This Arbitration news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about arbitration and arbitrator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- African Champions League final: Caf to meet over Cas replay decision
The Confederation of African Football says there will be meetings to discuss the Court of Arbitration
for Sport overruling a decision to replay the Champions League final final.
BBC News. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- African Champions League final: More confusion as Cas overturns replay decision
The destiny of the African Champions League is uncertain after the Court of Arbitration
for Sport overrules the decision to replay the final.
BBC News. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Union president charged in NYC with taking bribes
NEW YORK (AP) - The president of a local longshoremen's labor union based in New Jersey has been charged with taking $150,000 bribes in exchange for not filing arbitration
claims against a person who employed union members. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 27 Jul 2019.
- Inside NHL Salary Arbitration And The 40 Players Who Have Filed
This summer, 40 NHL players elected to have an arbitrator
decide their salary for the 2019-20 season.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019.
- Japanese minister calls South Korea's ambassador 'rude' as economic dispute goes on
Japan's foreign minister on Friday summoned South Korea's ambassador and accused Seoul of violating international law by refusing to join an arbitration
panel to settle a dispute over forced labour during the Second World War.
CBC News. Friday, 19 Jul 2019.
- Outrage: Taking Away Rights From Vulnerable Nursing Home Residents
In a horrible destruction of nursing home residents' rights, the Feds have destroyed the basic legal privilege of taking a claim in a nursing home to court. Forcing secret arbitrations on these elders and disabled is a travesty. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- Providers notch wins in House surprise billing legislation
The House Energy and Commerce Committee cleared legislation to ban surprise bills with an arbitration
option and other provider-friendly changes.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- The Latest: Japan urges South Korea to agree to arbitration
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - The Latest on trade and political disputes between Japan and South Korea (all times local): 6 p.m. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- House panel to vote on arbitration backstop for surprise medical bills
The House Energy and Commerce Committee will vote on an amendment to add an arbitration
option for pricey surprise medical bills.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- KO to Sell Its Own Energy Drinks, MNST's Objection Ruled Out
Arbitrators provide clearance for the sale of Coca-Cola's (KO) energy drink brand. This resolves Coca-Cola's dispute with Monster Beverage regarding an agreement signed in 2015.
Zacks. Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019.
- Coca-Cola gets green signal to sell energy drink under Monster Beverage contract
tribunal has ruled that Coca-Cola can sell its energy drink globally under the terms of the contract with Monster Beverage, the two companies said on Monday, months after the launch of the product in Europe.
CNBC. Monday, 1 Jul 2019.
- Michigan man, 50, who won $80million lottery while getting divorced must give half to his ex-wife
Richard Anthony Zelasko, 50, has been told he must give his estranged wife Mary Elizabeth, 48, half of the money he received because an arbitrator
handling their divorce deems it marital property.
Daily Mail. Friday, 21 Jun 2019.
- Alphabet employees blast policies on contractors and China at shareholder meeting
Employees spoke out on issues such as forced arbitration, workplace equity and Project Dragonfly at Alphabet's annual shareholder meeting.
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jun 2019.
- A Priest Impregnated a Teenager. Decades Later, Should He Be Allowed to Teach?
ruled last month that Joseph DeShan can remain in the classroom, igniting a debate between parents determined to oust him and those who defend the longtime teacher.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Riot Games employees walk out to protest forced arbitration - CNET
Walkout comes after reports that female employees were subjected to sexual harassment.
CNET. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
Arbitrators News Headlines and News Summaries