This Appliance news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about appliances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Death of the middleman? Imagining a cheaper, fairer marketplace for digital goods
Researchers see a blockchain-driven future where cars, homes and appliances can buy and sell digital information.
Science Daily. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Seven fire crews battle Moray wildfire
Seven appliances are trying to put out the burning heather and woodland near Dunphail, Forres.
BBC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- LG develops AI chip for home appliances
The AI chip, which uses its own neural engine, is aimed at being used in home appliances.
ZDNet. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- US retail sales slip 0.2% in April as spending on cars, appliances and clothing falls
US retail sales slip 0.2% in April as spending on cars, appliances and clothing falls
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Via Varejo's shareholder Michel Klein may bid for control -report
Michel Klein, whose family is one of Via Varejo SA's largest shareholders, with a 25.2% stake, plans to bid for the Brazilian appliance retailer in association with other investors, newspaper Valor Economico reported on Monday.
Reuters. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Insanely popular Ninja Foodi multi-cooker drops to $199 for one-day sale - CNET
One appliance to rule them all! The 8-quart Foodi is a pressure-cooker, slow-cooker, air-fryer and even dehydrator. Plus: A microwave-oven deal for good measure.
CNET. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- The Cloud Is Creating Head Winds For Security Appliance Vendors
Symantec reports that its security hardware sales are lackluster in the face of increasing pressure from cloud delivered services. This is an early warning in the market for the hardware security vendors.
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- US Consumer Prices Rose 0.3% on Higher Gas, Housing Costs
U.S. consumer prices increased 0.3% in April, led by more expensive gasoline, rents and appliances.
Newsmax. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Best Nutrition Innovation 2019
a rundown of the best nutrition innovations that use technology to aid us in leading a healthier life, be it appliances, gadgets, services, or supplements.
Forbes. Saturday, 27 Apr 2019.
- China is making more air conditioners, and that's a good sign for the economy: Citi
Production of air-conditioners and other home appliances is ramping up in China. Citi says that is a good sign for the world's second-largest economy.
CNBC. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Best smart lighting: Philips Hue, IKEA, Osram and more
Having a smarthome isn't just about clever appliances or smartphone-controlled heating, you can also get clever lights too and that doesn't just mean smartphone
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Whirlpool profit beats on price hikes, shares jump
Appliances maker Whirlpool Corp beat analysts' estimates for quarterly profit on Monday, fueled by price increases to counter higher raw material and freight costs.
Reuters. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Sleep Apnea: Oral appliance could help you (and your partner) sleep better
Researchers measured a novel treatment for sleep apnea and found positive results. By measuring patients lying down flat, the researchers stimulated sleep conditions and measured the patient's airways using 3D imaging. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019.
- Tariffs' Complex Ripple Effects Hit Appliance Shoppers And Makers
Prices on appliances are slowly ticking down after posting their biggest increase in about five years. One tariff was a boon to U.S. manufacturers. But other tariffs hiked costs for the industry.
NPR. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Does the Air Fryer Deliver on Its Golden Promise?
Melissa Clark cooks with an air fryer, the kitchen appliance of the moment, to see if it really provides deep-fried taste without the fat.
New York Times. Friday, 5 Apr 2019.
Orthodontist inserting a tooth-aligning appliance
Related Directory Page(s)
Appliance Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries