This Agriculture news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about agriculture and agricultural news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Arkansas Department of Agriculture promotes best burning practices for row crop fields
An annual, artificial haze is set to descend in the skies of the Arkansas Delta as the harvest makes way for the burning of row crop fields. ...
NPR. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Deere & Co. workers go on strike after rejecting contract
MOLINE, Ill. (AP) — More than 10,000 Deere & Co. workers went on strike Thursday, the first major walkout at the agricultural
machinery giant in more than three decades. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Prince Charles faces protest over 2,500 greenfield homes in Kent
The Duchy of Cornwall, the future king's estate, has been met with strong resistance over its 'masterplan' to build a huge housing estate on 320 acres of its Grade 1 agricultural
Daily Mail. Saturday, 9 Oct 2021.
- The Future Farmers of France Are Tech Savvy, and Want Weekends Off
An unconventional school wants to attract a new crowd to French agriculture, and help farms earn a profit.
New York Times. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Indian official's son faces probe over deadly attack on protesters
8 people were left dead after vehicles slammed into a group of farmers protesting agricultural
reforms, and a government minister's son is accused of plotting it.
CBS News. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Drought wants to knock out this small California town. The people who love it are trying to save it
Like many places in the American West dependent on agriculture, Stratford is now a shell of its once vibrant heyday. Ever-rising temperatures and years of drought are making it wither.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- Honeybees' waggle dance reveals those in rural areas travel further for food
Bees in urban areas had an average foraging distance of 1,614ft (492m), compared to 2,437ft (743m) for bees in agricultural
areas, experts at Virginia Tech and Royal Holloway University found.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- Nine people killed as farmers continue protests against agriculture laws in India
Nine people have died after a car owned by a junior minister allegedly ran over protesters in a deadly escalation of demonstrations against agriculture
laws in India.
Sky News. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- 5 Agriculture Operations Stocks to Watch Amid Supply-Chain and Cost Woes
Challenging supply-chain conditions and high input costs are expected to mar the Agriculture
- Operations industry. However, players like ADM, CTVA, AVO, AGRO and ALCO have placed themselves well with innovations and investments.
Zacks. Wednesday, 29 Sep 2021.
- Bill Gates invests $ 50 million in agricultural robots
Silicon Valley startup Iron Ox recently raised $ 50 million in a round led by the tycoon's Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Youth Competitors Welcome Return of State Fair
The mission of the State Fair is to celebrate Texas and that means promoting agriculture
. Nothing does that better than the shows and contests that attract youth from all over Texas.
NBC. Friday, Sep 24 2021.
- Biden Administration to Draft Rules on Workplace Heat Dangers
The move, aimed at protecting workers in sectors like agriculture
and construction, reflects a growing recognition of the health threats posed by global warming.
New York Times. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Blueberries for Europe: Portugal Mortgages Its Future for Present-Day Agricultural Profits
The berry market has transformed Portugal as plantations have sprung up in recent years. Conditions for workers are problematic and an already dry region is quickly using up its water supplies.
Spiegel Online. Monday, 20 Sep 2021.
- The Central Valley gives California a recall rarity: a squeaker of a race
In the agricultural
heart of California, where the drought weighs heavy and the pandemic even heavier, the recall results were nearly 50-50.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 18 Sep 2021.
- Meet 50 Latinas Who Are Innovating To Sustainably, And Deliciously, To Feed The World
From microalgae to upcycled beverages, they are building companies that will fundamentally change the food industry, from agriculture
to supply chain technology to food media.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
Agricultural Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries