This Airline news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about airlines from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fights break out on a Delta flight after it was delayed eight hours
Flight 2385 to Miami was scheduled to take off from JFK airport on Thursday at 3.50pm but didn't end up leaving until 11.30pm.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Cathay Pacific CEO quits after company clashed with Beijing on staff support for Hong Kong protests
Cathay Pacific have announced the shock resignation of CEO Rupert Hogg, days after the Hong Kong airline
was censured by Beijing because some staff had supported pro-democracy protests.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Cathay Pacific boss Rupert Hogg quits after protest row
Rupert Hogg steps down after "challenging weeks for the airline" over the Hong Kong demonstrations.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Russian pilot says he felt no fear as he glided Airbus onto cornfield
"Shy" Ural Airlines
pilot Damir Yusupov was lauded as hero for smooth emergency landing after birds choked both of his engines
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Cathay Pacific CEO resigns after pressure from Beijing
Rupert Hogg's resignation follows participation by some of the airline's employees in anti-government protests
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Cathay CEO Quits After Airline Caught in Hong Kong Protests
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. ...
Newsmax. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Cathay Pacific Airways CEO resigns, the airline's board blames 'recent events'
Cathay Pacific has been under intense pressure after it was found that two of its pilots had become involved in the current protest in Hong Kong.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Bumped, canceled and delayed: Airline passengers facing a rocky summer travel season
New federal data point to a rockier summer travel season for thousands of passengers as more flights are delayed, canceled or oversold.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- How Airline Marketing Is Deceiving Everyone
Emirates are not the only airline
who is piling more marketing dollars into a great but rarely seen product. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- United Airlines tightens rules on crew drinking
has ordered crew members not to consume any alcohol for 12 hours before flying.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- LATAM Airlines' (LTM) Traffic & Load Factor Increase in July
Load Factor at LATAM Airlines
(LTM) improves in July as traffic growth outpaces capacity expansion.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Ten Airlines That Are Changing The Game In Business Travel
Business class remains one of the most highly competitive markets in aviation. ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Sabre Rides on Partnerships, Renews Croatia Airlines Deal
Sabre's (SABR) renewal of partnership with Croatia Airlines
reflects its continued efforts to enhance the highly profitable Airlines
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Catering Workers, Union Members Picket AA Headquarters
Hundreds of workers picketed outside American Airlines
corporate headquarters in Fort Worth Tuesday morning, as an ongoing labor dispute hit a fever pitch. They're employees of a catering company American... Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Disruptive passenger forces American Airlines flight to land in Goose Bay
Disruptive passenger removed from diverted American Airlines
flight, and police say the 31-year-old man is being held in custody Tuesday night.
CBC News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
Airlines News Headlines and News Summaries