This Air Travel news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- A4A's Bullish Summer Travel Forecast: 3 Stocks in Focus
A4A's rosy projection for the upcoming summer season further highlights strong demand for air travel.
Zacks. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Citing insecurity, Washington bars all air travel between U.S. and Venezuela
The U.S. Department of Transportation has ordered the suspension of all passenger and cargo flights between the United States and Venezuela, citing reports of unrest and violence around airports in the South American country.
CBC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Could aviation ever be less polluting?
The aircraft industry has to cut greenhouse gases but air travel is growing, so what's the answer?
BBC News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Delta (DAL) Posts Increase in April Traffic & Load Factor
Passengers flying on Delta's (DAL) flights increase 6.6% in April 2019, highlighting the strong demand for air travel.
Zacks. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- TSA Check: 'We're Cool' And We're Not Looking For Your Weed
Are air travelers getting a mixed message? The TSA isn't looking for your legally purchased weed, but if they happen to find it they won't look the other way.
Forbes. Saturday, 4 May 2019.
- University of Manchester students reveal experimental plane
A project which could revolutionise air travel and make planes cheaper and greener is unveiled.
BBC News. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- NHL to purchase carbon offsets to counter playoff air travel
The National Hockey League said on Monday it would purchase carbon credits to offset airline emissions of heat-trapping greenhouse gases during the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Reuters. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Boeing and Airbus face competition from first Japanese airliner in 50 years
A new, long-delayed 88-passenger jet from Japan may finally be the right plane at the right time. More cities in Asia and Europe are seeking to link up with one another and the global air travel network. ...
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
- UPDATE: With Measles Outbreaks on the Rise, a Concern Over the Connection to Air Travel
A record 81 U.S. flights were investigated in 2018 for carrying at least one person contagious with the disease, which has had a large number of outbreaks this year.
New York Times. Thursday, 14 Mar 2019.
- Countries quickly grounding Boeing jets acted 'prematurely,' not based in facts: GOP congressman
"You can't go out there and start grounding aircraft and cause a disruption in air travel and business around the United States and around the world based on emotion," Rep. Garret Graves, R-La., tells CNBC.
CNBC. Wednesday, 13 Mar 2019.
- Airline pilot: Is it still safe to fly in a Boeing 737 Max? Don't worry about it just yet.
Recent crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia of Boeing's 737 Max aircraft have passengers worried. But air travel has actually never been safer.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 13 Mar 2019.
- Will Boeing 737 Max 8 Groundings Cause Flight Cancellations or Delays? Here's What You Should Know
Flights have been cancelled or delayed as numerous countries ground the Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes. Here's how it could impact air travel.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 12 Mar 2019.
- Schools shut, flights canceled as storm sweeps Midwest, East Coast
Snow, sleet and freezing rain is set to hit the Northeast on Wednesday as a winter storm closed schools, hampered air travel and prompted officials to close federal offices in Washington D.C.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019.
- Record-breaking jet stream accelerates air travel
The river of air 35,000 feet above the NYC area, known as the jet stream, clocked in at a blazing 231 mph, blowing away a 1957 record
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019.
- Record breaking jet stream accelerates air travel
The river of air 35,000 feet above Earth clocked in at a blazing 231 mph over NYC, blowing away a 1957 record
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019.
Airliner wing visible during a flight
Related Directory Page(s)
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries