This Airport news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about airports from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Passengers heading to Heathrow Airport face traffic chaos after road tunnel closed due to gas leak
Passengers heading to Heathrow face traffic chaos after a tunnel to Terminals 2 and 3 partially closed to investigate a gas leak. Emergency services rushed to the scene after a gas alarm was triggered.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- 3 Good Things: Pay transparency, an amusing airport and fetal food preferences
Some good news about closing the pay gap, improving future layovers and getting to know 100 fetuses.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Skydiver dies after "parachute malfunction" in Florida
The man was found dead at DeLand Municipal Airport, near Daytona Beach, following the apparent accident on Monday.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Brittney Griner's appeal against nine-year prison sentence to be heard October 25 by Moscow court
Griner was arrested at a Moscow airport
in February after cannabis-infused vape cartridges were found in her luggage. She pleaded guilty to the charges but said she had made an 'honest mistake'.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- United Airlines Suspends Service at JFK Airport
The airline is seeking more flight slots at the New York-based hub in order to keep up with the competition.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- United to suspend flights at John F. Kennedy International Airport
Airline says its current schedule of four flights a day out of JFK left it "too-small-to-be-competitive."
CBS News. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Chicago-based United Airlines suspends service to New York's JFK Airport
Chicago-based United told the FAA earlier this month that if they aren't able to expand, it doesn't make sense for them to operate out of the airport.
ABC News. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Aurora, Colorado police shoot and kill robbery suspect near Denver airport
Aurora police fatally shot a male robbery suspect they said threatened them with a gun, following a vehicle chase that ended by Denver International Airport
ABC News. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- Metrorail announces further delays to reopening of Blue and Yellow Line stations in Virginia
The six Blue and Yellow Line Metrorail stations south of the Reagan National Airport
station will be closed an extra two weeks, now reopening Nov. 6 instead of Oct. 23, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority announced Friday.
Washington Times. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- United Airlines to End Service at J.F.K. Airport
The airline said it was too small to compete at the airport
and would cease flights there at the end of October.
New York Times. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Heathrow Airport: Two planes in minor collision
The incident involving an Icelandair and Korean Air aircraft is being investigated.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- DFW Airport Passengers See Flight Disruptions From Hurricane Ian
With clear skies over North Texas, some passengers at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
had no intentions of being stuck on the ground Wednesday.
NBC. Wednesday, Sep 28 2022.
- Florida Airports Plan Closures As Hurricane Ian Approaches
Planes were being moved, runways closed and flights canceled as airports
prepared for the storm.
New York Times. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Orlando, Tampa airports suspending operations ahead of Hurricane Ian
Major Florida airports
on Tuesday prepared to halt flights ahead of Hurricane Ian's expected landfall overnight.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Hundreds of Southwest Flight Attendants Picket Airline
Hundreds of Southwest Airlines flight attendants are picketing the airline at ten of the major airports
it services around the country on Tuesday.
NBC. Tuesday, Sep 27 2022.
Airports News Headlines and News Summaries