This Aquarium news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about aquariums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago's Shedd Penguins famous for their field trips
The famous penguins from Chicago's Shedd Aquarium
ABC News. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Chicago COVID restrictions: Field Museum, Art Institute, Shedd Aquarium set to reopen as metrics improve
Chicago museums are reopening their doors, with strict safety measures, as COVID-19 metrics in the city continue to improve.
ABC News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Oh, daddy! Endangered male seahorse gives birth to 100 babies
The White's seahorse welcomed its young, each the size of a grain of rice, in its tank at the Sea Life Sydney Aquarium
last month. A video of the moment has been shared online.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Tennessee Aquarium upgrades HVAC with coronavirus grant
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Aquarium
has used a grant to upgrade its HVAC systems as a safeguard against the indoor transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Why did the penguins go to the cinema?
These birds from a Chicago aquarium
go on regular trips to unusual places. There's a good reason for it.
BBC News. Tuesday, 1 Dec 2020.
- London Aquarium screens Christmas films for its Gentoo penguins left bored during lockdown
The London attraction has been closed since November 5, when it was announced that there would be a shutdown in England to curb the spread of Covid-19.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 1 Dec 2020.
- 350-pound loggerhead among 150 turtles rescued in Cape Cod
The turtle was not breathing on his own and was only "minimally responsive," but is now being treated by New England Aquarium's veterinarians.
CBS News. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- Cold-stunned 350-pound loggerhead turtle washes up on Cape Cod
The turtle currently resides at the New England Aquarium
as experts care for it.
Fox News. Monday, 23 Nov 2020.
- The Choice Is With Us, Be Aware And Help The Marine Life Of 2030, Now - With Bob Davidson CEO, Seattle Aquarium
Bob Davidson is the CEO of the Seattle Aquarium, where he has been since 2002, nearly 19 years guiding one of the leading aquariums
in the US.
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- New York Gov. Cuomo says museums, bowling alleys to reopen in NYC, and gyms may be next
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the state will allow museums, aquariums
and other cultural centers in New York City to reopen in the coming weeks.
CNBC. Friday, 14 Aug 2020.
- 'We can't furlough animals': Aquariums under threat
Many of the country's aquariums
could close for good unless they are given more government support, or allowed to reopen along with zoos.
Sky News. Saturday, 13 Jun 2020.
- Join a Smithsonian Entomologist and the Monterey Bay Aquarium for This Beetle-Centric 'Animal Crossing' Livestream
Airing on the aquarium's Twitch channel at 4 p.m. EST today, the two-hour session will focus on the video game's diverse insect population
Smithsonian. Monday, 4 May 2020.
- An Aquarium in Japan Wants You to FaceTime With Its Shy Eels
With the aquarium
closed to the public, the eels have started to be uncharacteristically bashful around humans.
Mental Floss. Friday, 1 May 2020.
- Animals Are Taking Adorable Field Trips During Quarantine
With many zoos and aquariums
closed to the public, keepers let animals roam empty hallways to meet their neighbors
Smithsonian. Friday, 10 Apr 2020.
Aquariums News Headlines and News Summaries