top athletes, decided some of the testimony against her was improperly used.
New York Times. Wednesday, 9 Dec 2020.
- Arbitrator Orders NYC Hotels To Pay $500 Million To Employees Affected By Pandemic
'A really dangerous slope'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020.
Arbitrators News Headlines and News Summaries