This Air Conditioning news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air conditioning and air conditioner news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How hot is it inside Southern California's warehouses? Ask the workers at Rite Aid
Extreme heat is endangering California warehouse workers, who often labor without air conditioning
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- As heat waves intensify, access to air conditioning can mean life or death
Utilities have funds available to install air conditioning
in low-income households, but for one California family, help did not come soon enough.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- EPA moves to reduce super-polluting greenhouse gases
The EPA announced a new rule Thursday to reduce super-polluting greenhouse gases commonly used in air conditioners and refrigerators as part of the cooling process.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Biden EPA Cuts Dangerous Greenhouse Gases Used In Refrigerators, Air Conditioners
Industry groups support the rule, which will make regulations uniform and help create demand for alternative coolants.
Forbes. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Proviso West High School students complain of hot classrooms amid air conditioning system upgrade
Blistering temperatures inside Proviso West High School are prompting complaints and concerns from students.
ABC News. Thursday, 26 Aug 2021.
- What We Have Learned From Old Houses During Covid
When Hamilton House was built in southern Maine around 1785, the invention of air conditioning
was still over two centuries away. Yet the house stays cool with natural ventilation.
Forbes. Monday, 23 Aug 2021.
- 4 Stocks to Gain From Promising Air Conditioner & Heating Industry
Despite tariffs and the pandemic-induced challenges, an improved residential market and technological development bode well for LII, WSO, AAON as well as FIX.
Zacks. Friday, 13 Aug 2021.
- After a Deadly Heat Wave, Air Conditioning Is Hot in Seattle
Triple-digit temperatures led to a spike in demand across the region.
New York Times. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Affordable housing project in Detroit suburb robbed of 80K in AC units
An affordable housing project in a Detroit suburb was robbed of $80,000 in air conditioning
Fox News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Fast Fixes for Your Air Conditioner
Summer is already in gear, with parts of the country experiencing record-breaking high temperatures, with more heat to come. ...
NBC. Wednesday, Jul 21 2021.
- How to survive the heat - from sleeping better to entertaining the kids and oven-free recipes
Few of us are fortunate to have air conditioning
systems in our homes (let's face it, there aren't many times during the year that's needed in the UK), but there are things you can do to cool down.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- 8 Creative Ways People Kept Cool Before Air Conditioning
People have come up with a range of ingenious, harebrained, and sometimes grim but often remarkable ways to stay cool during a summer scorcher.
Mental Floss. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Mom arrested on murder charges after her daughter, 5, died in a hot house
Kemaya Taylor, 23, of Las Vegas, has been charged with open murder and child abuse for the death of her five-year-old daughter, who was found inside an overheated bedroom with no air conditioning
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Seattle residents struggle to find ice and water amid record heat
According to U.S. Census data, fewer than half the city's residents have air conditioning, leaving people to try to find ways to cool off however they can.
CBS News. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- Temperature Records Fall as Heat Wave Builds in Northwest US
Stores sold out of portable air conditioners and fans, hospitals canceled outdoor vaccination clinics, cities opened cooling centers, sporting events were canceled and utilities braced for possible power outages.
Voice of America. Sunday, 27 Jun 2021.
Air Conditioning News Headlines and News Summaries