This Air Conditioning news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air conditioning and air conditioner news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- After a Deadly Heat Wave, Air Conditioning Is Hot in Seattle
Triple-digit temperatures led to a spike in demand across the region.
New York Times. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Affordable housing project in Detroit suburb robbed of 80K in AC units
An affordable housing project in a Detroit suburb was robbed of $80,000 in air conditioning
Fox News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Fast Fixes for Your Air Conditioner
Summer is already in gear, with parts of the country experiencing record-breaking high temperatures, with more heat to come. ...
NBC. Wednesday, Jul 21 2021.
- How to survive the heat - from sleeping better to entertaining the kids and oven-free recipes
Few of us are fortunate to have air conditioning
systems in our homes (let's face it, there aren't many times during the year that's needed in the UK), but there are things you can do to cool down.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- 8 Creative Ways People Kept Cool Before Air Conditioning
People have come up with a range of ingenious, harebrained, and sometimes grim but often remarkable ways to stay cool during a summer scorcher.
Mental Floss. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Mom arrested on murder charges after her daughter, 5, died in a hot house
Kemaya Taylor, 23, of Las Vegas, has been charged with open murder and child abuse for the death of her five-year-old daughter, who was found inside an overheated bedroom with no air conditioning
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Seattle residents struggle to find ice and water amid record heat
According to U.S. Census data, fewer than half the city's residents have air conditioning, leaving people to try to find ways to cool off however they can.
CBS News. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- Temperature Records Fall as Heat Wave Builds in Northwest US
Stores sold out of portable air conditioners and fans, hospitals canceled outdoor vaccination clinics, cities opened cooling centers, sporting events were canceled and utilities braced for possible power outages.
Voice of America. Sunday, 27 Jun 2021.
- Should remote workers be reimbursed for their energy bills?
Remote workers are powering their computers all day as temperatures rise, making air conditioning
a necessity, too.
CBS News. Friday, 25 Jun 2021.
- Cornerstone Baptist Church Offers Oak Cliff Residents Free Window Air Conditioning Units
Cornerstone Baptist Church announces its providing free air conditioning
units to qualifying residents in Oak Cliff.
NBC. Thursday, Jun 24 2021.
- A Record-Breaking Heat Wave Will Build Over The Northwest This Weekend
Some communities in the Pacific Northwest could break their all-time record high temperatures, a harrowing prospect in a region of the country where relatively few homes have air conditioning
Forbes. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- The Best AC Units to Keep Cool All Summer Long
Proper air conditioning
doesn't have to come at an exorbitant cost.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 10 Jun 2021.
- This Ultra-White Paint May Someday Replace Air Conditioning
Developed by researchers at Purdue University, the paint reflects 98.1 percent of sunlight
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- HVAC technician injured in South Carolina mass shooting dies; death toll brought to 6
A North Carolina air conditioner
technician critically wounded in a Wednesday evening mass shooting in South Carolina died on Saturday afternoon.
ABC News. Sunday, 11 Apr 2021.
- Air Conditioner & Heating Industry to Thrive: 4 Stocks in Focus
& Heating Industry to Thrive: 4 Stocks in Focus
Zacks. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
Air Conditioning News Headlines and News Summaries