This Aircraft news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aircraft news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Beijing flies 15 fighter jets into Taiwan for second time in two days
China deployed 15 fighter jets into Taiwan airspace for the second time in two days in a move that comes after the aircraft
carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt was moved into South China Sea.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Aircraft could cut emissions by better surfing the wind
Researchers found flights between London and New York could have used up to 16% less fuel by more accurately following jet stream tailwinds or avoiding headwinds, at a fraction of the cost of other emissions-cutting technologies.
Science Daily. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- US aircraft carrier enters the disputed South China Sea
The USS Theodore Roosevelt sailed into the disputed waters with its carrier strike group on Saturday to carry out 'routine operations' and reassure its allies in the region, the Pentagon said.
Daily Mail. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- 'Ground-breaking' unmanned combat aircraft project in Northern Ireland
More than 100 jobs will be supported by production of a new unmanned combat aircraft
in Northern Ireland.
Sky News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Turbulence model could help design aircraft capable of handling extreme scenarios
To help build aircraft
that can better handle violent turbulence, researchers developed a new model that allows engineers to incorporate the physics of an entire vortex collision into their design codes.
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Will Segmental Performance Aid Lockheed's (LMT) Q4 Earnings?
Lockheed Martin's (LMT) Q4 results are expected to have benefited from the delivery of its 123rd F-35A CTOL variant aircraft
to the Italian Air Force.
Zacks. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Low-carbon aircraft to be trialled in Orkney
The project is part of an ambition to create the "world's first zero emission aviation region".
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Boeing 737 Max to be cleared to fly in Europe
The EU's aviation agency says clearance will be given next week for the aircraft, grounded after two crashes.
BBC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Sending US carrier back to Middle East will keep Iran tensions low, top admiral says
The Navy's top admiral said the return of the aircraft
carrier USS Nimitz to the Middle East will maintain stability with Iran.
ABC News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Honeywell (HON) Unveils Latest Version of CPCMS for Aircraft
Honeywell's (HON) latest version of the Cabin Pressure Control and Monitoring System facilitates in monitoring and controlling the air pressure inside the aircraft
Zacks. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- UK's largest temporary morgue set to open with high COVID deaths to continue 'for some weeks'
The UK's largest temporary morgue is preparing to open to cope with rising coronavirus deaths, while another set up in a former aircraft
hangar during the first wave of the pandemic is now in use for the first time.
Sky News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Boeing's 2020 aircraft cancellations worst on record, despite December Max orders
Boeing's 2020 aircraft
cancellations were the worst on record as pandemic hit sales.
CNBC. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Southwest Airlines Aircraft Undergoes Forced Landing After Suspicious Note Found
A suspicious note was found on a Southwest flight
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Fiat Chrysler Takes Step Into Sky In Tie-Up With Urban Air Taxi Developer Archer
The automaker will provide design and manufacturing expertise and supply chain muscle to to help the Marc Lore-backed startup develop an electric aircraft
that will take off like a helicopter and fly like an airplane.
Forbes. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- What Is Driving The Rally In Spirit Aerosystems Stock?
Shares of Spirit Aerosystems have rallied by over 110% since November 2020 when Pfizer reported a high efficacy rate of its vaccine and the FAA lifted its ban on MAX aircraft
Forbes. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries