This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Volunteer ambulance service driver gets parking fine for picking up a patient at an NHS hospital
Julie Hyde, 62, from Allenby in West Cumbria, parked her Volkswagen Tiguan in a reserved bay at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle after checking with reception staff she was allowed to do so.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- FAA investigating former air ambulance pilot who allegedly fell asleep at controls
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating an incident in which an air ambulance
pilot allegedly fell asleep at the controls.
ABC News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- NI ambulance crew shortage expected for third night
The Northern Ireland Ambulance
Service's medical director says about 20 crews are unavailable.
BBC News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- NI ambulance crew shortage: ROI ambulance crew drafted in
It follows an appeal from the NI Ambulance
Service for staff to come in to work over the weekend.
BBC News. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- US experts blame nuclear-powered cruise missile for mystery explosion
Victims of the explosion were brought to Moscow in ambulances
in which paramedics wore chemical protection suits and the backs of the vehicles appeared to be wrapped in a protective film (pictured).
Daily Mail. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- Transport by mobile stroke units get patients quicker treatment than ambulance
Every second counts for stroke patients, as studies show they can lose up to 27 million brain cells per minute. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Four dead, including suspected gunman, in shooting at California garlic festival
Police and ambulances
raced to a shooting at a food festival in California on Sunday, and video posted on social media showed people at the event running for cover as shots rang out.
CNBC. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Psychiatric Patient Steals Ambulance To Hit Up KFC And Get Cigarettes
He will be charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle
Daily Caller. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- 3-Week-Old Air-Lifted, Father Accused of Injury to a Child
The 21-year-old father of an infant is behind bars, accused of injury to a child after his 3-week-old baby was taken by air ambulance
to a Dallas-area hospital Saturday. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News / NCSO
NBC. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Three Injured in Shooting in Fort Worth
Three people were injured in a shooting in Fort Worth Wednesday afternoon, according to MedStar Ambulance. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- Boston EMT brutally stabbed by patient in ambulance: police
A Boston first responder underwent emergency surgery Wednesday after being stabbed multiple times by a patient she was treating in the back of an ambulance
while en route to the hospital, officials said.
Fox News. Thursday, 11 Jul 2019.
- Air ambulance charges study could boost Senate surprise bill legislation
Median charges for air ambulance
services compared to Medicare rates soared by 46% to 61% from 2012 to 2016.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 1 Jul 2019.
- Study: Unnecessary Ambulance Calls in NYC Spiked After Obamacare
Use of ambulances
for non-emergency situations soared in New York City after the Affordable Care Act (ACA), a new study finds.
Newsmax. Monday, 1 Jul 2019.
- Medically unnecessary ambulance rides soar after ACA expansion
A researcher discovered that medically unnecessary ambulance
rides have drastically increased due to the expansion of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). ...
Science Daily. Friday, 28 Jun 2019.
- Greece: Migrants found in fake ambulance driven by 'doctor'
THESSALONIKI, Greece (AP) - Police in northern Greece have foiled an illegal immigration racket that used a fake ambulance
- driven by an ersatz doctor - to smuggle migrants from the Turkish border to the port city of Thessaloniki. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 28 Jun 2019.
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries