This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tell us about your experience with New York hospitals.
Do you work in a New York hospital? Are you an ambulance
worker? Please help us report our next story.
New York Times. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- East of England Ambulance Service close to declaring major incident
service says it is on the brink of a major incident due to hospital handover delays.
BBC News. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Couple who gave up their homes to live in an AMBULANCE together open up about how they saved $30K
After spending years struggling to make ends meet, Raychel and her husband Nick, from Canada, said goodbye to the life they knew and move into a used ambulance.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Family gets reprieve from $2,700 ambulance bill after report spotlights the charges
After a car wreck, Peggy Dula was charged far more than her two siblings who were transported to the same hospital.
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Wales Air Ambulance: Call to release data on Powys closure
Montgomeryshire Senedd member Russell George wants to see the information analysed independently.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Shop around for a new GP, Health Secretary Therese Coffey says
Tasked with averting an NHS meltdown this winter, the Health Secretary unveiled an 'ABCD' strategy to fix crises affecting ambulances, backlogs, care homes, doctors and dentists.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- EMT charged with exposing semi-conscious woman's breasts, taking photos in back of ambulance: police
Police are investigating an alleged assault that happened while a woman was being transported to a hospital in the back of an ambulance.
ABC News. Monday, 29 Aug 2022.
- Woman angrily confronts health secretary over 'people dying' due to ambulance waits
An angry member of the public has confronted Health Secretary Steve Barclay in the street, demanding to know why the government has done "bugger all" about lengthy waits for ambulances.
Sky News. Thursday, 25 Aug 2022.
- Ambulance fire at Hawaii hospital kills patient, leaves EMT critically hurt
A hospital official said the ambulance
may also have exploded. "It's a very, very difficult night for us tonight," he said, choking up.
CBS News. Thursday, 25 Aug 2022.
- Family of 87-year-old man forced to build him shelter out of football goal after 15-hour ambulance wait
The family of an 87-year-old man were forced to build a makeshift shelter around him using a football goal after he was left waiting 15 hours in the rain for an ambulance.
Sky News. Friday, 19 Aug 2022.
- Party bus Chicago crash: IN man damaged 18 vehicles, including ambulance, authorities say
Prosecutors said the damage amount was in the thousands from the incident.
ABC News. Monday, 8 Aug 2022.
- Ukrainian First Lady Raises $5.4 Million for New Ambulances
Olena Zelenska has recently become more visible in advocating for humanitarian causes.
New York Times. Friday, 5 Aug 2022.
- Pennsylvania 911 operator who refused to send ambulance charged in 2020 death
A 911 operator in Pennsylvania was charged with manslaughter after refusing to send an ambulance
to the home where a woman later died of internal bleeding.
Fox News. Monday, 11 Jul 2022.
- Detained Russian Hockey Star Fedotov Reportedly Hospitalized
Russian ice hockey goalkeeper Ivan Fedotov was taken by ambulance
from the St. Petersburg military commissariat during the night of July 1-2 and hospitalized, Russian media reported.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 1 Jul 2022.
- Mississippi ex-paramedic sentenced for sexually assaulting patients in ambulance
An ex-Mississippi paramedic has been sentenced to 40 years in prison without parole. The man plead guilty to sexually assaulting patients in ambulances.
Fox News. Tuesday, 21 Jun 2022.
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries