This Air Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Qatar Airways and Edinburgh Airport get high Covid-19 safety ratings
The UK-based air transport
rating agency carried out a safety audit of the measures in place to stop the spread of Covid-19 on Qatar Airways flights and at Edinburgh Airport.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- President Biden signs mask mandate via executive order for planes, trains, buses
President Joe Biden signed an executive order on Thursday that makes face masks mandatory for air travel
and other modes of commercial transportation.
Fox News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- President Biden signs burst of COVID-19 orders: 'Help is on the way'
Among the executive actions Biden signed is one with a requirement that Americans mask up for air travel
ABC News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- United Airlines tumbles after posting another big loss, warning about weak demand
United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby remained cautious about a recovery in air travel
and declined to project when the carrier will break even.
CNBC. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- What Awaits Raytheon Technologies (RTX) in Q4 Earnings?
Raytheon Technologies' (RTX) Q4 results are expected to reflect a slight improvement in global air travel
Zacks. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Richard Branson hopes Covid vaccination passports will allow for easier air travel
"Once vulnerable people, in particular, have been vaccinated, I think all kinds of businesses can start opening up again," Sir Richard Branson told CNBC.
CNBC. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Covid UK: DOUBLE checks to enter Britain as airlines and Border Force check for virus paperwork
Air travellers continued to face delays after landing in Britain this morning as Border Force officials checked each passenger arriving had a negative coronavirus test following new rules for UK arrivals.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- All arriving air travel passengers must get COVID-19 test, starting in 2 weeks, CDC says
Anyone flying to the U.S. will soon need to show proof of a negative test for COVID-19, health officials announced Tuesday.
ABC News. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Will you need a COVID-19 vaccine to fly in 2021?
This isn't the time to shove your travel fantasies to the back of your mental closet. Let's see what air travel, that magical carpet ride, has in store for us.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Airlines End 2020 on a Solid Note: More Rally Awaited in 2021?
The availability of vaccines is likely to boost air travel
in 2021. As a result, Delta (DAL), American Airlines (AAL), Southwest Airlines (LUV) and United Airlines (UAL) are likely to be aided by the uptick in passenger revenues.
Zacks. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Scientists Use Iron to Turn Carbon Dioxide Into Jet Fuel
If the chemical reaction at the heart of the process can be scaled up, it could help reduce the carbon footprint of air travel
Smithsonian. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
- Air Travellers Into North American Airports May Soon Need A Negative COVID-19 Test First
Air travelers to Canadian and American airports will now face a newly mandated COVID-19 test before they leave the ground in their point of departure.
Forbes. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- A Faster-Than-Expected Recovery In Air Travel And Other 2021 Predictions
The year ahead will see big challenges for the aviation industry, particularly regarding China, and larger jets. But economic and market indicators imply a more positive outlook than expected.
Forbes. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- US demands negative COVID test for all air travellers from the UK
Anyone travelling to the US from the UK must test negative for coronavirus within 72 hours of their proposed departure time in order to board the flight.
Sky News. Thursday, 24 Dec 2020.
- Coronavirus dampens Christmas joy in Bethlehem and elsewhere
The limits of air travel
and mass gatherings mean that many traditions will not be observed this year.
Fox News. Thursday, 24 Dec 2020.
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries