This Aircraft news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about aircraft news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Border Patrol seizes aircraft loaded with meth, fentanyl after it flies into US
The pilot of the single-person aircraft managed to get away.
ABC News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- German aid group releases video of migrant raft in distress
The German aid group Sea-Watch has released video from its aircraft showing a sinking raft packed with dozens migrants off Libya with some people scattered in the sea
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Boeing 737 Max won't be rushed back to flight, FAA chief says - CNET
Federal regulators are reviewing the aircraft maker's proposed remedy to issue linked to two fatal crashes.
CNET. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Passenger dies on Edinburgh-bound Ryanair plane
Paramedics boarded the aircraft at Majorca's Palma Airport after the passenger fell ill.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Air China reportedly asks Boeing for compensation over aircraft grounding
Air China has formally asked Boeing for compensation over the grounding of its 737 MAX aircraft and delayed deliveries of its orders, the state TV China Central Television reported on Wednesday.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- US Military: Russian Bombers, Fighters Intercepted off Alaska
US fighters intercepted six Russian military aircraft in international airspace west of Alaska, and shadowed them until they exited the area, the North American Air Defense Command said Tuesday. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Marine Corps Harrier jet crashes in North Carolina
Officials say a Marine jet has crashed in a wooded area in North Carolina, but the pilot ejected from the aircraft and was taken to a hospital.
Fox News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Jefferies expects Boeing to launch new plane later than analysts anticipated after 737 Max crisis
Jefferies analysts believe Boeing was likely close to announcing a new midsized aircraft before its 737 Max fleet was grounded.
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Lockheed Martin Wins $1.1B Deal to Procure CH-53K Aircraft
Lockheed Martin's (LMT) Sikorsky will offer programmatic support, logistics support, and peculiar support equipment apart from procuring the CH-53K jets.
Zacks. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Bad weather forces French carrier jets to land in Indonesia
Seven jets from a French aircraft carrier make unscheduled landings in Indonesia due to bad weather.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- WAAAM! These antique aircraft and autos can actually drive and fly - CNET
The incredible Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum museum is packed with amazing early-era vehicles, nearly all in flying or driving condition.
CNET. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Tracking Fires from the Earth, Air and Space
Wildfires are often discovered by aircraft pilots, drivers or spotters in observation towers but also increasingly by remote sensors, which alert authorities to fire outbreaks. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Three Britons and a South African die as small plane crashes in Dubai
Three Britons and a South African were killed when the Diamond Aircraft DA62 they were flying, pictured, crashed three miles south of Dubai Airport. The crew were calibrating navigation equipment in the area.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Boeing Completes Software Upgrade for 737 MAX Aircraft
US airlines may be closer to getting their Boeing 737 MAX planes back in the air -- Boeing says they've finished the software update to the plane's anti-stall system. Photo Credit: Ted S. Warren/AP
NBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Three Britons killed as small plane crashes near Dubai airport
Three Britons have died after a light aircraft crashed near Dubai International Airport, authorities have said.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Small aircraft preparing to land
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries