This Airport news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about airports from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ryanair flight diverted after 'bomb note' found in toilet
The Ryanair flight was switched to Stansted Airport
where police are carrying out checks.
BBC News. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Alaska Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Seattle after passenger threatens to kill everyone
Alaska Airlines Flight 422 returned to Seattle-Tacoma Airport
in Washington after the 'belligerent' passenger yelled 'die in the name of Jesus' on Saturday's flight to Chicago, Illinois.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Ericsson to Deploy Private Mobile Network in Paris Airports
The deal is likely to enable Paris airports
to scale up traditional wireless networks, leveraging the technological prowess of Ericsson (ERIC).
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Virus quarantine blamed for 7% hit to Heathrow passengers
says government quarantine measures aimed at curbing imported coronavirus cases resulted in a 7% hit to passenger numbers last month.
Sky News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Heathrow bosses CLOSE runway after airport suffers collapse in air traffic due to coronavirus crisis
London Heathrow airport
closed one of its two runways at midnight yesterday. The decision comes a few days before the airport's appeal for a third runway is reviewed by the Supreme Court.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Travel company TUI cancels summer flights out of Aberdeen
The operator said it would be focusing on flying from its largest UK airports
in the coming months.
BBC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Lone Rock airport battles repeated flooding, now pandemic
LONE ROCK, Wis. (AP) - Marc Higgs remembers when this flat stretch of earth bounded by the Wisconsin River to the south and the unglaciated bluffs to the north was essentially a desert, complete with prickly pear cactus. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- 4 Flight Attendants Evaluated At BWI After Spirit Airlines Flight Reports Medical Emergency
Four flight attendants were evaluated at Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshal Airport
Friday morning after a Spirit Airlines flight reported a medical emergency. Katie Johnston reports.
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Lush gardens. A waterfall. An airport built to awe in Singapore is quieted by COVID-19
Coronavirus health and safety requirements could change the appeal of an airport
that even locals visited on their days off. The pressure is felt across Asia, which had been the site of an airport
expansion boom prior to the pandemic.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- UN Investigator: Drone Killing of Top Iranian General Unlawful
Targeted killing of Qassem Soleimani by US in drone strike January 3 at Baghdad International Airport
is violation under international law, according to UN report.
Voice of America. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- JetBlue to leave Long Beach Airport, will move to LAX
JetBlue will relocate its Southern California hub to LAX in an effort to expand service and stay competitive, especially amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- XpresSpa Says That New Covid-19 Testing Service May Have A Limited Rollout
The specialist airport
spa retailer is being cautious about where its newly-created XpresCheck brand might go next.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- The Big Spy Swap: The U.S.-Russia Secret Agent Exchange 10 Years Ago
Ten years ago, the United States and Russia carried out their biggest spy swap since the end of the Cold War. The exchange happened on July 9, 2010, in broad daylight on the tarmac of Vienna International Airport.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- NYC man who allegedly smuggled Egyptian artifacts through JFK airport in suitcases is indicted
A New York City man is charged with smuggling Egyptian cultural artifacts through John F. Kennedy International Airport, prosecutors announced on Monday.
Fox News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Delta flight makes emergency landing in NYC with mysterious front-end damage
A Delta Airlines plane bound for New York's LaGuardia Airport
was diverted after a reported problem with its navigation equipment.
ABC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
Airports News Headlines and News Summaries