This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- American youth to the rescue
In rural Sackets Harbor, N.Y., where COVID-19 affected the local volunteer ambulance
service's ability to respond to calls, local high school students took the required training and picked up the slack. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Fundraiser, 83, buys then delivers ambulances across Europe
John Shackleton, who has been fundraising for more than 30 years, says his age won't stop him.
BBC News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- The Countess of Wessex celebrates her 57th birthday by volunteering at an NHS vaccination centre
The Countess of Wessex who turned 57 today, spent her birthday volunteering at an NHS vaccination centre in Surrey as part of her work as the Grand President of St John Ambulance.
Daily Mail. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Inside the eerie village on the frontline of Ukraine's conflict with Russia
A battered army ambulance
pulls up in the freezing, snowy yard of a long-since abandoned factory in eastern Ukraine that is now the headquarters of the army's 24th battalion.
Sky News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Yorkshire heart attack patient urged to take lift to York hospital
Graham Reagan says the ambulance
service urged him to get a lift to hospital or face a long wait.
BBC News. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Ambulance Service reveals the most ridiculous 999 calls it received in 2021
The Welsh Ambulance
Service said of the 470,653 incidents recorded by the service in the last 12 months, nearly a quarter were non-essential, including someone with diarrhoea.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 Jan 2022.
- Newly qualified paramedic killed in crash with cement lorry named as Alice Clark
A newly qualified paramedic who died after her ambulance
collided with a cement lorry has been named as Alice Clark.
Sky News. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Orange County hospitals filling up, ambulances delayed amid Omicron surge
are waiting longer to offload patients in Orange County, echoing a similar problem in L.A. County as coronavirus infections increase.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Dyer woman arrested after ambulance stolen from Gary hospital found in Griffith: police
Staff from Elite Medical Transportation said they arrived at the hospital to transport a patient, and when they returned to the ambulance
with the patient, the ambulance
ABC News. Sunday, 2 Jan 2022.
- U.K. System Strained as Health Care Workers Get Covid Themselves
Hospitals, clinics and ambulance
services say infections are winnowing their staffs, straining a system already taxed by nearly two years of dealing with the pandemic.
New York Times. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- Blackhawks' Khaira stretchered off after scary hit
The Blackhawks said Jujhar Khaira suffered an "upper-body blow'' and was taken by ambulance
to a local hospital for further testing.
ESPN. Tuesday, 7 Dec 2021.
- 49ers' Trenton Cannon taken off the field in ambulance after injury on opening kickoff
San Francisco 49ers running back Trenton Cannon was involved in a scary incident on Sunday during a game against the Seattle Seahawks.
Fox News. Sunday, 5 Dec 2021.
- 7 Harvard food, beverage plant workers hospitalized after acid spill reported in McHenry County
Multiple fire departments and ambulances
from surrounding suburbs assisted at the scene after workers began feeling sick.
ABC News. Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021.
- Patient hijacks ambulance in Southern California
Incident started in Lake Elsinore and headed north on Interstate 15 until it finally came to an end in Hesperia
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- Officers Find Ambulance Turned Over In A Ditch. Driver Charged In Deadly Crash, Fleeing Scene
"McCorvey failed to maintain his lane and traveled off the shoulder," officials said.
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021.
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries