This Air Conditioning news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air conditioning and air conditioner news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tesla is asked to recall 158,000 vehicles due to potentially dangerous display failures
NHTSA is asking Tesla to recall 158,000 Model S and Model X vehicles due to touchscreens failures that are impacting rearview mirrors and air conditioners that de-fog and defrost windows.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Queensland, Australia: Man finds a python lurking in an air conditioning unit - can you see it?
An observant Queenslander discovered the serpent on Saturday and called Snake Catchers Brisbane and Gold Coast to remove it.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- 3 Stocks Worth a Look From the Resilient Air Conditioner & Heating Industry
3 Stocks Worth a Look From the Resilient Air Conditioner
& Heating Industry
Zacks. Monday, 30 Nov 2020.
- Emerson's (EMR) Buyout of 7AC to Aid HVAC Product Lines
Emerson (EMR) acquires 7AC, enhancing its offerings in heating, ventilation and air conditioning
space. The acquired assets will be part of Emerson's Commercial & Residential Solutions segment.
Zacks. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- New Regulation Could Drive Growth In $4.1 Billion Gas Leak Detection Market
Air conditioning and refrigerator makers are using new gasses with lower global warming potential. There's a $4 billion opportunity to detect leaks in those volatile gasses.
Forbes. Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020.
- Control Your Home, Business, or Office's Temperature From Anywhere with This Smart Device
This Wi-Fi-enabled smart thermostat controller allows you to turn your air conditioner
or heat pump into a smart device.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 4 Nov 2020.
- Colorful perovskites: Thermochromic window technologies
Scientists report a breakthrough in developing a next-generation thermochromic window that not only reduces the need for air conditioning
but simultaneously generates electricity.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Air conditioning in ICUs with coronavirus patients putting doctors at risk, study claims
The researchers suggest that the coronavirus-infected air surrounding a patient in ICU is circulated, and over time the viral load increases putting anyone who is in that room at an increased risk for exposure.
Fox News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- 3 Ways To Invest In The Future Of Air Conditioning
Carrier, Trane and Johnson Controls are poised to tap growth in demand for air conditioning
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Wildfire Smoke Brings Worst Air Quality to Portland, Seattle
Public health officials warn residents to keep indoors with the windows shut, to set air conditioners to run on recirculated air and to use air purifiers if possible.
Voice of America. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- How a Louisiana Medical Team Protected COVID-19 Patients as Hurricane Laura Ravaged Lake Charles
Despite power outage, no running water, nor air conditioning, doctors, nurses, maintenance and cafeteria workers at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital kept working.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- Chemical fire breaks out in Hurricane Laura's wake
"Shelter in place, close your windows and doors and TURN OFF YOUR AIR CONDITIONING UNITS," Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards tweeted.
CBS News. Friday, 28 Aug 2020.
- This 'Cold Tube' can beat the summer heat without relying on air conditioning
The 'Cold Tube' can offer relief from the summer heat without relying on air conditioning
. It uses half the energy of conventional air conditioners and can be used outdoors or indoors.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 18 Aug 2020.
- Best air conditioner 2020: Keep yourself cool at home
Whether you're working from home or trying to relax, there's nothing like sweltering heat to make it hard to concentrate or take it easy. Air conditioning
Pocket Lint. Monday, 10 Aug 2020.
- Best fans 2020: Keep yourself cool while the heat rises
When the warmer months hit, we all start to wonder why we never installed air conditioning
as we swelter through those uncomfortable nights.During heatwaves,
Pocket Lint. Monday, 10 Aug 2020.
Air Conditioning News Headlines and News Summaries