This Antique news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about antiques from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man Admits to 1971 Theft of Revolutionary War-Era Rifle
Thomas Gavin, 78, pleaded guilty on Tuesday, acknowledging that he stole the rifle from the Valley Forge visitor center and sold it and at least a dozen other antique
weapons to a dealer.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Could you be holding on to an antique phone worth thousands?
Households with antique
mobile phones hidden away could be sitting on thousands of pounds, new research has revealed.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Brooklyn Boutique Upcycles Antique Linens Into Chic Clothing for Any Occasion
By Liv Handmade recycles antique
linens into sustainable and chic fashion.
ABC News. Saturday, 3 Jul 2021.
- Antique expert reveals what items in your cupboards could be GOLDMINES
Flora King, 39, from London, has revealed her tips for spotting first edition books, and other valuable items to look out for such as toya made by Marklin and Hull & Stafford from the late 1800s.
Daily Mail. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- A washing machine museum
In the shadow of the Colorado Rockies, Steve Hartman found a man with a mountainous dilemma: what to do with his collection of nearly 1,500 antique
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Tennessee toddler stuck in antique barrel is freed by medical staff using power saws
A Tennessee toddler wound up stuck inside an antique
barrel while visiting his grandparents, requiring a visit to the emergency room to remove him.
Fox News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Carol Prisant, Elegant Design Writer, Dies at 82
She was a 51-year old former antiques
dealer with no experience as a writer when she wrote to the editor of The World of Interiors magazine about a job. She was hired.
New York Times. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Hoboken's century-old Antique Bar and Bakery is keeping the fire burning amid the pandemic
New Jersey's century-old Antique
Bar and Bakery is keeping the fire burning amid the pandemic
ABC News. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- In the pandemic, young folks discover antiques for Zoom and nostalgia
Stuck at home and video-conferencing, Gen Z and millennial buyers have turned to antiques
and art to liven up their spaces.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 14 Mar 2021.
- Man killed after antique cannon exploded at baby shower
A man who was killed when a cannon exploded at a baby shower was within 15 feet of the device, say police.
Sky News. Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021.
- £20,000 watch given as gift by ex-US president stolen in London
A pocket watch worth up to £20,000 that was given as a gift by former US president Woodrow Wilson has been stolen from a London antiques
Sky News. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Only One Factory in North America Still Makes Washboards, and They Are Flying Off of Shelves
Sales of the antique
tools have boosted since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, with people wanting to avoid a trip to the laundromat
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
Antiques News Headlines and News Summaries