This Antique news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about antiques from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Antiques Roadshow to return to TV with closed set after coronavirus delay
It will be the first time in more than 40 years that the programme will be filmed on a closed set, to allow for precautions against the spread of coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Arizona vintage store's sassy sign mandating masks leads to outpour of support
Vintage clothing shop Antique
Sugar in Phoenix, Arizona has gained international attention for their audacious sign mandating customers wear face masks in stores.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Middle East clay antiques seized at Heathrow found to be fake
A haul of clay pots, figurines and tablets seized at Heathrow which appeared to be from the ancient Middle East have been identified as fakes by the British Museum.
Sky News. Tuesday, 5 May 2020.
- US church faces neglect allegations after Haiti child deaths
KENSCOFF, Haiti (AP) - For a limestone mantel from the Waldorf Astoria, the church that owns the Olde Good Things antique
stores asks for $8,500. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 26 Apr 2020.
- Meet ROYL: And Find Out Why Conscious Consumerism Is At The Core Of Their Mission
In 2012, Rachel co-founded Viyet, a successful e-commerce marketplace specializing in consignment services for pre-owned luxury designer furniture, vintage, and antique
Forbes. Friday, 6 Mar 2020.
- Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant could be worth a face-melting $250k - CNET
Roadshow sheds light on the pyrotechnic prototype, which was made from picture frames and trophies.
CNET. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- New Designer To Know: Colette Neyrey, Maison Coco
When Neiman Marcus asked the 51-year old to host a trunk show of her personal antique
jewelry collection it proved to be quite successful.
Forbes. Friday, 21 Feb 2020.
- Human brain seized in mail truck on US-Canada border
The item was in a mail package sent from Canada and labelled "Antique Teaching Specimen".
BBC News. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- Help Find the Owners of More Than 100 Recovered Artworks
Stolen around Los Angeles in 1993, the paintings and antiques
were recently recovered by LAPD when some were brought to an auction house
Smithsonian. Friday, 6 Sep 2019.
Antiques News Headlines and News Summaries