This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- M23 and section of M25 are closed both ways after motorcyclist is killed in horror smash
Three cars and a motorcycle were involved in a crash at 2pm between J8 and J9 today. A motorcyclist died at the scene despite the efforts of paramedics and air ambulance
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Air ambulance laser attack condemned
Wiltshire Air Ambulance
said it was hugely irresponsible and risked the lives of crew and patients.
BBC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Man steals ambulance from River North then steals 2nd vehicle, Chicago police say
A man stole an ambulance
in River North Saturday, Chicago police said.
ABC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Why taking an ambulance is so expensive in the United States
It's an open secret in America that calling for an ambulance
can be a financial gamble due to the likelihood of receiving a surprise bill. ...
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Prisoners admit killing child abduction suspect Darren Brownlie
Darren Brownlie, 47, was attacked in his cell at Low Moss Prison then waited almost five hours for an ambulance.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- A woman dies and race is on to rescue any others trapped as 65-foot crane COLLAPSES in London
Service confirmed that one person died at the scene, while another is still believed to be unaccounted for at the terraced houses in Bow, east London.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- One dead after crane collapses on houses in London
One person has died after a crane collapsed on houses in east London, the London Ambulance
Service has said.
Sky News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Think Of Protected Cycleways As Priority Lanes For Ambulances
Cycleways don't cause congestion, cars and trucks cause congestion. Cycleways can be used as emergency lanes for ambulances.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Researchers develop low-cost, easy-to-use emergency ventilator for COVID-19 patients
A team of engineers and physicians has developed a low-cost, easy-to-use emergency ventilator for COVID-19 patients that is built around a ventilator bag usually found in ambulances.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Comedian DL Hughley hospitalized after collapsing during performance in Nashville
The actor was stretchered out into an ambulance
and held overnight in hospital.
Fox News. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Nelson Cruz and the incredible gifts he's bestowed on his Dominican Republic hometown
First he delivered a firetruck. Then an ambulance
and medical care and baseball gear and supplies. Nelson Cruz, a finalist for the Muhammad Ali Sports Humanitarian Award at The ESPYS, has made giving a way of life.
ESPN. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Shots fired at police in Bronzeville near 50th, Vincennes; officer injured
Witness video appears to show the officer limping to an ambulance
after being hit by gunfire in the city's Bronzeville neighborhood.
ABC News. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Israel's Bezeq to convert pay phones into defibrillator stations
Israel's main phone company said on Wednesday it would collaborate with the country's ambulance
service in replacing thousands of public phone booths with defibrillator stations.
Reuters. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Turkish soldier killed, two wounded in Syria's Idlib, defence ministry says
One Turkish soldier was killed and two were wounded in the northwestern Syrian region of Idlib on Friday in an attack on an armoured ambulance, Turkey's Defence Ministry said.
Reuters. Friday, 5 Jun 2020.
- Prince William allows air ambulances to land at Kensington Palace amid the coronavirus pandemic
Kensington Palace, the London home of Prince William and his family, has a special purpose during the coronavirus pandemic.
Fox News. Tuesday, 5 May 2020.
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries