This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Suburban ambulance companies struggle to stay afloat
BERWYN, Pa. (AP) - Keith Johnson could tell story after story about the vitriol he's faced as EMS chief of Malvern Fire Company. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- G4S ambulance crew 'recorded themselves saying they could 'beat the f*** out of' a patient'
The driver and crew member had the conversation while unknowingly leaving the Kent mental health patient a voicemail message before taking him to hospital in Ashford.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Some hospitals turn away ambulances when the patients are more likely to be poor, study finds
A study found private hospitals are more likely to turn away ambulances when a public hospital is on diversion.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Medical Calls to Dallas 911 May Not Get Ambulances
Calls for medical help to Dallas 911 this summer may not get ambulance response in a new test to save ambulances for the most serious medical emergencies. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- City centre building collapses in 'major incident' with one seriously injured
Authorities were called to the city's Jewellery Quarter just before 6pm on Wednesday and pictures showed ambulance crews gathering outside a Victorian building.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Woman injured during Six Harbours charity walk
A coastguard helicopter took the woman to a waiting ambulance after she fell during the event in Moray.
BBC News. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Four injured after lightning hits Acropolis Hill area in Athens
Four people were injured after lightning struck the Acropolis Hill area in Athens on Wednesday, an ambulance service official said.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Red Cross resumes service after kidnapping in central Mexico
The Mexican Red Cross briefly shuttered operations in the central city of Salamanca after a man wounded by gunfire was pulled from one of its ambulances by gunmen over the weekend.
Fox News. Monday, 15 Apr 2019.
- The man behind Somalia's only free ambulance service
Aamin Ambulance service has become well known for being the first on the scene after a militant attack.
BBC News. Sunday, 14 Apr 2019.
- Kentucky county to pay $253K over claims of false billing
A Kentucky county has agreed to pay nearly $254,000 to the federal government over allegations that its ambulance service submitted more than 1,000 fake reimbursement claims to Medicare and Medicaid
ABC News. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
- When a Ferrari 488 Spider Becomes an Ambulance
A crosstown adventure featuring a friend with peanut (and Ferrari) envy.
Yahoo. Saturday, 6 Apr 2019.
- Family left with unexpected $40,000 air ambulance bill
Lawmakers planned a crack down Tuesday on surprise medical bills for services outside patient insurance networks. That includes air ambulance costs, which can cost thousands of dollars. Mireya Villarreal shares one family's story.
CBS News. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
- Family left with $40,000 bill for son's air ambulance
When Joseph Penrod's son accidentally swallowed prescription pills, he was airlifted to a better hospital
CBS News. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
- Flight company ends search for Alaska plane crash victims
The owners of an air ambulance that crashed in Alaska have ended a private search for the three employees on board
ABC News. Thursday, 28 Mar 2019.
- Palestinian killed in West Bank by Israeli gunfire: Palestinian medics
A Palestinian was shot and killed in the occupied West Bank on Wednesday by what a Palestinian ambulance service said was Israeli army gunfire.
Reuters. Wednesday, 20 Mar 2019.
Ambulance ready for an emergency call
Related Directory Page(s)
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries