This Appliance news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about appliances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Remote-control your stuff with this four-pack of 16-amp smart plugs for $18 (Updated: Expired) - CNET
These Gosund smart plugs operate high-amperage appliances
but are slim enough that they don't cover the other outlet.
CNET. Sunday, 19 Jan 2020.
- Factors Setting the Tone for Citrix's (CTXS) Q4 Earnings
Citrix's (CTXS) Q4 performance is likely to have gained from robust adoption of subscription-based services. However, sluggish demand in hardware-based appliances
may have been a headwind.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Kitchens get smarter at CES 2020 with robotic chopping arms and oven cameras
makers and tech companies have brought a range of internet-connected and AI-powered devices for the kitchen at CES this week, including robotic chopping arms and oven cameras.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Forget about using the kitchen to store food, LG reveals a new refrigerator designed to grow food
LG has revealed a new home appliance
that will shrink the distance from farm to table down to just a few feet, with a new climate-controlled fridge intended strictly for vegetable growing.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Samsung's AI-powered Family Hub 2020 smart fridge suggests meals and tells you to restock
makers seem to think people want everything to be smart and connected to the internet. Samsung is the latest example, with its new smart fridge
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- Major Aberdeen restaurant blaze tackled by firefighters
Eight fire appliances
were called to the building containing Valentino's and Lefevre Litigation in Aberdeen.
BBC News. Monday, 23 Dec 2019.
- Tylorstown garage fire: Tina Newman says she 'lost everything'
Tina Newman says she she lost all her furniture and home appliances
in the blaze.
BBC News. Saturday, 21 Dec 2019.
- How Much Does A Home Warranty Cost?
A home warranty can be a reasonably priced method to limit the amount of money you have to pay if a home system or appliance
needs repair. ...
Daily Caller. Thursday, 12 Dec 2019.
- Cities say no to natural gas
Gas stoves and furnaces are on the way out. Cities across the U.S. are banning gas appliances
in new buildings as they try to cut down on climate-warming emissions.
CBS News. Friday, 6 Dec 2019.
- Walmart moves Black Friday to Wednesday
Retailer says its early holiday-shopping deals will include discounts on Apple AirPods, appliances
CBS News. Wednesday, 27 Nov 2019.
- Multifunctional Small Appliances For The New Smaller Kitchen
For those with a small kitchen space, where space is at a premium, what a great invention to have - an air fryer that now comes along with a small oven that bakes, broils, roasts, toasts and warms up food.
Forbes. Thursday, 21 Nov 2019.
- Hold On to Your Lederhosen: Oktoberfest Produces a Whole Lot of Methane Gas
Incomplete combustion from gas appliances
is likely the major culprit
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 30 Oct 2019.
- Japan retail sales jump the most since 2014, outlook murky
Retail sales jumped 9.1% in September from a year before, boosted by increased demand for cars, household appliances, cosmetics and clothing, data by the trade ministry showed on Wednesday.
CNBC. Wednesday, 30 Oct 2019.
- Household Appliances Industry Outlook Dampened by High Costs
Industry Outlook Dampened by High Costs
Zacks. Friday, 25 Oct 2019.
- LG: From Low Class To High Class
LG morphed from offering low-price, standard appliances
into a brand that offers a credible, upstream elegant luxury appliances
that can now compete with U.S. brands Sub Zero, Viking, Wolf and European brands such as Miele.
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Oct 2019.
Appliance Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries