This Air Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New Pandemic-era Air Travel Record Set Over Mother's Day Weekend
Sunday's record surpasses Friday's by an estimated 4,500
Voice of America. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Air Transport Services (ATSG) Q1 Earnings Miss, Decrease Y/Y
Below-par performance of the ACMI services segment hurts Air Transport
Services' (ATSG) Q1 results.
Zacks. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Air travel has busiest day since early 2020 over Mother's Day weekend
With COVID-19 vaccinations rising and cases falling, travel is slowly getting back to pre-pandemic levels. ...
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Air Travel Consumer Confidence Is No Longer About The Airlines
People mostly trust that they can be safe on an airplane now. But summer travel is still at risk because of challenges outside the plane, including rental cars and restaurants.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- HHS Sec. Tom Price resigns after revelations about private air travel
He embarrassed the president, and it cost him his job. Dr. Tom Price was forced to resign Friday as secretary of Health and Human Services for using high-cost private charter flights when cheaper alternatives were available. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Amid disaster in India, coronavirus restrictions easing in US, Europe
Air travel in the U.S. ...
Fox News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Golf Destinations Seeing Travel Boom Thanks To Pent-Up Golfer Demand
With the gradual return of air travel
this year, golf travel is showing signs of a boom as golfers look to scratch their wanderlust itch.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- EasyJet says 'clock is ticking' to open up air travel
The airline's boss says research indicates allowing mass travel to much of Europe poses little risk.
BBC News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Analysts Estimate Air Transport Services (ATSG) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for
Services (ATSG) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Travel industry starts to take off again as more Americans get vaccinated
It's not just international travel, or even air travel, that people are searching for as they dream up their summer getaways.
ABC News. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- Open middle seats could reduce Covid exposure of maskless air travelers, CDC study shows
A CDC and Kansas State University study found that the risk of exposure to Covid-19 could be as much as 57% lower if airlines keep middle seats open.
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Apr 2021.
- Virgin Atlantic boss expecting increased demand for air travel in coming months
Virgin Atlantic's chief executive is forecasting an increase in demand for air travel
over the coming months as restrictions ease.
Sky News. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, tests should only be temporary travel requirements, industry group says
The head of the International Air Transport
Association says requirements like proof of vaccines or negative Covid tests should be lifted after the pandemic.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- Airlines criticise 'damaging' state bailout for Air France over competition concerns
Europe's largest low-cost airline has warned that a state bailout of Air France will "damage competition in the air transport
market for decades to come".
Sky News. Tuesday, 6 Apr 2021.
- Boost for hopes of a summer holiday as new plan could allow air travel to tourism hotspots to resume
The traffic light system, a scheme to enable quarantine-free travel to 'green' destinations, is likely to be unveiled within days, Whitehall sources said.
Daily Mail. Friday, 2 Apr 2021.
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries