This Apartment news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about apartments from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Officers in deadly Breonna Taylor raid thought she was alone
One officer said ahead of the raid officers were told Taylor's ground floor apartment
was a "soft target" and Taylor "should be there alone."
ABC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Donald Trump's disgraced fixer Michael Cohen back in custody
Cohen was seen at a sidewalk table outside Le Bilboquet, a French restaurant around the corner from his Park Avenue apartment, last Thursday with his wife Laura and another couple.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Former Saddleback College receiver catches child thrown from burning building
Retired Marine Phillip Blanks made an incredible catch to save the life of a young boy tossed from the balcony of an apartment
engulfed in flames.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- How to get out of your student housing lease
If you're having second thoughts about a dorm room or off-campus apartment
you signed up for, you may have options. Here are ways to potentially get out of your lease or cancel your contract.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Audio reveals seven cops raided Breonna Taylor's apartment with battering rams
Audio recordings from the investigation in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor reveal Louisville cops arrived at her home with battering rams despite it being considered a 'soft target.'
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Empty Manhattan apartments reach record levels, landlords slash rent
The number of apartments
listed for rent in Manhattan reached record levels in June, as brokers remained unable to host showings and more renters left the city, according to a new report.
CNBC. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Crane falls on London apartment building, killing at least 1 and injuring others
A 65-foot crane collapsed onto a block of apartments
and two houses in east London Wednesday afternoon, killing at least one person and injuring four others, authorities said.
Fox News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Crane collapses onto house in London, search and rescue underway
A search and rescue operation is underway after a 65 feet crane collapsed onto an under development apartment
block on Wednesday.
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Los Angeles police report 'outrageous number' of Fourth of July illegal fireworks calls
Illegal fireworks lit up the Los Angeles night sky on the Fourth of July, prompting hundreds of complaints to the city's police department and in one case igniting a fire that destroyed eight apartments
and injured five tenants.
Fox News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- 'I Lost Everything': Illegal Fourth Of July Fireworks Display Destroys 8 Apartments In Northridge
Five people were treated for injuries, three of whom were taken to the hospital. Joy Benedict reports.
Yahoo. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Manhattan Sees Largest Decline In Housing Sales In 30 Years, Apartment Contracts Down 76%
The number of apartment
contracts decreased 76% in June
Daily Caller. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Manhattan apartment sales worst on record, biggest plunge in 30 years
sales in the second quarter saw their biggest decline in 30 years and worst quarter on record as the real estate lockdown and urban flight after the Covid-19 crisis put a freeze on the market.
CNBC. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- More Space, Same Address
As quarantining has made small apartments
seem minuscule, some renters have been able to find larger places without leaving the building.
New York Times. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Off-Duty Dallas Police Officer Assaulted at Apartment Complex
On Thursday, an off-duty Dallas Police Officer was assaulted by multiple people while trying to disperse a small crowd.
NBC. Saturday, Jun 27 2020.
- COVID-19 cluster among migrants causes angry confrontations in southern Italian town
Italy has sent soldiers to restore order in a coastal town near Naples after a coronavirus outbreak at an apartment
complex illegally occupied by hundreds of migrant workers caused angry confrontations with residents. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries