This Aquarium news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about aquariums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tricky brainteaser challenges film buffs to identify the 12 hidden horror movies
A tricky new brainteaser, created by UK-based family entertainment venue Tynemouth Aquarium, has challenged puzzlers to identify 12 horror films in the busy graphic.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- 'Ghost' rays in Japanese aquarium for 23 years are new species
Scientists in Japan announced that a pair of rays that've been in an aquarium
for 23 years are actually part of a previously unknown species they've dubbed Rhynchobatus mononoke,
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Aquarium hatches critically endangered flapper skate
After 18 months, an Oban aquarium
has successfully incubated the rare fish which has now been released into the sea.
BBC News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- IL residents have 12 chances to visit the Shedd Aquarium for free this Oct.
Illinois residents can claim their free tickets either online or by phone.
ABC News. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- The Choice Is With Us, Be Aware And Help The Marine Life Of 2030, Now - With Bob Davidson CEO, Seattle Aquarium
Bob Davidson is the CEO of the Seattle Aquarium, where he has been since 2002, nearly 19 years guiding one of the leading aquariums
in the US.
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Shedd Aquarium hosts week-long cleanup of Chicago beaches, parks
The cleanups began Monday at Loyola Beach and will wrap up on Saturday at 63rd Street Beach.
ABC News. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- 'Aggressive' Central American fish in Highlands river
It is believed the cichlids had been kept in an aquarium
before being released into the River Ness.
BBC News. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
- Machine learning peeks into nano-aquariums
In the nanoworld, tiny particles such as proteins appear to dance as they transform and assemble to perform various tasks while suspended in a liquid. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 24 Aug 2020.
- New York Gov. Cuomo says museums, bowling alleys to reopen in NYC, and gyms may be next
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the state will allow museums, aquariums
and other cultural centers in New York City to reopen in the coming weeks.
CNBC. Friday, 14 Aug 2020.
- Aquarium collecting coins in waterfall to help pay for animal care
The North Carolina Aquarium
at Pine Knoll Shores is transforming the forgotten change into cold, hard cash.
CBS News. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- Bleaching affects aquarium corals, too
A world-first study examines the temperature thresholds of Australian aquarium
corals and finds they are at risk under climate change.
Science Daily. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Louisiana man charged after swim in Bass Pro Shop aquarium: reports
A Louisiana man seen in a viral video swimming inside an aquarium
at a Bass Pro Shop store has been arrested, according to reports.
Fox News. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- $34M Miami Beach spec mansion has a 5,600-gallon aquarium
The $1 million custom aquarium
was imported from Japan and is so large that it must be maintained by a scuba diver.
Inman. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Baby dragons take their bow in a Slovenian cave
Three rare aquatic creatures known as baby dragons are going on display in an aquarium
at Slovenia's Postojna Cave, one of the country's biggest tourist attractions.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- 'We can't furlough animals': Aquariums under threat
Many of the country's aquariums
could close for good unless they are given more government support, or allowed to reopen along with zoos.
Sky News. Saturday, 13 Jun 2020.
Aquariums News Headlines and News Summaries