This Aircraft news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aircraft news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The US Government Avoided Default, But Many Companies May Not Be So Lucky
Bankruptcy filings by Diebold Nixdorf, Wesco Aircraft
Holdings, and GenesisCare made headlines but the number of companies defaulting will likely grow going forward.
Forbes. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Raytheon (RTX) Wins $372M Deal to Provide Aircraft Sensors
Raytheon (RTX) is set to provide updates, improvements and enhancements of tactical capabilities, sensor instrumentation and instrumentation interfaces to support F/A-18 and EA-18G software blocks.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Severe turbulence has increased 55% since 1979 thanks to climate change, study finds
Clear-air turbulence, which is invisible and hazardous to aircraft, has increased in various regions around the world, report University of Reading scientists.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- What it takes to turn an old passenger plane into a cargo hauler
A boom in air cargo fueled record orders for old passenger planes to be converted into freighter aircraft
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Hermeus Is Plugging An F-15 Engine Into its Hypersonic Test Aircraft
Atlanta-based hypersonics firm, Hermeus, just took delivery of a Pratt & Whitney engine to propel its hypersonic Dark Horse aircraft
to Mach 2.8 on the way to Mach 5.
Forbes. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Raytheon (RTX) Wins $2B Contract for F135 Propulsion System
Raytheon (RTX) is set to supply materials, parts and components for the 17th lot of F135 Propulsion system for F-35 Lighting II Joint Strike Fighter aircraft
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- NATO's show of strength: Alliance prepares for its biggest ever air force drills over Europe
The Air Defender 23 exercise will see 10,000 participants and 250 aircraft
from 25 nations respond to a simulated attack on a Nato member country.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- More Muscular American and Chinese Presence Leads to Increasingly Close Encounters in Indo-Pacific
South Korea scrambled fighter jets after Chinese and Russian military aircraft
entered its air defense zone in the south and east of the Korean Peninsula. The incursion followed encounters between U.S. ...
Voice of America. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Plane crash Virginia: Investigators ask when pilot became unresponsive, why aircraft flew its path
The pilot of a business jet that flew over Washington and crashed in a remote part of Virginia appeared to be slumped over and unresponsive, three U.S. ...
ABC News. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Pilot of plane that crashed in Virginia was slumped over in cockpit - reports
The wayward aircraft
entered restricted airspace over the US capital before crashing in Virginia.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Investigation underway into Virginia plane crash that prompted F-16s to scramble
The National Transportation Safety Board was at the site of a plane crash in Virginia, trying to determine what caused the aircraft
to go down. ...
CBS News. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Sonic boom as US fighter jets intercept plane that later crashed
No survivors are found after the Cessna Citation small aircraft
crashes in rural Virginia.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Unresponsive plane over DC leads F-16s to investigate: Officials
A loud noise around Washington, D.C., on Sunday may have been a sonic boom from F-16s investigating an aircraft
in a restricted area, a U.S. official said.
ABC News. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- Sonic boom heard in Washington DC caused by military jets chasing light aircraft which crashed
A loud boom in the Washington DC area which residents of the US capital said shook houses and sounded like an explosion was caused by military jets which had been scrambled to deal with an airspace violation.
Sky News. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- Pilot seen slumped over in plane that triggered fighter jet chase over Washington DC
A pilot was seen slumped over in the cockpit of a wayward plane that crashed after flying over Washington DC - as fighter jets were scrambled to intercept the aircraft
Sky News. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries