This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Van alive! Friends buy clapped-out old ambulances on eBay
Amy Boughton, 25, and James Jackson, 32, bought the vehicles on eBay from the Boston Ambulance
Service in Lincolnshire.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Matt Hancock infuriates SNP by using Covid press conference to take dig at independence referendum
Speaking at this evening's Downing Street briefing, the Health Secretary said Scotland's ambulance
service was assisted by other nations in the UK over the weekend.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- In ambulances, an unseen, unwelcome passenger: COVID-19
For EMTs Thomas Hoang and Joshua Hammond, the coronavirus is constantly close. COVID-19 has become their biggest fear during 24-hour shifts in California's Orange County, riding with them from 911 call to 911 call, from patient to patient.
Fox News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Islington stabbing: Teenager dies, man arrested
The teenage boy dies on a street in Islington despite aid from paramedics and the air ambulance.
BBC News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- The Reason Service Vehicles Like Ambulances and Fire Trucks Have Chains Hanging From the Bottom
Like a cat on a perch, the chains on school buses and ambulances
seem to dangle with no apparent purpose. Their true mission is actually pretty clever.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Paralysed ambulance call handler walks for 'NHS heroes'
An emergency call handler paralysed below the waist walks one mile to raise funds for the NHS.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- 'We need as many ambulances as you've got' - inquiry hears police calls after arena bomb
Police calls from inside the foyer of the Manchester Arena where the bomb went off have been played to the inquiry as officers identified the suicide bomber and requested as many ambulances
Sky News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Paramedics at 'breaking point' as patients 'dying waiting for ambulances' - survey
Three out of four paramedics say they are at "breaking point" as they describe how patients are dying while waiting for ambulances, a new study suggests.
Sky News. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Los Angeles County ambulance crews told not to transport some patients with low chance of survival
There are now more than 7,600 people hospitalized with COVID-19 in the county, 21% of whom are in the ICU, officials said
ABC News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Ambulances In LA Ordered Not To Transport Patients With Slim Survival Chances
'[H]aving to make very tough decisions about patient care'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- L.A. EMS workers told not to transport patients who likely won't survive
The agency also issued a directive directing ambulance
crews to administer less oxygen.
CBS News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Los Angeles Ambulances Instructed To Leave Patients With Little Chance Of Survival
There are only 17 ICU beds left in the entire county.
Forbes. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Paramedics under 'extreme stress' as toll of Covid pandemic climbs, ambulance company CEOs say
"This coronavirus has just been very difficult for us because we don't really know when it's going to end," Acadian Companies CEO Richard Zuschlag told CNBC.
CNBC. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- El Paso hospitals forced to send patients to other parts of the state
AirMed International, an air ambulance
airline, says 50% of its flights this past month have been coronavirus-related as the city of El Paso, Texas struggles with surging cases. Omar Villafranca reports.
CBS News. Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020.
- As coronavirus spikes, Europe runs low on ICU beds, hospital staff
In Italy lines of ambulances
park outside hospitals awaiting beds, and in France the government coronavirus tracking app prominently displays the intensive care capacity taken up by COVID-19 patients: 92.5% and rising. ...
Fox News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries