This Air Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Computer issue snarls immigration processing at airports around the US
Air travelers faced delays at U.S. airports on Friday afternoon after a computer issue snarled processing of international arrivals.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Here's Why It's Time to Add Delta to Your Portfolio Now
Robust passenger revenues on the back of solid air travel
demand is a key catalyst for Delta (DAL). The carrier's investor-friendly moves are also appreciative.
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Travelling to Hong Kong? Here's what you need to know
With air travel
to and from Hong Kong's International Airport potentially affected for a third day Wednesday, here's what Canadian travellers need to know.
CBC News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Airline Stock Roundup: AZUL & CPA's Q2 Earnings Beat, JBLU's July Traffic Report
The impressive second-quarter 2019 earnings reports of Copa Holdings (CPA) and Azul (AZUL) further highlight the strong demand for air travel
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Here's how airlines are compensating the loss of Boeing 737 Max planes
With Boeing's 737 Max grounded, airlines around the world are scrambling to meet the growing demand for air travel
. Their answer is something called 'wet leases.' CNBC's Phil LeBeau reports.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Tomorrow predicted to be busiest day for flying 2019 with Delta and Ryanair among busiest carriers
The mammoth global forecast comes as air passenger traffic continues to grow year on year, with 2019 set to be one of the busiest years for air travel
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- LEGO City Arctic Air Transport Set for $23 + pickup at Walmart - CNET
LEGO City Arctic Air Transport
Set for $23
CNET. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- With An Eye Toward Lower Emissions, Clean Air Travel Gets Off The Ground
Air travel is set to grow dramatically. It will be a while before electric planes truly take off, but people are trying to reduce their carbon footprint now with offsets and "flight shaming."
NPR. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Should I offset my summer holiday flights?
As more of us worry about our carbon emissions, how can you offset your air travel?
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Flight Shaming Threatens To Take Air Travel Industry Down Tobacco Road
The quick traction gained by the flight shaming movement spearheaded by Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg is raising alarm bells in the airline industry. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 11 Jul 2019.
- Air Travel And Climate Change: KLM's "Fly Responsibly" Campaign
KLM is seeking to become a climate leader in the aviation industry. Its campaign, Fly Responsibly, urges travelers to explore taking trains for short distances, pack lightly and purchase offsets for their flights. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 11 Jul 2019.
- Why the age of electric flight is finally upon us
Air travel accounts for 2%-3% of global greenhouse gas emissions. Are electric engines an answer?
BBC News. Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019.
- Air travel watchdogs are under pressure to ban 'rip-off' clauses to cancel return tickets
Consumer group Which? said passengers have been left stranded and hundreds of pounds out-of-pocket when their return ticket was voided after they were unable to take their scheduled outbound flight.
Daily Mail. Friday, 28 Jun 2019.
- Citing insecurity, Washington bars all air travel between U.S. and Venezuela
The U.S. Department of Transportation has ordered the suspension of all passenger and cargo flights between the United States and Venezuela, citing reports of unrest and violence around airports in the South American country.
CBC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- NHL to purchase carbon offsets to counter playoff air travel
The National Hockey League said on Monday it would purchase carbon credits to offset airline emissions of heat-trapping greenhouse gases during the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Reuters. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries