This Agriculture news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about agriculture and agricultural news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- DeSantis' Democrat challenger compares him to Hitler: 'In a lot of ways'
commissioner and democratic gubernatorial candidate Nikki Fried compared the current governor to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler in an interview.
Fox News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Lindsay (LNN) Rides on Irrigation Demand Amid Cost Woes
Lindsay (LNN) is well-poised on improving agricultural
commodity prices that will drive farm income and thereby demand for irrigation equipment. High costs are anticipated to dent near-term margins.
Zacks. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Sara Menker and Gro Intelligence Are Tackling Global Hunger
The Ethiopian entrepreneur Sara Menker founded Gro Intelligence, which uses artificial intelligence to forecast global agricultural
trends and battle food insecurity.
New York Times. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Farmers who 'make space for nature' are to be handed millions
Ministers claim that plans unveiled today to overhaul agriculture
subsidies would turn 741,000 acres of England into wildlife habitats over the next 20 years.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- How to end your sugar addiction this new year
The average American consumes more sugar than recommended by the U.S. Department of Agriculture
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Syntropic agriculture: A new way of farming in dry climates?
Ernst Gotsch's method of agriculture
increases, rather than decreases, biodiversity and wildlife.
BBC News. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- Meet The Indian Researcher Helping To Solve The Deadly Aflatoxin Puzzle
scientist Pooja Bhatnagar-Mathur may hold the key to solving a major public health crisis, by using biotechnology to develop groundnut crops resistant to infection by a deadly-toxin-producing fungus.
Forbes. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- See How The Soybean Industry Is Adopting Precision Agriculture
More than half a million US soybeanfarmers are adopting digital transformation tools such as drones and artificial intelligence to manage their crops.
Forbes. Friday, 24 Dec 2021.
- 3 Agriculture Stocks Poised to Continue Winning Streaks in 2022
sector continues to gain from upbeat commodity prices. Nutrien (NTR), The Andersons, Inc. (ANDE) and CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (CF) are poised to benefit from this trend.
Zacks. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- UK postpones Jan 1 introduction of post-Brexit checks on goods from Ireland as border talks drag on
The checks on incoming goods from the European Union - covering mainly food and agricultural
products - are due to come into force on January 1.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 Dec 2021.
- US fails to address food insecurity, forcing community organizers to act
The United States Department of Agriculture
found that food insecurity has held steady from 2019 to 2020.
ABC News. Thursday, 25 Nov 2021.
- 'Wonder material': Rock silt released by melting glaciers could help in climate change fight, experts say
Melting Greenland glaciers are releasing nutrient-rich silt with potential agricultural
applications, according to experts in Copenhagen.
Sky News. Thursday, 18 Nov 2021.
- How smart tech is supporting smallholders in South Africa
Small farms in Africa struggle to compete with commercial agriculture
- can new platforms help?
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021.
- As infections rise, the San Joaquin Valley becomes the land of the eternal COVID surge
The San Joaquin Valley never fully recovered from a summer COVID-19 surge driven by the Delta variant. The rural, agricultural
region continues to be hard-hit by the virus.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 13 Nov 2021.
- Fruit-picking robot-maker Dogtooth harvests backing from prominent investors
A fruit-picking robotics business which has seen growing demand as a result of labour shortages in the agricultural
sector will next week unveil a multimillion pound fundraising involving prominent venture capital investors.
Sky News. Friday, 5 Nov 2021.
Agricultural Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries