This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Knife crime: St John Ambulance to teach teens to help stab victims
In a new scheme, St John Ambulance
will teach children as young as 14 how to treat a stab wound.
BBC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Man quits his job and moves into an old AMBULANCE
Former marketing manager Benjamin Harris, from Montana, purchased a 23ft-long ambulance
in 2019, and hit the road that same year after converting the vehicle into a home.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Killer jailed after concealing victim's body in suitcases
Gareeca Gordon stabbed Phoenix Netts four times in her room but did not call for an ambulance.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Nigel Farage blasts 'insane' cycle lanes in London
Nigel Farage shared a clip taken outside University College Hospital in central London where an ambulance
is seen trapped in traffic while an adjacent cycle lane stands completely empty.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Israeli medic: Nearly 40 people killed in stampede at religious festival
The director of an Israeli ambulance
service has confirmed that nearly 40 people died in a stampede at a religious festival in northern Israel.
ABC News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Woman credits Fitbit with saving her life
A Connecticut woman says her fitness tracker saved her life. After Patricia Lauder noticed her resting heart rate was climbing higher and higher each day on her Fitbit, she called an ambulance. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Stroke ambulances dramatically cut treatment time
A study found special mobile units cut treatment time for stroke victims from 94 to 56 minutes. These vehicles are being rolled out across the country. Dr. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Ambulance worker dies after object strikes windscreen during response to 999 call
technician has died after an object struck the vehicle's windscreen while responding to a 999 call in Herefordshire.
Sky News. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Ambulance worker killed after object hit windscreen had 'retired and returned'
technician who died after an object struck his vehicle's windscreen on the way to a 999 call had "retired and returned" to help with the COVID-19 response.
Sky News. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- 'No place for you': Indian hospitals buckle amid virus surge
NEW DELHI (AP) - Seema Gandotra, sick with the coronavirus, gasped for breath in an ambulance
for 10 hours, as it tried unsuccessfully at six hospitals in India's sprawling capital to find an open bed. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- FL woman claiming she's Harry Potter kills NY federal judge, seriously injures boy, 6, in hit-and-run
Police say that in the ambulance, the driver began screaming and fighting with medics while yelling she is Harry Potter.
ABC News. Sunday, 11 Apr 2021.
- NYC ambulance crash leaves 9 injured, 1 critically: video
Surveillance video shows a car striking an ambulance
in Brooklyn on Sunday, leaving nine people injured, one critically, officials said.
Fox News. Monday, 5 Apr 2021.
- GE Healthcare launches new wireless hand-held ultrasound as CEO eyes growing market
According to the 510(k) clearance from the FDA, the Vscan Air can also be deployed in a home environment and in road and air ambulances.
CNBC. Tuesday, 16 Mar 2021.
- Connecticut ambulance worker busted in string of Molotov cocktail attacks at EMS facilities, firehouse: police
A Connecticut ambulance
worker has been arrested in connection with a string of at least four Molotov cocktail incidents in a matter of only hours at EMS facilities and a resident in various parts of the state, police said.
Fox News. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
- Pop-Up Cycleways And Low Traffic Neighborhoods Not Delaying Ambulances, Say NHS Trusts
A Freedom of Information (FOI) investigation by Cycling UK of all NHS ambulance
trusts in England, Scotland and Wales found that none of them were opposed to the new pop-up cycleways installed during the COVID-19 lockdown last year.
Forbes. Friday, 12 Feb 2021.
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries