This Aircraft news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about aircraft news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boeing's new '797' could be built to fly with just one pilot on board
The industry has been outlining what they would want if Boeing builds a new mid-market aircraft.
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Bad weather forces French carrier jets to land in Indonesia
Seven jets from a French aircraft carrier make unscheduled landings in Indonesia due to bad weather.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- WAAAM! These antique aircraft and autos can actually drive and fly - CNET
The incredible Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum museum is packed with amazing early-era vehicles, nearly all in flying or driving condition.
CNET. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- RAF Brize Norton Hercules captured in mid-air photoshoot
RAF photographers sat on the ramp of a Hercules aircraft to photograph their training exercise.
BBC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Tracking Fires from the Earth, Air and Space
Wildfires are often discovered by aircraft pilots, drivers or spotters in observation towers but also increasingly by remote sensors, which alert authorities to fire outbreaks. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Singapore Airlines' order of 31 Boeing 737 Max jets remains 'intact,' CEO says
Singapore Airlines CEO Goh Choon Phong told reporters and analysts on Friday that an order for 31 Boeing 737 Max jets remains "intact" despite the aircraft's two deadly crashes.
CNBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Three Britons and a South African die as small plane crashes in Dubai
Three Britons and a South African were killed when the Diamond Aircraft DA62 they were flying, pictured, crashed three miles south of Dubai Airport. The crew were calibrating navigation equipment in the area.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Boeing Completes Software Upgrade for 737 MAX Aircraft
US airlines may be closer to getting their Boeing 737 MAX planes back in the air -- Boeing says they've finished the software update to the plane's anti-stall system. Photo Credit: Ted S. Warren/AP
NBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Three Britons killed as small plane crashes near Dubai airport
Three Britons have died after a light aircraft crashed near Dubai International Airport, authorities have said.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Particulate matter from aircraft engines affects airways
In a unique, innovative experiment, researchers have investigated the effect of exhaust particles from aircraft turbine engines on human lung cells. The cells reacted most strongly to particles emitted during ground idling. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Pilot escapes nearly unscathed after NYC helicopter plunge
A helicopter pilot escaped without serious injuries after his aircraft crash landed into the Hudson River near a busy Manhattan heliport
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Angela Merkel's plane is dented by over-eager fan who left the handbrake off her van
The fan, who worked at Dortmund Airport in Germany, had been driving when she spotted the German Chancellor's aircraft and jumped out her vehicle to take a photo.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- The Latest: NTSB: 1 plane descended before midair collision
Federal accident investigators say one of two flightseeing floatplanes involved in a deadly midair collision in Alaska had descended in altitude before it collided with the other aircraft
ABC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Alaska Plane Crash Kills at Least 4 After Small Aircraft Collide in Midair
It was unclear why the two pontoon planes, which were carrying passengers from a Royal Princess cruise ship, had crashed into each other.
New York Times. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Trump says it would be big mistake for Iran to try anything against U.S
U.S. President Donald Trump warned on Monday Iran would "suffer greatly" if it targeted U.S. interests after Washington deployed an aircraft carrier and more jet fighters at a time of rising tensions with Tehran.
Reuters. Monday, 13 May 2019.
Small aircraft preparing to land
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries