This Air Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Zacks.com featured highlights include: Air Transport, Digi International, America's Car-Mart and Zumiez
Zacks.com featured highlights include: Air Transport, Digi International, America's Car-Mart and Zumiez
Zacks. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Jet builder Aerion expects to fly silent supersonic planes by 2024, unlocking a $40 billion market
Supersonic air travel
is only a few years from returning if Aerion succeeds.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Zacks.com featured highlights include: SYNNEX, Air Transport Services, Everi and Arcos Dorados
Zacks.com featured highlights include: SYNNEX, Air Transport
Services, Everi and Arcos Dorados
Zacks. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Air Travel Cyber-Attacks: New York Airport Hit, Travelex Exchange Held To Ransom
Cyber-attackers have ramped up their campaigns against the travel industry and those who use it.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Jan 2020.
- Sweden's air travel drops in year when 'flight shaming'...
The number of passengers flying through Swedish airports has dropped four per cent as 'flight shaming' has gained prominence. Travel fell by seven per cent in December, according to Swedavia.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
- Bitter flight-ban dispute rocks Extinction Rebellion as founder compares it to eating meat
Extinction Rebellion's Roger Hallam branded air travel
a 'no no', despite many of its supporters often racking up the air miles by using aircraft. Pictured: protesters in London at City Airport.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 Jan 2020.
- 2019 Was A Safe Year For Air Travel Despite 737 MAX Woes [Infographic]
Despite a high-profile accident involving the Boeing 737 MAX in March, 2019 was the third-safest year in aviation history.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- Weather may cause delays on busiest travel day of the year
Rain and snow may snarl traffic and air travel
on the day after Christmas. CBS News weather and climate contributor Jeff Berardelli joined CBSN with a look at the forecast.
CBS News. Thursday, 26 Dec 2019.
- The airline industry has a 'major systemic problem', aviation expert says
Peter Harbison of CAPA Centre for Aviation says the pressures of demand for air travel
could be outstripping supply, amid recent issues about aircraft and plane engines.
CNBC. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- Deadly storm clogs roads and snarls air travel across the U.S.
Thousands are stranded in airports and on the roads as the Northeast could see up to 20 inches of snow.
CBS News. Sunday, 1 Dec 2019.
- Perot Conference Eyes Future of Air Travel, Taxis Around DFW
A forum organized by Ross Perot Jr. eyed the future of air travel
and how people can one day go to work or home in air taxis as easily as calling an Uber.
NBC. Saturday, 23 Nov 2019.
- Climate protesters stage sit-in at Berlin's Tegel airport
BERLIN (AP) - Dozens of people, many dressed in penguin costumes, are staging a sit-in at Berlin's Tegel airport to protest against greenhouse gas emissions from air travel
Washington Times. Sunday, 10 Nov 2019.
- New Rules and Fees Add to Cost of Air Travel With Kids
It's the time of year when many families are planning holiday travel with kids, but Consumer Reports says there are new rules and added fees that could quickly take the jolly out of your holiday air travel
. Photo Credit: Consumer Reports.
NBC. Thursday, 7 Nov 2019.
- The Sleek History of Airline Maps
A new book explores the evolution of cartography throughout more than a century of commercial air travel
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 6 Nov 2019.
- How to make carbon pricing palatable to air travelers
Travellers are willing to pay a little more for flights if they know the extra money will be used to address carbon emissions, a new study has found.
Science Daily. Thursday, 3 Oct 2019.
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries