This Agriculture news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about agriculture and agricultural news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- India's capital sees severe smog hours after Donald Trump described the country's air as 'filthy'
Smoke from agricultural
burning, vehicle fumes and industrial emissions - combined with cooler temperatures and slow-moving winds turns air in New Delhi, India into a toxic soup every winter.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Tennessee warns of credit card skimmers at gas pumps
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Department of Agriculture
is warning drivers to look out for credit card skimmers at gas pumps. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Agriculture Bill: Lords win vote to protect post-Brexit standards
Lords vote to require post-Brexit trade deals to meet UK safety rules, in ongoing tussle with Commons.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- MINETTE BATTERS of the National Farmers' Union wants your support
Running a farm is not only a daily way of life for those of us in the agricultural
sector but a vital part of our national heritage - and our future - that is valued by millions, writes MINETTE BATTERS.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Debate in crucial Senate race shows Iowa's Joni Ernst doesn't know beans about soy
Ernst flubbed an agriculture
answer in Thursday's debate, but Democrat Theresa Greenfield has taken a polling lead due to a focus on health care.
Yahoo. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Teen agriculture students' racehorse fetches $238k at Japan auction
The lucky bidder says he "fell in love with it at first sight," but the 18-year-old students won't see a penny of the windfall.
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- New global temperature data will inform study of climate impacts on health, agriculture
A new data set provides high-resolution, daily temperatures from around the globe that could prove valuable in studying human health impacts from heat waves, risks to agriculture, droughts, potential crop failures, and food insecurity.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Agriculture bill: Bid to protect post-Brexit food standards rejected
MPs overturn a Lords amendment requiring trade deals to meet post-Brexit UK food standards.
BBC News. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Argentina becomes first country to approve genetically modified wheat
Argentina has become the first country to approve the growth and consumption of genetically modified wheat, the country's agriculture
ministry announced Thursday.
Yahoo. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- New research sheds light on the reluctance of farmers to adopt new technologies
Research sheds new light on a long-standing obstacle to improving agricultural
productivity in developing countries: the reluctance of small-scale farmers to adopt modern technologies because of the risks associated with them.
Science Daily. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Indoor farming start-up with Martha Stewart on its board joins the SPAC craze to go public
"We're on a warpath here to change agriculture
for the good, get chemical pesticides out, get labor practices we can all be proud of," AppHarvest CEO Jonathan Webb told CNBC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- AGTECH+ HACKATHON: THE FUTURE OF FOOD & AGRICULTURE
The Future of Food & Agriculture
will convene the Forbes Under 30 community to address urgent challenges facing our global food system.
Forbes. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Why You Should Buy Advanced Drainage Systems (WMS) Stock Now
Advanced Drainage Systems' (WMS) stable end-market demand, acquisitions, and improved residential as well as agricultural
markets are likely to help it grow further.
Zacks. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Indian farmers protest, fear exploitation by private players
NEW DELHI (AP) - Hundreds of Indian farmers took to the streets on Friday to protest new laws that the government says will boost growth in the agricultural
sector through private investments. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- House Democrats hope to pass funding bill to avert partial government shutdown
A mini-furor over farm subsidies that would give the administration continued immediate authority to dole out Agriculture
Department farm bailout funds is threatening to delay passage of the measure.
ABC News. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
Agricultural Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries