This Aircraft news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aircraft news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- British man, 66, dies instantly after his light aircraft crashes into the sea off a Spanish beach
The 66-year-old was killed instantly after his plane plunged into the water soon after he took off from a small airdrome in Murcia in south-east Spain called Aeroclub Totana.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Search for Navy sailors in cargo plane crash called off
The U.S. Navy called off the search for three sailors missing in the western Pacific. They were on a cargo plane that crashed Wednesday, trying to reach an American aircraft
carrier south of Japan. Ben Tracy reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Why demand is surging beyond the U.S. in the multibillion-dollar armed drone market
Companies in China, Turkey and Russia are increasingly producing armed drones, remotely piloted aircraft
that can use guided weapons on and off the battlefield.
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Russia aims to flex its strength with war games in Belarus
Russia says President Vladimir Putin is expected to attend the massive military exercises already underway in Eastern Europe. Russia and Belarus are staging simulated conflict involving troops, tanks and aircraft
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Four are killed after plane crashes into Mississippi home
Emergency crews rushed to the street in Hattiesburg at about 11.20pm on Tuesday. Police did not confirm whether the causalities were in the aircraft
or if they were residents of the house.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- The Latest: Germany airlifts oxygen equipment to India
BERLIN - A German military cargo aircraft
with a mobile oxygen production unit for India has departed from an airport in northern Germany to help Indian hospitals that are overwhelmed with coronavirus pandemic patients. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- World's Widest Airplane Completes Successful Second Test Flight
Stratolaunch's "Roc" aircraft
has two fuselages and a wingspan of 385 feet
Smithsonian. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- U.S. approves $2.4 billion sale of maritime patrol jets to India
The Biden administration announced it will sell six P-8 maritime patrol aircraft
and related gear to India worth $2.42 billion. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- New Fires Technology Destabilizes Boundaries Between Warfighting Communities
What if Army munitions had more range than fighter aircraft? What if mortars could hit targets usually reserved for howitzers?
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Airbus Returns to Profit but Warns of the Pandemic's Toll
The company delivered 125 commercial aircraft
to airlines in the three-month period, up from 122 a year earlier.
New York Times. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Prices For New General Aviation Aircraft May Be Pricing Pilots Out Of The Market
In aviation forums and at small airports aircraft
owners and pilots offer a familiar refrain. The prices of general aviation (GA) airplanes are unsustainable.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Air Force One subcontractor laying off 223 after losing job
A Boeing subcontractor working on the new Air Force One aircraft
until getting the boot announced Friday that it was cutting 223 jobs.
NBC. Monday, Apr 26 2021.
- Hospital helipad in Cambridge blown apart by US military aircraft during training exercise
Air ambulances are unable to land at a hospital in Cambridge after a US military aircraft
damaged its helipad during a training exercise.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Newer Planes Are Providing Airlines a Trove of Useful Data
During the pandemic, older aircraft
have been retired, resulting in a fleet that can collect more information about emissions and safety.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Addenbrooke's Hospital helipad destroyed by departing aircraft
The structure at Addenbrooke's in Cambridge was blown into the air as the USAF Osprey took off.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries