This Air Conditioning news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about air conditioning and air conditioner news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- U.S. ratifies global treaty to curb climate-warming chemicals in air conditioning, refrigeration
The Senate voted to ratify a global climate treaty that will phase down the use and production of HFCs, chemicals used in air conditioning
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- LogOn: Absorbent Powder Could Revolutionize Air Conditioning
As temperatures reach record highs worldwide, air conditioning
is becoming more of a necessity. From Somerville, Massachusetts, Matt Dibble has this story of a company hoping to make AC units more efficient.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 13 Sep 2022.
- The 8 Best Portable Air Conditioners To Keep You Cool And Comfortable
Portable air conditioners are a lot more powerful than tower fans, and unlike window units, can easily be moved from room to room. Discover eight of the best portable air conditioners to help you survive the heat.
Forbes. Monday, 12 Sep 2022.
- California governor urges residents to limit power use as THOUSANDS in San Fran area without power
Seven thousand homes were without power in the Bay Area on Tuesday afternoon, as a heatwave forced people to crank up the air conditioning
and leaving the power grid struggling to cope.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- More than 100 schools in Philadelphia forced to close early amid sweltering conditions
A lack of functioning air conditioning
has forced more than 100 schools to close their doors early in Philadelphia. It is not just the City of Brotherly Love that is in dire need of updated infrastructure. Elise Preston has more.
CBS News. Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022.
- Decoldest Crawford's air conditioning commercial has become a viral NIL hit
The Nebraska freshman with the unique name found a pitch-perfect partner for an NIL collaboration.
ESPN. Thursday, 18 Aug 2022.
- California power grid officials issue Flex Alert for Wednesday amid heat wave
High temperatures are expected to push up electricity demand, particularly from air conditioner
use, potentially exceeding available supplies.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022.
- The Best Portable Air Conditioners To Cool Off Any Space
From Black+Decker to Whynter, here are eight of the best portable AC units to help you survive the heat.
Forbes. Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022.
- Spain BANS people from having AC turned below 27C in summer or above 19c in in winter
With temperatures exceeding 102F today, under the new government decree, air conditioning
must now not exceed 80F (27 degrees Celsius).
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022.
- Father arrested for allegedly leaving 5 kids in car without air conditioning
The children, ages 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6, were either sleeping or passed out when officers pulled them from the car, police said. All were hospitalized.
CBS News. Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022.
- Retail sales boosted by warm weather but inflation worries loom
The summer heatwave prompted shoppers to spend more on summer clothes, picnic food and air conditioning
in July, according to the latest figures.
Sky News. Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022.
- Spain Restricts Use of Air Conditioning in Public Places
The move comes as the European Union tries to limit its dependency on Russian oil and gas
Smithsonian. Monday, 8 Aug 2022.
- British tourists will be 'roasted' in Spain after country passes strict air-conditioning rules
British tourists visiting Spain will be "roasted" under new energy-saving measures that bans air conditioning
from being set lower than 27C in the summer, a tourism chief has warned.
Sky News. Saturday, 6 Aug 2022.
- Air conditioning is a climate disaster and Bill Gates is investing in this startup to fix it
Blue Frontier's solution uses a salt solution as a liquid desiccant to do both the cooling and dehumidification work done by refrigerants today.
CNBC. Saturday, 30 Jul 2022.
- Spain heatwave: PM tells workers to stop wearing ties to save energy
Pedro Sanchez says it will reduce air conditioner
use and save energy as Spain endures a heatwave.
BBC News. Friday, 29 Jul 2022.
Air Conditioning News Headlines and News Summaries