This Agriculture news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about agriculture and agricultural news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Global Methane Emissions Reach a Record High
Scientists expect emissions, driven by fossil fuels and agriculture, to continue rising rapidly.
New York Times. Wednesday, 15 Jul 2020.
- Tennessee doubles reimbursement for farmer certification
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee agriculture
officials have doubled the reimbursement available for fruit and vegetable farmers who achieve a certification that lets them sell directly to customers. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- RSPCA attacks Liz Truss's trade panel as undermining Britain's world-leading food standards
The UK's largest animal welfare charity has warned that the new Trade and Agriculture
Commission is a 'Trojan horse' that risks undermining the nation's world-leading farm and food standards.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Britain's obsession with beef impacting Amazon rainforest wildfires
Brazil, home to two-thirds of the Amazon rainforest, is one of the riskiest countries from which the UK imports key agricultural
commodities, say the WWF and RSPB.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- West Virginia landowners can register for gypsy moth program
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - West Virginia agriculture
officials are asking landowners to register for a program to help slow the spread of gypsy moths. Application forms are available online and are being taken through Aug. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Agriculture - a climate villain? Maybe not!
The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) claims that agriculture
is one of the main sources of greenhouse gases, and is thus by many observers considered as a climate villain.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Commodity Weekly: NatGas Slumps, Copper Jumps as Virus Maintain its Grip
The commodity market with the exception of a few agriculture
markets are generally entering the second half on a firmer footing. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Governor Asks California County To Reimpose Stay-At-Home Order
Gov. Gavin Newsom said Friday that he wants an agricultural
Southern California county to reimpose stay-home orders amid a surge in positive coronavirus tests there and through much of the state.
Yahoo. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Agricultural conservation schemes not enough to protect Britain's rarest butterflies
Conservation management around the margins of agriculture
fail to protect butterfly species at greatest risk from the intensification of farming, a new study says.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Amazon Launches $2B Fund for Clean Tech
The Climate Pledge Fund will invest in companies across transportation, energy generation, battery storage, manufacturing, food, and agriculture
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Trump targets foreign workers with new visa freeze
Foreign tech workers, non-agricultural seasonal helpers, au pairs and executives will be affected.
BBC News. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Trump announces new visa restrictions on immigrant workers but exempts agriculture, food service, health
President Trump expands restrictions on U.S. visas to target temporary workers from tech to seasonal construction, but includes broad carve-outs.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- US says a UK trade deal 'unlikely' before November
America and the UK are at odds on a range of issues from agriculture
to to taxes on tech firms.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Namibia faces red locust invasion
Namibia's Ministry of Agriculture
said on Wednesday it had detected an outbreak of red locusts in central regions of the southern African country and had sent pest control teams to the affected areas.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- CORRECTED-Syngenta to roll out new digital ag tools in Brazil
Switzerland-based seed and crop protection company Syngenta has chosen Brazil as the initial market for a new digital agriculture
services platform intended to make local grain growers more competitive, a Syngenta executive told Reuters.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
Agricultural Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries