This Air Conditioning news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air conditioning and air conditioner news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New 'super-white' paint reflects 95.5% of light off buildings and may replace air conditioners
Researchers at Purdue University have developed a new white paint that reflects 95.5 percent of sunlight and remains cooler than its surroundings even when the sun is at its peak.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Back corner of the classroom may be SAFEST spot in the room, study claims
US study found open windows, air conditioning
and perspex screens on each desk help reduce the circulation of aerosols. In a typical classroom, the far corners were the least saturated regions.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Colorful perovskites: Thermochromic window technologies
Scientists report a breakthrough in developing a next-generation thermochromic window that not only reduces the need for air conditioning
but simultaneously generates electricity.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Air conditioning in ICUs with coronavirus patients putting doctors at risk, study claims
The researchers suggest that the coronavirus-infected air surrounding a patient in ICU is circulated, and over time the viral load increases putting anyone who is in that room at an increased risk for exposure.
Fox News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- 3 Ways To Invest In The Future Of Air Conditioning
Carrier, Trane and Johnson Controls are poised to tap growth in demand for air conditioning
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Are Private Jets Ready For A Rating System?
When I recently bought $25 filters for my air conditioner, I was able to read customer reviews about dozens of sites and products. When you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a private jet charter, it's a different story.
Forbes. Sunday, 4 Oct 2020.
- Wildfire Smoke Brings Worst Air Quality to Portland, Seattle
Public health officials warn residents to keep indoors with the windows shut, to set air conditioners to run on recirculated air and to use air purifiers if possible.
Voice of America. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- How a Louisiana Medical Team Protected COVID-19 Patients as Hurricane Laura Ravaged Lake Charles
Despite power outage, no running water, nor air conditioning, doctors, nurses, maintenance and cafeteria workers at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital kept working.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- Chemical fire breaks out in Hurricane Laura's wake
"Shelter in place, close your windows and doors and TURN OFF YOUR AIR CONDITIONING UNITS," Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards tweeted.
CBS News. Friday, 28 Aug 2020.
- This 'Cold Tube' can beat the summer heat without relying on air conditioning
The 'Cold Tube' can offer relief from the summer heat without relying on air conditioning
. It uses half the energy of conventional air conditioners and can be used outdoors or indoors.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 18 Aug 2020.
- Best air conditioner 2020: Keep yourself cool at home
Whether you're working from home or trying to relax, there's nothing like sweltering heat to make it hard to concentrate or take it easy. Air conditioning
Pocket Lint. Monday, 10 Aug 2020.
- Best fans 2020: Keep yourself cool while the heat rises
When the warmer months hit, we all start to wonder why we never installed air conditioning
as we swelter through those uncomfortable nights.During heatwaves,
Pocket Lint. Monday, 10 Aug 2020.
- As temperatures rise with coronavirus cases, experts eye impact of air conditioning
Scientists are warily watching what potential impact retreating into air conditioned spaces may be having on the further spread of the coronavirus.
ABC News. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- Air conditioning units could spread COVID-19, research suggests
When the pandemic began, some hoped that the coronavirus would weaken in the summer heat. But cases have skyrocketed in the hottest parts of the country. Mounting evidence suggests that air conditioning
may be partly to blame. ...
CBS News. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
- France to ban heated terraces in cafes and bars
The new ecology minister says outside heating or air conditioning
is an "ecological aberration".
BBC News. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
Air Conditioning News Headlines and News Summaries