This Air Conditioning news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air conditioning and air conditioner news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 4 Air Conditioner & Heating Stocks to Watch in a Prospering Industry
Despite the pandemic-induced challenges, an improved residential market and technological development bode well for LII, AZEK, AAON, and FIX.
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Supply shortages and emboldened workers: A changed economy
Employees at a fast-food restaurant in Sacramento, California, exasperated over working in stifling heat for low wages, demanded more pay and a new air conditioner
- and got both. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 20 Dec 2021.
- Minds Might Be Better Focussed At COP26 If Negotiators Had To Walk Through These Pollution Pods
Polemical installation on COP26 fringe by Scottish artist Michael Pinsky uses scent generators, air conditioners, and fog machines to mimic the smell, temperature, and air quality of four badly polluted cities.
Forbes. Wednesday, 3 Nov 2021.
- Air conditioning units could spread COVID-19, research suggests
When the pandemic began, some hoped that the coronavirus would weaken in the summer heat. But cases have skyrocketed in the hottest parts of the country. Mounting evidence suggests that air conditioning
may be partly to blame. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Oct 2021.
- How hot is it inside Southern California's warehouses? Ask the workers at Rite Aid
Extreme heat is endangering California warehouse workers, who often labor without air conditioning
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- As heat waves intensify, access to air conditioning can mean life or death
Utilities have funds available to install air conditioning
in low-income households, but for one California family, help did not come soon enough.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- EPA moves to reduce super-polluting greenhouse gases
The EPA announced a new rule Thursday to reduce super-polluting greenhouse gases commonly used in air conditioners and refrigerators as part of the cooling process.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Biden EPA Cuts Dangerous Greenhouse Gases Used In Refrigerators, Air Conditioners
Industry groups support the rule, which will make regulations uniform and help create demand for alternative coolants.
Forbes. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Proviso West High School students complain of hot classrooms amid air conditioning system upgrade
Blistering temperatures inside Proviso West High School are prompting complaints and concerns from students.
ABC News. Thursday, 26 Aug 2021.
- Affordable housing project in Detroit suburb robbed of 80K in AC units
An affordable housing project in a Detroit suburb was robbed of $80,000 in air conditioning
Fox News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Fast Fixes for Your Air Conditioner
Summer is already in gear, with parts of the country experiencing record-breaking high temperatures, with more heat to come. ...
NBC. Wednesday, Jul 21 2021.
- How to survive the heat - from sleeping better to entertaining the kids and oven-free recipes
Few of us are fortunate to have air conditioning
systems in our homes (let's face it, there aren't many times during the year that's needed in the UK), but there are things you can do to cool down.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- 8 Creative Ways People Kept Cool Before Air Conditioning
People have come up with a range of ingenious, harebrained, and sometimes grim but often remarkable ways to stay cool during a summer scorcher.
Mental Floss. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- This Ultra-White Paint May Someday Replace Air Conditioning
Developed by researchers at Purdue University, the paint reflects 98.1 percent of sunlight
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
Air Conditioning News Headlines and News Summaries