This Aquarium news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about aquariums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hammerhead sharks captured at the Great Barrier Reef die in French aquarium after EATING each other
A total of 30 scalloped hammerhead sharks captured at the Great Barrier Reef have died in a French aquarium.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- At The Baltimore Aquarium, Climate Change Presents Challenges Both Inside And Out
Three years ago, the aquarium decided it would find a sanctuary in the wild for its prized pod of dolphins. But then climate change complicated the plan entirely.
NPR. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Vancouver aquarium-owned belugas to be shipped from Ontario's Marineland to aquarium in Spain
Marineland and the Vancouver Aquarium are shipping beluga whales out of the country just as the federal government sets its sights on stopping the import and export of cetaceans. A new federal law would ban exports of marine mammals.
CBC News. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- Oldest southern sea otter in captivity dies in California
Charlie, the oldest southern sea otter held by any zoo or aquarium, has died in California
ABC News. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Climate change and pollution delay move of captive dolphins
An aquarium in Maryland has been looking to build a refuge in the tropics for its captive dolphins
ABC News. Friday, 19 Apr 2019.
- Great white sharks are NOT kings of the ocean as study finds they FLEE from killer whales
Experts from Monterey Bay Aquarium set about to see what happens in the rare cases when sharks and orcas end up occupying the same waters.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Omaha zoo's Asia exhibit nears completion
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - The road to Asia is nearly paved. The Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is putting the finishing touches on its 8-acre, $22 million Asian Highlands exhibit, set to open May 17. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 13 Apr 2019.
- Trilobites: Romeo, Meet Juliet. Now Go Save Your Species.
The Sehuencas water frogs in a Bolivian aquarium hit it off, but Romeo might need a little more practice before they succeed in reproducing.
New York Times. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
- Rare Sehuencas water frogs' first date footage released
Romeo, known as the world's loneliest frog, had spent 10 years living in isolation at an aquarium.
BBC News. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
- 'Strange animal' uncovered on Washington beach is 'incredibly rare' find
Last week, marine experts at Seaside Aquarium fielded a call about a bizarre sea creature found buried in the sand at a beach in Long Beach, Washington.
Fox News. Tuesday, 19 Mar 2019.
- Baby ray fish grown in sandwich bag 'hatches' in Macduff
The unusual technique was used after the ray trapped in its egg case at an aquarium in Aberdeenshire.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019.
- The Pioneering Desert X Biennial Features Land Art Designed For Catastrophic Sea Level Rise
The sprawling Desert X Biennial in southern California's Coachella Valley is famous for art that is conceptually audacious and visually arresting, as exemplified by a giant Superflex sculpture inspired by aquarium furnishings.
Forbes. Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019.
- True love: Same-sex penguins raise a baby chick
True love has found a way for two male penguins at the Sea Life Sydney Aquarium in Australia
CBS News. Sunday, 10 Feb 2019.
- Starving northern fur seal pup arrives at Vancouver Aquarium rescue centre
The emaciated little pup named Mo was rescued by salmon farm staff near Hardwicke Island.
CBC News. Wednesday, 30 Jan 2019.
- Aquarium apologizes for sea otter tweet perceived as body-shaming
The tweet featured words and phrases such as "thicc," "c h o n k" and "OH LAWD SHE COMIN"
CBS News. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
Gorgeous yellow fish in an aquarium
Related Directory Page(s)
Aquariums News Headlines and News Summaries