This Antique news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about antiques from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boris Johnson gives son Wilfred a shoulder ride at father's book launch in London
The event, at Daunt's bookshop in Marylebone last night, was held to promote Stanley Johnson's book From Antique
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- NYC antique dealer admits to selling thousands of fakes out of his store for decades
Mehrdad Sadigh, who has operated Sadigh Gallery in Midtown Manhattan since 1982, admitted to selling thousands of fake artifacts for three decades. 'I was drive by financial greed,' he said.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- JK Rowling table saved from cafe gutted by fire
that sections of the Harry Potter books were written on is now being taken to a restorer.
BBC News. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- Take a ride back in time on the New Hope Valley Railway
Enjoy drinking local craft beer while riding these antique
ABC News. Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021.
- 1stDibs And RH Are Going To Square Off In The Lucrative Market For Antiques
In RH's most recent earnings call, Gary Friedman announced the pending launch of RH Antiques
& Artifacts. RH will be entering a market where 1stDibs has a 21-year running head start.
Forbes. Sunday, 19 Sep 2021.
- Steam machines chug along at this antique museum
From cars, to trains, to popcorn, everything is 'steaming' at the Marshall Steam Museum!
ABC News. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- An antique store like no other
In the heart of New Orleans' French Quarter is a small sign for a store with a big reputation. Owner Bill Rau wants nothing less than for M.S. Rau Antiques
to be the best art, antique
and jewelry gallery in the world. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 22 Aug 2021.
- Man Admits to 1971 Theft of Revolutionary War-Era Rifle
Thomas Gavin, 78, pleaded guilty on Tuesday, acknowledging that he stole the rifle from the Valley Forge visitor center and sold it and at least a dozen other antique
weapons to a dealer.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Tennessee toddler stuck in antique barrel is freed by medical staff using power saws
A Tennessee toddler wound up stuck inside an antique
barrel while visiting his grandparents, requiring a visit to the emergency room to remove him.
Fox News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Man killed after antique cannon exploded at baby shower
A man who was killed when a cannon exploded at a baby shower was within 15 feet of the device, say police.
Sky News. Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021.
- £20,000 watch given as gift by ex-US president stolen in London
A pocket watch worth up to £20,000 that was given as a gift by former US president Woodrow Wilson has been stolen from a London antiques
Sky News. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Only One Factory in North America Still Makes Washboards, and They Are Flying Off of Shelves
Sales of the antique
tools have boosted since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, with people wanting to avoid a trip to the laundromat
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
Antiques News Headlines and News Summaries