This Antique news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about antiques from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- A washing machine museum
In the shadow of the Colorado Rockies, Steve Hartman found a man with a mountainous dilemma: what to do with his collection of nearly 1,500 antique
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Tennessee toddler stuck in antique barrel is freed by medical staff using power saws
A Tennessee toddler wound up stuck inside an antique
barrel while visiting his grandparents, requiring a visit to the emergency room to remove him.
Fox News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Antiques? Vintage? Know where to look and you'll unearth treasures
The joy of tracking down a unique gem,offers plenty of incentive to go vintage. Factor in the sustainability of shopping for pre-used items and it's easy to see why so many of us have a passion for older pieces.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Carol Prisant, Elegant Design Writer, Dies at 82
She was a 51-year old former antiques
dealer with no experience as a writer when she wrote to the editor of The World of Interiors magazine about a job. She was hired.
New York Times. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- SARAH RAINEY sent some of her store cupboard antiques for analysis
A recent report found the nation's biggest supermarkets throw away 190 million perfectly edible meals a year. Sarah Rainey sent her expired food to a laboratory to find out how edible it was.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- Hoboken's century-old Antique Bar and Bakery is keeping the fire burning amid the pandemic
New Jersey's century-old Antique
Bar and Bakery is keeping the fire burning amid the pandemic
ABC News. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- In the pandemic, young folks discover antiques for Zoom and nostalgia
Stuck at home and video-conferencing, Gen Z and millennial buyers have turned to antiques
and art to liven up their spaces.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 14 Mar 2021.
- A Pandemic-Driven Love Affair With All Things Vintage
A new generation of homebound shoppers is developing a hunger for antiques
and other hard-to-find items online and on Instagram.
New York Times. Friday, 5 Mar 2021.
- Vintage, antique goods store Capucine promotes sustainability in Bucktown neighborhood
While many businesses were forced to close during the COVID-19 pandemic, Capucine opened up as a vintage store.
ABC News. Sunday, 28 Feb 2021.
- Man killed after antique cannon exploded at baby shower
A man who was killed when a cannon exploded at a baby shower was within 15 feet of the device, say police.
Sky News. Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021.
- Man buys hoarder's old house, discovering cash, silver dollars and valuables
store owner in Canada discovered that a hoarder was hiding a literal fortune in their home.
Fox News. Wednesday, 3 Feb 2021.
- REPORT: Grenade Purchased At Antique Mall Explodes And Kills Owner, Cops Searching For Others
Neither the vendor nor the buyer thought they were functioning or dangerous.
Daily Caller. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- £20,000 watch given as gift by ex-US president stolen in London
A pocket watch worth up to £20,000 that was given as a gift by former US president Woodrow Wilson has been stolen from a London antiques
Sky News. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Only One Factory in North America Still Makes Washboards, and They Are Flying Off of Shelves
Sales of the antique
tools have boosted since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, with people wanting to avoid a trip to the laundromat
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant could be worth a face-melting $250k - CNET
Roadshow sheds light on the pyrotechnic prototype, which was made from picture frames and trophies.
CNET. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
Antiques News Headlines and News Summaries