This Air Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cathay Pacific cuts 8,500 jobs and shutters regional airline due to COVID-19 pandemic
Hong Kong airline Cathay Pacific Airways said Wednesday it would cut 8,500 jobs and shut a regional airline as it grapples with the plunge in air travel
due to the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Air Transport Services (ATSG) Soars to 52-Week High, Time to Cash Out?
Services (ATSG) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
Zacks. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus: Shapps 'very hopeful' of airport testing by early December
UK transport secretary aims for a new air traveller testing regime, but BA's boss is sceptical.
BBC News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- American Airlines Launches 2021 Loyalty Program With Reduced Qualification Targets
American Airlines became the first major air carrier in the country to launch its 2021 loyalty program this week, amidst an air travel
year severly disrupted by a worldwide pandemic.
Forbes. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Experiment shows risks of air travel while masked
When masks are worn there is only a 0.003% chance particles from a passenger can enter the passenger's breathing space who is sitting beside them.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Ryanair blames 'mismanagement' by governments as it cuts winter capacity
Ryanair has cut its winter flight capacity from 60% to 40% of the previous year's level, blaming "mismanagement" of air travel
by EU governments.
Sky News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- From 'electrostatic' spray to wipe-downs, here's how airplanes are cleaned during the pandemic
The new CNBC documentary, "Shepard Smith Reports: Air Travel
in Turmoil," which airs Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET, highlights some of the steps that airlines are taking to keep travelers safe during the pandemic. ...
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Virus-blighted British Airways announces shock CEO departure
British Airways, which is slashing thousands of jobs as coronavirus decimates demand for air travel, announced Monday that CEO Alex Cruz is stepping down "with immediate effect" but gave no reason for his unexpected departure.
Yahoo. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Here's how Singapore plans to resume international travel safely
With no domestic air travel
market, Singapore "can't wait around for a vaccine" to revive its aviation sector, said Ong Ye Kung, the country's transport minister.
CNBC. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Airline ETF Rallies on a Slew of Positive News
Airline stocks have showed strength this week buoyed by rounds of positive news. First, the uptick in air travel
demand led to a spike and then President Trump's support for the industry's federal aid program.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Trump urges $25 bln bailout for U.S. airlines
U.S. President Donald Trump said late on Tuesday (October 6) Congress should quickly extend a $25 billion bailout to U.S. passenger airlines furloughing thousands of workers as air travel
remains down due to the coronavirus. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- ALEX BRUMMER: Government throws a lifeline to Rolls-Royce
Rolls-Royce shares have collapsed from a peak of ten pounds two years ago, when order books for the Trent 1000 engine were overflowing and global air travel
expanding, to just above one pound.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- American Airlines And Lufthansa Look To Preflight Testing To Protect Passengers From Coronavirus
Lufthansa offers preflight testing for passengers at four airports in Germany, while American said it's 'looking seriously at rapid testing as we explore options for boosting confidence in air travel
Forbes. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Qantas 7-hour flight to nowhere sells out in 10 minutes
A "flight to nowhere" is air travel
that takes place purely for the purpose of the journey, not the destination.
ABC News. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
- Air travel hit a 5-month high over Labor Day weekend
More than 3 million travelers passed through U.S. airports over the holiday weekend, the most since March.
CBS News. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries