This Air Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air travel and air transport news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Coronavirus: General Electric cuts 369 jobs at Nantgarw
The firm is suffering after the drop of air travellers during the coronavirus pandemic.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- United Airlines Alerts 36K Workers About Potential Layoffs
United Airlines (UAL) contemplates mass-scale layoffs as air travel
demand remains suppressed thanks to rising coronavirus cases in the United States.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Gol Linhas (GOL) Traffic And Load Factor Plunge In June
Low air travel
demand due to COVID-19 pandemic dents Gol Linhas' (GOL) June traffic numbers.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Air travel jumps over July 4 weekend, but down more than 70% from 2019
Air travel continued to rebound over the July 4 holiday weekend but customer numbers are still down more than 70% from a year ago.
CNBC. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Boeing signals end of 747 jumbo jet - sources
Boeing Co and suppliers set the final number of parts it would need for the 747 jumbo jet program at least a year ago, signaling the end for a plane that democratized global air travel
in the 1970s. Francis Maguire reports.
Yahoo. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- Boeing shuts down 747 jumbo jet 50 years after its maiden flight as airlines shift to smaller planes
Boeing Co is pulling the plug on its 747 jumbo jet. The 747 democratized air travel
in the 1970s but fell behind modern twin-engine passenger jets.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Air travel in six months: What it will look like
Without a vaccine or an effective treatment against coronavirus, air travel
in January could look radically different than in 2019. ...
CNBC. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Ryanair boss says only way for tourism firms to recover is to slash prices
Michael O'Leary (pictured) said the only way his airline can recover is by slashing fares for the next year or two to encourage air travel
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Travel industry meets new demands for summer getaways amid COVID-19 pandemic
AAA says air travel
will only represent about 3% of summer travel this year, with most people taking to the roads as they look to get out of the house for the first time in months.
ABC News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Americans are turning to luxury RV travel in place of hotels and air travel this summer
Geneva Long, Bowlus Road Chief Founder & CEO, joined The Final Round to discuss the luxury RV travel industry and the surge in RV inquiries the company has seen over the past few months due to COVID-19.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Upper Crust owner SSP to cut up to 5,000 UK jobs
SSP Group has been hit badly by the reduction in train and air travel
caused by the coronavirus.
BBC News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- More than 700 easyJet pilots at risk of redundancy due to coronavirus
EasyJet has begun talks with unions on cutting up to 1,900 UK-based jobs including more than 700 pilots after the collapse in air travel
due to coronavirus.
Sky News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Business Jet Makers Downsize Despite Boon In Private Air Travel
Driven by virus concerns, private air travel
activity has been on a tear and has nearly recovered to pre-Covid levels. Counter-intuitively, business jet makers have laid off thousands.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- U.S. lawmaker says seeking bipartisan legislation on airline mask rules
A U.S. senator said on Wednesday he was hoping for bipartisan support in Congress for mandatory rules on masks for air travel
after the head of the Federal Aviation Administration again resisted calls for a mandate.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Embraer to receive $600 million loan, partly backed by government, due to coronavirus
Planemaker Embraer said on Monday it will receive a $600 million loan, financed partly by Brazil's government, to help the company weather the coronavirus crisis that has ravaged the air travel
Reuters. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
Air Transportation News Headlines and News Summaries