This Air Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- BA owner increases flight numbers to meet take-off in air travel demand as coronavirus rules eased
British Airways owner International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG) is to increase flight numbers to meet the surge in demand for air travel
as quarantine rules are eased.
Sky News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Flight attendants demand action against unruly passengers from DOJ, FAA
After conducting a recent survey of nearly 5,000 flight attendants, the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA found that 85% have faced unruly passengers in recent months as air travel
Fox News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Legroom, vouchers, seating fees: Consumer advocacy groups take complaints to DOT
Several air travel
consumer groups pushed DOT Secretary Buttigieg to take a harder line with airlines.
CNBC. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Still planning summer travel? Here's how to make it as painless as possible
Passengers, airlines and agencies are bracing for the last dash of summer air travel
amid a surge in the coronavirus. Prepare for delayed flights and crowded planes.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Air travel yet to meaningfully restart, says UK industry
Bookings have not recovered due to the "frustrating" traffic light system, a trade group says.
BBC News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- ALEX BRUMMER: Closure of Atlantic skies hurts Britain
The fate of British Airways and Virgin Atlantic and ease of transatlantic air travel
hangs in the balance because the UK government has failed to grasp the nettle and forge a deal with the US.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Covid-19: Air travel takes off on busiest weekend since pandemic began
Huge queues at some airports are reported on the first weekend of the summer holidays for many.
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Jimmy Failla: 6 fun rules for flying as unruly passengers, fights and more make air travel crazier than ever
Let's face it, flying in the post-COVID era isn't easy. Between unruly passengers, mask mandates and more it's never been harder to get to your destination.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Airlines See a Surge in Domestic Flights, Beating Forecasts
U.S. carriers are reaping the rewards as a surge in domestic air travel
has exceeded forecasts.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: United Parcel Service, FedEx, Atlas Air Worldwide and Air Transport Services
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: United Parcel Service, FedEx, Atlas Air Worldwide and Air Transport
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Air Travel Recovers To Pre-Pandemic Levels Over July 4 Weekend As Record Numbers Fly
TSA screened more than 10 million people in the last five days.
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- Ryanair (RYAAY) June Traffic Surges on Uptick in EU Air Travel
Ryanair's (RYAAY) June traffic soars year over year as increased vaccinations in the European Union drive recovery in air-travel demand.
Zacks. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- Southwest, American delays hint at hard summer for travelers
This summer is already shaping up to be a difficult one for air travelers. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 5 Jul 2021.
- Air travel exceeds pre-pandemic levels for 1st time heading into July 4th weekend
Thursday marked a major pandemic milestone -- air travel
exceeded pre-pandemic levels for the first time as travelers took to the skies for the July 4th holiday.
ABC News. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- The Future Of Flying Is Closer Than Ever-Sustainable Fuel Is The Key
At pre-pandemic levels, aviation was responsible for 2-3% of overall global emissions, and current forecasts from the International Air Transport
Association (IATA) anticipate significant growth in air travel
throughout the 2020s.
Forbes. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries