This Airline news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about airlines from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How frequent flyer miles helped LGBT people in danger
The founder of travel website The Points Guy explains how donated airline miles helped LGBT Chechnyans escape persecution and violence
CBS News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Delta's test of free in-flight Wi-Fi may shame other airlines into offering service
Now Delta Air Lines is taking its first steps towards offering free Wi-Fi as well. ...
CNBC. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- U.S. warns airliners flying over Persian Gulf amid tensions with Iran
U.S. diplomats warned that commercial airliners faced a risk of being "misidentified"
CBS News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- US: Iran Military Could Misidentify Airliners Amid Tension
U.S. diplomats warned Saturday that commercial airliners flying over the wider Persian Gulf faced a risk of being "misidentified" amid heightened tensions between the U.S. and Iran.The warning relayed by U.S. ...
Newsmax. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- US warns airliners flying in Persian Gulf amid Iran tensions
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - U.S. diplomats warned Saturday that commercial airliners flying over the wider Persian Gulf faced a risk of being "misidentified" amid heightened tensions between the U.S. and Iran. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Report: Brakes unused on fiery Russian plane that killed 41
A Russian state news agency says a report from the country's civil aviation authority indicates that the crew of an airliner that caught fire while making an emergency landing, killing 41 people, had not deployed the plane's air brakes
ABC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- EasyJet chief defends Champions League final flight costs
The airline's boss says "enormous" demand has pushed prices up: "That is how the system works."
BBC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Britain's easyJet warns of tougher year, revenues to be lower
British budget airline easyJet warned of a worsening trading environment on Friday.
CNBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Delta, United poised for most new slots at Tokyo's Haneda airport
Delta Air Lines and United Airlines are poised to win the most new daytime slots at Tokyo's Haneda International Airport in time for the 2020 Summer Olympics, according to a U.S. Department of Transportation statement on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Boeing Completes Software Upgrade for 737 MAX Aircraft
US airlines may be closer to getting their Boeing 737 MAX planes back in the air -- Boeing says they've finished the software update to the plane's anti-stall system. Photo Credit: Ted S. Warren/AP
NBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Air Canada and WestJet News Marks Two Major Acquisitions Announced In Canadian Airline Market
WestJet's acquisition by private equity firm Onex and Air Canada looking to buy Transat is big news for the Canadian airline industry.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Southwest Airlines plans $100M maintenance hangar in Denver
Southwest Airlines says it will build a $100 million maintenance hangar at the Denver International Airport. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Lobby of JFK Airport's TWA Hotel littered with delayed passengers sleeping on the floor
The landmark Trans World Airlines Flight Center opened its doors for the first time in 20 years on Wednesday after being transformed into the only on-site lodging at JFK in Queens, New York.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Southwest (LUV) Hikes Dividend, Announces New Buyback Plan
Southwest Airlines' (LUV) dividend hike and the new buyback plan are indicative of its shareholder-friendly stance. The company has returned in excess of $11 billion to its shareholders since 2010.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Thomas Cook says Brexit hitting holiday plans
The tour operator reports a huge first half loss and says it has received bids for its airline.
BBC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Sign directing passengers to airline lounges
Related Directory Page(s)
Airlines News Headlines and News Summaries