This Aquarium news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about aquariums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Endangered Sumatran tiger dies at Washington zoo after suffering severe injuries during breeding introduction
Kirana, a 6-year-old Sumatran tiger at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium
in Tacoma, died Monday after being introduced to a potential mate as part of a breeding plan to help save the endangered species, according to zoo officials.
Fox News. Tuesday, 5 Oct 2021.
- Shedd Aquarium cleaning up Chicago beaches as part of 'Action Days'
There's a clean-up effort happening at 12th Street Beach in Chicago Wednesday.
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 Sep 2021.
- Twin panda cubs are born at Spain's Madrid Zoo
Madrid Zoo Aquarium
announced on Monday that a giant panda gave birth to twin cubs, the second time that has happened in the zoo's history.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 Sep 2021.
- One-in-two-million blue lobster landed by Aberdeen fisherman
The Aberdeen man says he will offer it to an aquarium, or put it back into the sea if it is not wanted.
BBC News. Thursday, 2 Sep 2021.
- Second beluga in failing health after move to Connecticut
says that a second of the five beluga whales it imported in May from a marine park in Canada is in failing health.
Fox News. Wednesday, 25 Aug 2021.
- Six-year-old killer whale dies 'suddenly' at SeaWorld San Diego
A killer whale has died "unexpectedly" and "suddenly" at SeaWorld San Diego, the aquarium
and theme park said on Friday.
Sky News. Friday, 20 Aug 2021.
- Same-sex penguin couples get ready to foster eggs during mating season at Aussie aquarium
The Gentoo penguins named Klaus and Jones - one couple - and Branston and Tiger - the other - have moved into their own nests alongside the other penguins at the Melbourne aquarium.
Daily Mail. Friday, 20 Aug 2021.
- Shedd Aquarium offering free admission to IL residents Thursdays in August
Mark your calendar! Thursdays in August are free at the Shedd Aquarium.
ABC News. Monday, 2 Aug 2021.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium animals ready for their closeup with reopening set for May 15
Penguins and otters at Monterey Bay Aquarium
are said to have perked up since members began visiting recently. Reopening to the public is days away.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Otters at Georgia Aquarium test positive for coronavirus
The Asian small-clawed otters may have caught the virus from an asymptomatic staff member
Smithsonian. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Officials Say Invasive Zebra Mussels Are Hiding in Aquarium Decor Sold Across U.S.
Pet stores in 21 states recall items after reports of the destructive bivalves lurking in moss balls
Smithsonian. Friday, 12 Mar 2021.
Aquariums News Headlines and News Summaries