This Airport news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about airports from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Airports could close after decision to suspend all of Britain's quarantine-free travel corridors
Airlines were this weekend believed to be drawing up plans to further slash the number of flights they operate, with announcements expected in the coming days.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Hundreds of people are evacuated from Germany's Frankfurt International Airport
The 38-year-old man, from Slovenia, acted aggressively towards police at Frankfurt International Airport
when police approached him for not wearing a face mask at around 5.16pm today.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Airports could close temporarily as they reach 'near-complete shutdown'
The travel industry is pleading for more support as the latest coronavirus restrictions left the UK's airports
at "near-complete shutdown", with warnings they may have to close temporarily.
Sky News. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Major airlines banning guns in checked bags to D.C. airports
FAA Administrator cites recent disturbances on planes, noting "a trend after the breach of the Capitol last week."
CBS News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Authorities seize 723 pounds of cocaine at Miami-area airport
Federal authorities seized over 700 pounds of cocaine packed in nearly 300 bricks off a private plane at an airport
in the Miami area on Tuesday night.
Fox News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Disneyland as a Vaccination Site? Airports as Test Centers? The Travel Industry Pitches In
Devastated by the pandemic, many travel companies have become part of an ad hoc relief effort.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- American Airlines relocates crews, halts alcohol service on DC flights before Biden inauguration
American Airlines is beefing up security measures ahead of Inauguration Day, increasing staffing in Washington, D.C., and relocating crews to hotels closer to airports.
Fox News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Eight Unusual Covid-19 Vaccination Sites Around the World
From Disneyland to a Singapore airport, these are some of the surprising places being used as immunization centers
Smithsonian. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Struggling Norwegian slims down with the loss of 1,100 Gatwick jobs
Norwegian, the struggling European airline that offered cut-price transatlantic flights, is to cut the routes resulting in the loss of 1,100 jobs at Gatwick Airport.
Sky News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Airlines, airports beef up security ahead of Biden inauguration
Airlines are moving crews to airport
hotels and increasing staffing ahead of the Biden inauguration.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- At Washington Airports and Hotels: Anxiety and Tightened Security
Following the Jan. 6 riot in the U.S. capital, the travel industry is taking precautions to keep workers and others safe.
New York Times. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Sonic boom heard over eastern England as RAF escorts civilian aircraft
A Typhoon aircraft "safely escorts" a civilian aircraft to Stansted Airport, an RAF spokesman says.
BBC News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Airport officials: Egypt reopens airspace to Qatar flights
- Niche growers supply high-end marijuana market in Arizona
PHOENIX (AP) - Inside a nondescript block building near Sky Harbor International Airport
in Phoenix, workers pack hundreds of vacuum-sealed glass jars with high-end marijuana. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- What You Need To Know About New COVID-19 Testing At Toronto Pearson Airport
The Ontario, Canada government announces new Covid-19 border testing pilot program at Toronto Pearson airport.
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
Airports News Headlines and News Summaries