This Aircraft news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aircraft news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lockheed Martin (LMT) Wins $88M Deal to Support F-35 Program
Lockheed Martin's (LMT) Autonomic Logistics Information System and Operational Integrated Data Network maintenance capabilities to support worldwide F-35 aircraft
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Reconstruction reveals MH17 passengers had time to put on oxygen masks as jetliner plunged
A reconstruction has shown that the passengers of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 had enough time to put on their oxygen masks before the aircraft
hit the ground.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- US Navy welcomes 1st Black female Tactical Aircraft pilot
Lt. j.g. Madeline Swegle had completed naval flight school and will later receive the flight officer insignia known as the "Wings of Gold."
ABC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Making history: US Navy welcomes first black female tactical aircraft pilot
The US Navy has welcomed its first black female tactical aircraft
Sky News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Navy announces first Black female Tactical Aircraft pilot
The U.S. Navy announced its first Black female Tactical Aircraft
Fox News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- American Airlines tells Boeing: No financing, no 737 Max deliveries
American Airlines executives have told Boeing they will not take delivery of 17 Boeing 737 Max airplanes unless the airline can secure financing to pay for the aircraft, people familiar with the discussions told CNBC.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Battle of Britain: The schoolgirl who helped design Spitfire
Meet the young mathematician who helped design the Spitfire, the iconic aircraft
that took part in the Battle of Britain, which started 80 years ago today.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Jet2 reveals coronavirus rules before flights restart on 15 July
A Jet2 video shows how passengers will be required to wear face masks throughout their journey and board in small groups on to aircraft
that are 'professionally cleaned each day'.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- House defense spending bill would give the MQ-9 Reaper drone a second life
Appropriators are also backing the purchase of a bunch of other aircraft
across the services.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Used Aircraft Parts Market Faces A COVID-19 Roller Coaster Ride
Thanks to Covid-19, there is a plethora of aircraft
being retired early and ready to be cannibalized for parts. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- $400,000: The Cost to Unclog a Toilet on a U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier
" Unfortunately, this isn't the first time the toilet tissue on the ship has been in the media. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- China Says U.S. Navy Exercises In South China Sea Undermine Stability In Region
Two U.S. Navy aircraft
carrier groups carried out a large scale exercise in the contested region on July 4.
Forbes. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Drone and light aircraft in 'near miss' outside Perth
The drone put those on board the aircraft
in danger as it flew in restricted airspace near Perth, police say.
BBC News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Why China Is Sure to Match US Aircraft Carriers in Disputed Asian Sea
Chinese officials want to show Washington, the rest of Asia and their own people they're at least as resolute as the US Navy.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Airbus shedding 15,000 jobs, mostly in Europe
Battered by the coronavirus pandemic, European aircraft
manufacturer Airbus said Tuesday that it must eliminate 15,000 jobs, mostly in Europe, to safeguard its future and warned of more thin years ahead.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries