This Antique news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about antiques from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Invisible ink' on antique Nile papyrus revealed by multiple methods
Researchers studied a small piece of papyrus that was excavated on the island of Elephantine on the River Nile a little over 100 years ago. The team used serval methods including non-destructive techniques at BESSY II.
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Army bomb squad safely detonates antique fire extinguishers in Cramond
Two extinguishers containing detonation charges were found in the attic of an empty house in Edinburgh.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Pictures unveil incredible abandoned 1860s Long Island Farmhouse full of eerie family portraits
Photos reveal incredible Long Island Farmhouse filled with dusty vintage furniture, antique
mannequins and eerie family portraits after the property was abandoned decades ago
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Real-life 'Dirty John' victim has a new antique dealer boyfriend after swearing off online dating
Debra Newell, 64, tells DailyMailTV that she has a new boyfriend. It is her first relationship since her ex John Meehan attacked her daughter, who killed him in self-defense. The story became a Bravo hit.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 25 Jun 2019.
- Congress Is Dysfunctional, So Send in the Cavalry
House Democrats are an alarming admixture of hoary antiques
and feral children.
American Thinker. Saturday, 22 Jun 2019.
- Dimmable Vintage Edison Antique LED Light Bulbs - CNET
Dimmable Vintage Edison Antique
LED Light Bulbs
CNET. Tuesday, 18 Jun 2019.
- Letters from Anne Frank's father to be digitized
dealer and artist who struck up a correspondence with Otto Frank is making a donation to the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C.
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- PAD Paris: Five Jewelry Designers To Watch
Finds from the PAD Paris art and design fair that showcased the best in antique, and 20th and 21st-century design to a knowledgeable crowd of collectors at the weekend, providing a unique perspective on lifestyle and collector design.
Forbes. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- Two Harry Potter Books Worth Nearly $4000 Showed Up on Antiques Roadshow
They both contain long inscriptions from JK Rowling herself.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 23 Jan 2019.
- Antique mall reopens after fire
A popular antique
mall that was partially destroyed by a two-alarm fire is ready to reopen a year later. FOX 10's Ty Brennan has the story.
Fox News. Monday, 4 Jun 2018.
- Camilla Dietz Bergeron, Stockbroker Turned Jeweler, Dies at 76
After a successful career on Wall Street, she became a leading buyer and seller of antique
and estate baubles on Madison Avenue.
New York Times. Tuesday, 29 May 2018.
- Antiques Roadshow makes pier debut in Cromer
It is the first time in the show's 39-year history that it has been filmed on a pier.
BBC News. Thursday, 24 May 2018.
- Kabul Journal: There Are No Chickens on Chicken Street. Now There Are No Customers Either.
The shopping street in Kabul, famous for carpets, antiques
and even leopard pelts, has fallen on hard times because of security worries. Even the touts are scarce.
New York Times. Monday, 23 Apr 2018.
- TEFAF Maastricht 2018: Sparkling High Jewels In A Luxurious Environment
The 2018 edition of the TEFAF Maastricht annual art and antiques
fair will run till March 18 at the MECC exhibition center. ....
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Mar 2018.
News Headlines and News Summaries