This Aircraft news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aircraft news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boeing Needs A Competitor To The A321LR More Than Ever
Once dominated by the Boeing 757 and 767 aircraft, the Airbus A321 has become a standout in the mid-size, longer-range aircraft
Forbes. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- WATCH: US Coast Guard delivers vaccines to Haiti
The U.S. Coast Guard delivered 500,000 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to Haiti, loading them onto an aircraft
in North Carolina.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Boeing (BA) Wins $34M Deal to Supply Spare Parts for F/A-18 Jets
Boeing's (BA) F/A-18 Block III Super Hornet is the latest available tactical aircraft
in U.S. Navy's inventory.
Zacks. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Turkmenistan Continues Military Buildup Near Border Amid Deteriorating Afghan Security
Turkmenistan continues to send heavy weaponry, helicopters, and other aircraft
to areas along the Turkmen-Afghan border to allay security fears as Taliban fighters engage in major offensives nearby in northern Afghanistan.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Russian Navy prepares to make its annual show of strength as Putin's warships bare their teeth
The Main Naval Parade in St Petersburg is a national holiday celebrated on the last Sunday of July and sees Russia show off its latest state-of-the-art warships, weaponry and aircraft
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Europe flooding: 'Disaster tourists' hampering rescue efforts
Police in Germany have waned that photography drones are hindering their own aircraft
searching for survivors while a Belgian mayor said visitors' cars are blocking emergency vehicles.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Jul 2021.
- 25 years after TWA Flight 800
Twenty-five years ago today, one of the deadliest aircraft
disasters in American history shook the world. TWA Flight 800, a 747 jet bound from New York to Paris, exploded off the coast of Long Island, New York, with 230 people onboard. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 17 Jul 2021.
- 'Scary': Fuel Shortage Could Ground Firefighting Aircraft
Sporadic shortages at some tanker bases in Oregon and Utah have already been reported.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- The Day Germany's First Jet Fighter Soared Into History
Allied pilots were surprised by the aircraft's speed and armament; but it was a case of too little too late
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Forecast Of The Day: Honeywell's Aircraft Components Revenue
Trefis expects Honeywell's Aircraft
Component Revenue to rise from $11.5 billion in 2020 to $12 billion in 2021 and to $13.2 billion in ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Former astronaut weighs in on Virgin Galactic's successful space flight
Billionaire Richard Branson was among the first people to ride into space on his own company's aircraft
. Branson and five crewmates experienced about three minutes of weightlessness before plunging back into Earth's atmosphere. ...
CBS News. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Air Lease (AL) Provides Activity Update for Second Quarter
Growth in Air Lease's (AL) owned aircraft
at the end of second-quarter 2021 is expected to have aided the company's top line.
Zacks. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Ryanair to hire 2,000 pilots as it takes delivery of new fleet of aircraft
Ryanair says it will hire 2,000 pilots to crew its fleet of new Boeing aircraft, the airline said on Monday, in a spark of hope for an industry pummelled by the pandemic.
Sky News. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Video shows woman duct-taped to seat after trying to open airplane door
An apparently unhinged woman was duct-taped to an airplane seat last week after she allegedly attacked the flight crew and tried to open the door of the aircraft
Fox News. Sunday, 11 Jul 2021.
- MoD announces jobs boost for RAF Lossiemouth
More than 100 new posts will be created as part of the deployment of Poseidon maritime aircraft
at the Moray base.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries