This Air Conditioning news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air conditioning and air conditioner news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Study says high-tech features in cars make driving more dangerous
Once upon a time, your dashboard only had a few buttons -- for the radio, heater, and maybe the air conditioner
. A study out Thursday found that GPS, social media, email and text have made driving more dangerous. Kris Van Cleave reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Newly opened campground in Maine offers a luxury experience
A newly renovated campground in Maine offers perks beyond the standard lodge and pool. Luxury tents offer air conditioning
and designer decor and you can even purchase a cabin for a cool $90,000. CBS 13's Katie Sampson reports.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- This Ultra-White Paint May Someday Replace Air Conditioning
Developed by researchers at Purdue University, the paint reflects 98.1 percent of sunlight
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Engineers have created 'the whitest paint yet'
Engineers have created 'the whitest paint yet', which reflects up to 98.1 per cent of sunlight. The coating could sufficiently cool off buildings to reduce the need for energy-sapping air conditioners.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- Sixth person dies after being shot by ex-NFL pro Phillip Adams in South Carolina
Robert Shook, 38, an air conditioning
technician from Cherryville, North Carolina, has died from injuries sustained in the Wednesday shooting while he was working at the home.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 11 Apr 2021.
- HVAC technician injured in South Carolina mass shooting dies; death toll brought to 6
A North Carolina air conditioner
technician critically wounded in a Wednesday evening mass shooting in South Carolina died on Saturday afternoon.
ABC News. Sunday, 11 Apr 2021.
- Air Conditioner & Heating Industry to Thrive: 4 Stocks in Focus
& Heating Industry to Thrive: 4 Stocks in Focus
Zacks. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
- Video shows moment NYC firefighter knocked unconscious from falling AC
An FDNY firefighter was knocked unconscious when an air conditioner
fell from a window and struck him in the head while he was battling a Brooklyn blaze on Monday morning, sources said.
Fox News. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- New Regulation Could Drive Growth In $4.1 Billion Gas Leak Detection Market
Air conditioning and refrigerator makers are using new gasses with lower global warming potential. There's a $4 billion opportunity to detect leaks in those volatile gasses.
Forbes. Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020.
- Control Your Home, Business, or Office's Temperature From Anywhere with This Smart Device
This Wi-Fi-enabled smart thermostat controller allows you to turn your air conditioner
or heat pump into a smart device.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 4 Nov 2020.
- Best air conditioner 2020: Keep yourself cool at home
Whether you're working from home or trying to relax, there's nothing like sweltering heat to make it hard to concentrate or take it easy. Air conditioning
Pocket Lint. Monday, 10 Aug 2020.
- Best fans 2020: Keep yourself cool while the heat rises
When the warmer months hit, we all start to wonder why we never installed air conditioning
as we swelter through those uncomfortable nights.During heatwaves,
Pocket Lint. Monday, 10 Aug 2020.
- As the world heats up, converting to energy-efficient cooling systems will curb greenhouse gas emissions
On the current climate change trajectory, 2020 will likely be among the hottest years ever. The number of air conditioning
units worldwide is expected to quadruple by mid-century.
CNBC. Friday, 17 Jul 2020.
- This Personal Air Conditioner Can Cool Down Your Home Workspace Without Breaking the Bank
This personal air conditioner
can cool down your home workspace in just 10 minutes at a fraction of the cost of a wall unit.
Mental Floss. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
Air Conditioning News Headlines and News Summaries