This Antique news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about antiques from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Rare and fabulous flying machines of fabric and wood at WAAAM - CNET
The Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum has an incredible collection of airplanes from the first half of the 20th century, and amazingly, almost all still run. Here's a look inside.
CNET. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- WAAAM! These antique aircraft and autos can actually drive and fly - CNET
The incredible Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum museum is packed with amazing early-era vehicles, nearly all in flying or driving condition.
CNET. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- 'Who says crime doesn't pay?': Crowing post of wife of jailed antiques dealer
Lynne Graver posed for the image in Alicante, Spain, just two weeks after Barry Spearing was jailed for six years over a multi-million pound investment scam.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Massachusetts man hospitalized after he opened an antique 'whiskey' bottle filled with rat poison
A Massachusetts man was hospitalized after he opened an antique whiskey bottle filled with rat poison. He closed the bottle without drinking from it after feeling a burning sensation.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- PAD Paris: Five Jewelry Designers To Watch
Finds from the PAD Paris art and design fair that showcased the best in antique, and 20th and 21st-century design to a knowledgeable crowd of collectors at the weekend, providing a unique perspective on lifestyle and collector design.
Forbes. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- Bayernhof, an eccentric millionaire's home-turned-museum
Charles Brown III left behind a mansion that was museum-worthy, from its secret passages to the more than 140 antique music-making machines that turn the 19,000-sq.-ft. Pennsylvania home into a veritable orchestra. Conor Knighton reports.
CBS News. Sunday, 17 Mar 2019.
- Iraqi antique collector turns his house into a museum
There is more than a century of Iraqi history in Sheikh Yousif Akar's house, a modest home in the holy city of Najaf which the retired teacher has crammed full of local antiques collected over 50 years.
Reuters. Monday, 25 Feb 2019.
- 3D virtual slicing of an antique violin reveals ancient varnishing methods
Italian violin-making masters of the distant past developed varnishing techniques that lent their instruments both an excellent musical tone and impressive appearance. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 28 Jan 2019.
- Government to crack down on antique guns due to crime links
Hundreds of antique guns have been seized by police in recent years, with several linked to murders.
BBC News. Sunday, 27 Jan 2019.
- Two Harry Potter Books Worth Nearly $4000 Showed Up on Antiques Roadshow
They both contain long inscriptions from JK Rowling herself.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 23 Jan 2019.
- ASH NYC Lovingly Transforms an Old Church Complex Into a Charming Hotel
Located in NOLA's Marigny neighborhood, Hotel Peter and Paul is filled with Old World antiques and rich color palettes
Yahoo. Tuesday, 25 Dec 2018.
- Discover These Antique and Vintage Dealers and Shops On Instagram
Find the most magical and rare jewels on Instagram and discover the dealers and stores where you can find them.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Dec 2018.
- Sotheby's and Bonhams Bow To Pressure, Ban The Sale of Rhino Horn Artifacts
Both companies announced they are canceling separate auctions featuring antique carvings made of the endangered species' horns. The sales would have taken place in Hong Kong this week.
NPR. Monday, 26 Nov 2018.
- Middle East Looters Turn to Spirit Possession to Find Gold Treasure
As "antique" gold coins from the Middle East pour into the United States, some looters are turning to spirits called "jinn" in their hunt for gold treasure.
Fox News. Thursday, 22 Nov 2018.
- A Model T, Abandoned as Paradise Burned, Emerges With Barely a Scratch
The antique car stands out like a museum piece in a vast landscape of destruction. But that is little comfort to its owner, who lost his home and his town to the flames.
New York Times. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
Antique keys on a key ring
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries