This Antique news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about antiques from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Moment thief crawls along floor of antiques store to steal jewellery
Shocking footage shows a burglar crawling along the floor of an antiques
store before stealing thousands of pounds worth of jewellery during a heist.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Auction platforms bring hammer down on London listing plan
The owner of some of Britain's biggest online auction platforms and the Antiques
Trade Gazette is drawing up plans for a bumper London flotation next year amid a spike in demand during the coronavirus pandemic.
Sky News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Descendant of 17th century spy wins court battle over his antique sword
British writer and historian Rene Greville has won possession of the sword after a protracted legal battle with the owners of Warwick Castle, where it had been displayed for several decades.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- The Coronavirus Continues To Wreak Havoc On Jewelry Trade Fair Schedules
Vicenzaoro was held in September as planned but the pandemic has caused the recent cancelations of The Jewellery Cut Live and the Istanbul Jewelry Show, and led to the dates of the 2021 Original Miami Beach Antique
Show to be moved.
Forbes. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- UK hands over to India statues stolen from Hindu temple in 1978
Britain has returned three antique
bronze sculptures to Indian authorities more than 40 years after they were stolen from a Hindu temple in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- The Latest Rare Bourbon Releases From The Makers Of Pappy Van Winkle Whiskey
A first look at this year's lineup of the Buffalo Trace Antique
Forbes. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
- Coronavirus: When home is both prison and sanctuary
Photographer Jo De Banzie records life during the coronavirus lockdown, using an antique
BBC News. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
- Hard currency: One Washington city prints its own money on wood
During the Great Depression when cash was hard to come by, Tenino printed its own scrip; now, the antique
printing press is working again to produce currency for those hard-hit by the COVID shutdown
CBS News. Sunday, 19 Jul 2020.
- Antique 'vampire slaying kit' includes Bible and crucifixes, slated to go up for auction
wooden box described as a "vampire slaying kit" is slated to go up for auction later this month.
Fox News. Wednesday, 15 Jul 2020.
- Middle East clay antiques seized at Heathrow found to be fake
A haul of clay pots, figurines and tablets seized at Heathrow which appeared to be from the ancient Middle East have been identified as fakes by the British Museum.
Sky News. Tuesday, 5 May 2020.
- Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant could be worth a face-melting $250k - CNET
Roadshow sheds light on the pyrotechnic prototype, which was made from picture frames and trophies.
CNET. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Help Find the Owners of More Than 100 Recovered Artworks
Stolen around Los Angeles in 1993, the paintings and antiques
were recently recovered by LAPD when some were brought to an auction house
Smithsonian. Friday, 6 Sep 2019.
Antiques News Headlines and News Summaries