This Airline news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about airlines from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How American Airlines And Qatar Airways Swerved From Bitter Enemies To Best Friends
and Qatar Airways have become positively chummy after years of mutual enmity. They now code share on more than 1,600 flights.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Rush to reach Britain: Families divided by Covid look to reunite after 16 months
reported staggering booking surges while hotels in London also saw increased interest following yesterday's announcement.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- BA owner increases flight numbers to meet take-off in air travel demand as coronavirus rules eased
British Airways owner International Consolidated Airlines
Group (IAG) is to increase flight numbers to meet the surge in demand for air travel as quarantine rules are eased.
Sky News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Avelo Airlines Expands To 4 More Cities Just 3 Months After Launch
Just three months after the airline's launch, Avelo adds flights to Monterey, CA, Provo and St. George UT and Ft. Collins, CO starting at $39.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Flight attendants say airlines must do more to address unruly passengers
Unruly passengers continue to be a problem, according to a survey of flight attendants.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- MARKET REPORT: Airlines given much-needed pick-me-up
The decision - which had widely been expected - was another milestone moment for the travel industry after weeks of pleading to relax the rules. It only applies to people from amber-list countries.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Legroom, vouchers, seating fees: Consumer advocacy groups take complaints to DOT
Several air travel consumer groups pushed DOT Secretary Buttigieg to take a harder line with airlines.
CNBC. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Sleeping at the airport: American Airlines flight attendant, pilot unions complain about lack of hotel rooms
pilot and flight attendant unions say the company is failing to provide adequate lodging and transportation when they are on the road.
CNBC. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Airlines put pressure on ministers to scrap quarantine for fully-vaccinated arrivals from EU and US
are putting pressure on the government to exempt fully-vaccinated Americans and EU visitors from quarantine on their arrival to the UK.
Sky News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Still planning summer travel? Here's how to make it as painless as possible
and agencies are bracing for the last dash of summer air travel amid a surge in the coronavirus. Prepare for delayed flights and crowded planes.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- US Travelers Defy New COVID Fears: Airlines & Hotels Perk Up
Despite a rise in COVID-19 cases, people are not shying away from making holiday plans, which is finally helping airline
stocks like United Airlines
Holdings (UAL), American Airlines
(AAL) and Delta Air Lines (DAL).
Zacks. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- United Airlines evacuates plane ready for take off after multiple passengers receive ominous text message
A United Airlines
flight was evacuated in San Francisco after a teenager onboard allegedly sent several other passengers pictures of an Airsoft gun via AirDrop before departure.
Fox News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Covid-19: Air travel takes off on busiest weekend since pandemic
As school holidays begin for many, the airline
industry says tens of thousands are flying abroad.
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Cawthorn introduces bill banning federal reimbursement to airlines for transporting illegal immigrants
North Carolina Republican Rep. Madison Cawthorn introduced a bill Thursday that would ban the use of federal funds being spent to compensate airlines
that fly illegal immigrants throughout the country.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Widespread internet outage impacts major websites
A major internet outage took down more than 20,000 websites, including Google, Amazon, banks and airlines. Mola Lenghi reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
Airlines News Headlines and News Summaries