This Air Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Airlines canceled fewer than 200 flights Wednesday after a 5G reprieve.
After airlines warned of air travel
chaos, AT&T and Verizon said they would restrict the new wireless service near airports.
New York Times. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Will The Tide Turn For JetBlue Airways Stock?
The shares of JetBlue Airways are trading 30% below pre-Covid levels despite relatively high passenger numbers at TSA checkpoints due to the anticipation of a prolonged dip in air travel
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Snow and ice blast through the South in powerful winter storm
The storm was making air travel
extremely difficult in some parts of the South.
CBS News. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Air Transport Services (ATSG) Upgraded to Strong Buy: Here's Why
Services (ATSG) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
Zacks. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Holiday air travel in 2021 up 184% from previous year
The rush to return home is turning into a nightmare as millions of Americans try to navigate full freeways and jam-packed airports, compounded with bad weather and Omicron-fueled staff shortages.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- Biden thanks AT&T and Verizon for agreeing to delay the rollout of 5G
President Biden on Tuesday thanked AT&T and Verizon for agreeing to delay their planned rollout of the 5G network by two weeks so as not to disrupt air travel
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- Biden says postponed 5G rollout by telecom giants is 'step in the right direction'
President Biden on Tuesday hailed the decisions by AT&T and Verizon to postpone their planned rollouts of 5G information networks near airports over fears of widespread disruption to air travel
and shipping. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- Rocky start to 2022 air travel as bad weather, omicron drive thousands of cancellations
Airlines have canceled more than 15,000 U.S. flights since Christmas Eve.
CNBC. Sunday, 2 Jan 2022.
- Flight Chaos Continues: More Than 4,000 Cancelled As Omicron Creates Airline Staff Shortage
New flight cancellations add to thousands shuttered amid surges in new coronavirus cases, air travelers and severe weather.
Forbes. Sunday, 2 Jan 2022.
- Airline woes continue wtih 2,300 U.S. flights cancelled amid outbreak
For air travelers, the new year picked up where the old one left off - with lots of frustration.
ABC News. Saturday, 1 Jan 2022.
- Cancelled flights frustrate travelers on New Year's Eve
More canceled flights frustrated air travelers on the final day of 2021 and appeared all but certain to inconvenience hundreds of thousands more over the New Year's holiday weekend. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- Freighter Demand Drives Air Transport (ATSG) Amid High Debt
Rising demand for midsize freighters boosts Air Transport
Services (ATSG). However, a high debt is a concern.
Zacks. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- WATCH: Luggage in limbo
Piles of bags are waiting to be reunited with their owners at airports after winter weather and staffing shortages hit air travel
ABC News. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- Record number of guns found in U.S. airports in 2021, despite travel slump
Even with air travel
yet to return to pre-pandemic levels, the number of guns discovered at TSA checkpoints set a 20-year record in 2020. Officials point to rising gun sales.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- UK air travel sees huge slump in 2021 due to Covid
International flights to and from the UK fell to just 400,000 this year, says analytics firm Cirium.
BBC News. Tuesday, 28 Dec 2021.
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries