This Apartment news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about apartments from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Another Vehicle Fire Reported at Lewisville Apartment Complex
Another vehicle fire has been reported at a Lewisville apartment
complex that has seen close to a dozen similar incidents since July 2019. Lewisville Police and Fire said that they responded to the fire around 12:19 a.m. ...
NBC. Saturday, Oct 24 2020.
- Report released into death of Boston University lecturer killed in elevator accident
Carrie O'Connor, 38, was killed on September 14, while moving heavy furniture into her apartment
block in Alston, where she had just signed a lease.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Anywhere But Home: New Yorkers Get Creative About Work Spaces
The need for privacy has driven some people to rent hotel rooms, vacant apartments
and empty offices.
New York Times. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Uzbekistan Drops Controversial Case Against Journalist, Gifts Him An Apartment
Uzbek journalist Bobomurod Abdullaev has announced that a controversial criminal investigation against him has been dropped.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus US: Manhattan rent prices fall below $3,000
The average rent for an apartment
in Manhattan is now $2,990 - the lowest in nearly a decade. and a decrease of 7.8 percent since last year.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Average Rent In Manhattan Drops Below $3,000 For First Time Since 2011
There are about 30,000 more apartments
available to rent in Manhattan than there were at the same period in 2019, a 70% increase.
Forbes. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- 1 HPD sergeant killed, 1 officer wounded in shooting at apartment complex in SW Houston
One officer died from his injuries. The surviving officer was shot in the arm and is expected to recover.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Here's What $2 Million Buys You in Michigan, Florida and New York
A 1979 house near an arboretum in Ann Arbor, a four-unit Art Deco apartment
building in Miami Beach and a vacation compound in Ulster County.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- 1 Killed in Shooting at Dallas Apartment Complex: Police
A man is dead after a shooting at a Dallas apartment
complex early Tuesday morning, police say.
NBC. Tuesday, Oct 20 2020.
- How The Pandemic Actually Helped This Travel Show
A collective interest in both dream destinations and leaving small big city apartments
has been a boon for an NBC travel and lifestyle show from Boston. Find out why.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Senator Kamala Harris demands federal investigation of police shooting of Breonna Taylor in Kentucky
The Louisville Metro Police investigation that led officers to Breonna Taylor's home centered around a "trap house" 10 miles from her apartment.
Yahoo. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Naperville police arrest 2 people, search for third suspect after shots fired inside apartment
Police are working to identity a third person who escaped by jumping out the third-floor window and fleeing in a dark-colored sedan.
ABC News. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Landlords, lobbyists launch legal battle against eviction moratorium
In the wake of the Trump administration's federal moratorium on evictions, landlords, apartment
owners and housing industry groups have issued challenges against the order.
Inman. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Under-fire Azerbaijanis greet ceasefire with calls for war
Sakhib Khashimov was in no mood to talk about peace as he picked through the wreckage of his shelled-out apartment
on the Azerbaijani side of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Yahoo. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Dozens injured in fire at 33-storey tower in South Korea
Dozens of people have been injured in a large fire at an apartment
block in South Korea.
Sky News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries