This Air Conditioning news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air conditioning and air conditioner news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pullman Community Center says it's made $100K in repairs to relatively new Carrier AC units
People who run the Pullman Community Center say they have spent nearly $100,000 making repairs to relatively new air conditioning
ABC News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Sizzling temps scorch several parts of the U.S.
Nearly 100 million people across the U.S. were experiencing high temperatures Friday. In Buffalo, temperatures hit 91 degrees, while in Philadelphia, dozens of schools without air conditioning
were forced to close early. Meg Oliver reports.
CBS News. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Chicago issues reminder of residential cooling requirements
As the warm weather continues, the city of Chicago reminds everyone that certain buildings are required to protect residents with air conditioning
in all units or a cool central area.
ABC News. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- Dallas County Weatherization Assistance Program Helps Families With Air Conditioning
The Dallas County Health Department is helping families who don't have air conditioning
prepare for summer.
NBC. Tuesday, May 30 2023.
- The 7 Best Portable Air Conditioners To Browse Before Summer Arrives
The best portable air conditioners are efficient, low maintenance and can be moved from room to room. Here are our top picks.
Forbes. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- Emma Raducanu reveals her ultimate travel tips for the destinations she has visited as a tennis pro
In a new video, the British professional tennis player also shares her top tip for a stay in the 'futuristic' city of Dubai - make sure you have access to air conditioning, she says.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- We Are Cooling Ourselves Down While Heating The Earth: This Company Changes That
This week I met with Ran Roth, CEO, and co-founder of Sensibo, a company turning any air conditioner
into a smart device helping hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses save on energy, money, and emissions.
Forbes. Tuesday, 9 May 2023.
- My living hell at the hands of my violent ex - until five words to a taxi driver saved my life
Mother-of-two Rosie Frankish was battered and beaten by her ex-partner Daniel Little in a six-hour attack during which he smeared dog faeces into her face and threw hair conditioner into her eyes.
Daily Mail. Monday, 8 May 2023.
- Coronation carriage will be a more comfortable ride
Air conditioning and modern suspension will help with the King's procession to Westminster Abbey.
BBC News. Sunday, 9 Apr 2023.
- Coronation route: King and Queen Consort to use bumpy coach one way only
The route the King and Queen Consort will take to the coronation has been revealed - involving two gilded coaches, one of which has air conditioning
and shock absorbers.
Sky News. Sunday, 9 Apr 2023.
- Biden Admin Quietly Allowing Medicaid Funds To Cover Rent, Air Conditioning, Cooking Classes
'We already have the SNAP program'
Daily Caller. Monday, 13 Feb 2023.
- LG's new ArtCool Gallery air conditioner has a 27-inch display, will launch at CES
LG loves to drip feed its CES plans over the holiday season, often with a different product revealed each day.We've already learned about its new InstaView
Pocket Lint. Friday, 16 Dec 2022.
- U.S. ratifies global treaty to curb climate-warming chemicals in air conditioning, refrigeration
The Senate voted to ratify a global climate treaty that will phase down the use and production of HFCs, chemicals used in air conditioning
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Retail sales boosted by warm weather but inflation worries loom
The summer heatwave prompted shoppers to spend more on summer clothes, picnic food and air conditioning
in July, according to the latest figures.
Sky News. Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022.
- Spain Restricts Use of Air Conditioning in Public Places
The move comes as the European Union tries to limit its dependency on Russian oil and gas
Smithsonian. Monday, 8 Aug 2022.
Air Conditioning News Headlines and News Summaries