This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Please don't shoot my son': Man killed by police needed mental health help, family says
His relatives said they called 911 requesting an ambulance
and hoped he could receive medical intervention. But police arrived first.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Ambulance patient died because a paramedic fell asleep behind the wheel
Matthew James McLean has gone on trial in the South Australian District Court after pleading not guilty to one count of causing death by dangerous driving and two counts of causing harm.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Clashes in Philadelphia over black man shot dead by police 'after family had called for ambulance'
A second night of unrest has unfolded in Philadelphia after a black man was shot dead by police officers.
Sky News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus: Antrim Hospital 'beyond capacity' amid Covid surge
service and Southern Heath Trust also warn they are "extremely busy".
BBC News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Woman gives birth safely after being hit by car driven by man in 90s
The woman, who was in the late stages of pregnancy, was taken by air ambulance
to Royal Stoke University Hospital, where she safely had her baby delivered.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Joan Hocquard: Oldest person in Britain dies aged 112
Joan Hocquard, who drove ambulances
during World War Two, died at her home on Saturday.
BBC News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Dying elderly woman 'burgled in her home by pair who pretended to call ambulance to help'
An elderly woman was burgled while she was dying in her bed by people who pretended they were calling an ambulance, police say.
Sky News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- 2020 Hess holiday truck honors first responders
The first Hess ambulance
was designed before the coronavirus pandemic, but the company is using it to salute first responders.
Fox News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Man who hung off side of Trump Tower Chicago for 14 hours escaped from private ambulance, police say
A man who on Sunday evening suspended himself from the side of Trump Tower in Chicago, sparking a 14-hour standoff with a SWAT team, has escaped from a private ambulance, police told Fox News on Tuesday.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Federal appeals court upholds Kentucky abortion law
A federal appeals court has upheld a decades-old Kentucky law requiring abortion clinics to have written agreements with a hospital and an ambulance
service in case of medical emergencies. The 2-1 decision by the 6th U.S. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Some Kansas City hospitals forced to turn away ambulances as COVID-19 cases jump
COVID-19 hospitalizations were up 10% across the Kansas City region this week.
ABC News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- A $52,112 Air Ambulance Ride: Coronavirus Patients Battle Surprise Bills
Congress was close to a solution before getting hit with millions of dollars of ads from private-equity firms. Then the pandemic struck.
New York Times. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- U.K. Ambulance Services Are Testing a Rescue Jet Suit
Gravity Industries' suit could quickly get a medic to a remote casualty site.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- 'So many bodies,' says ambulance driver as India struggles to stem COVID-19 deaths
India is seeing new coronavirus cases and deaths daily, but businesses have begun to reopen.
ABC News. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Speeding Fire Truck Hits Ambulance, Killing Patient
A ladder truck rushing to a fire slammed into an ambulance
carrying a man who had suffered a heart attack, killing him and injuring 11 others.
New York Times. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries