This Aerospace news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aerospace news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 3,000 British Rolls-Royce staff apply for voluntary redundancy
In a bid to cut costs, the embattled engine maker is cutting 9,000 jobs globally, including around 8,000 in its civil aerospace
arm amid a significant drop in demand triggered by the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- NASA hits Boeing with 80 recommendations before next space test
NASA has drawn up a list of 80 recommendations that US aerospace
giant Boeing will have to address before attempting to refly its Starliner space capsule, following the failure of an uncrewed test last year. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus UK: Airbus axes 1,400 jobs at North Wales plant
Job cuts planned by Airbus include 1,435 at its plant in Broughton, north Wales, and 295 at Filton, Bristol, the aerospace
company has announced today.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Plane-maker Airbus to cut 15,000 jobs
firm blames coronavirus for the cuts, warning of 1,700 job losses at its UK plants.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Amazon's AWS establishes new aerospace cloud unit as Jeff Bezos increases bets on outer space
Amazon Web Services, the cloud-computing branch of the e-commerce giant, is further expanding its services in the growing space industry.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- US Mulls More Tariffs on EU Goods : Aerospace Stocks in Trouble?
The possible enforcement of an additional $3.1-billion tariff comes after the United States levied $7.5-billion tariffs on aircraft and other goods from the European Union last October.
Zacks. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Maxar's $140 million buyout of 3D analytics firm will 'supercharge' satellite imagery, CEO says
Space company Maxar Technologies is taking full ownership of 3D analytics firm Vricon from Swedish aerospace
CNBC. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- How Former Raytheon CEO Bill Swanson Went From Aerospace To Winemaking
Bill Swanson, retired Chairman and CEO of Raytheon Technologies, says making wine is like building an aircraft...read why.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Lockheed (LMT) Clinches $16M Deal to Modify F-35 Program
Lockheed's (LMT)F-35 program is supported by an international team of leading aerospace
majors, which makes the program reliable and attractive
Zacks. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Cyber spies use LinkedIn to hack European defence firms
Hackers posed as recruiters working for U.S. defence giants Collins Aerospace
and General Dynamics on LinkedIn to break into the networks of military contractors in Europe, cybersecurity researchers said on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- UPDATE 1-French aerospace crisis plan could total 10 bln euros -Les Echos
A French emergency plan for the aerospace
industry to be unveiled this week could be worth up to 10 billion euros ($11.3 billion), including an expected 1 billion euro investment fund, business newspaper Les Echos reported on Sunday.
Reuters. Sunday, 7 Jun 2020.
- Rolls-Royce to cut 700 jobs at Renfrewshire plant
The Derby-based firm has begun the process by offering voluntary redundancy to everyone across its UK civil aerospace
BBC News. Wednesday, 3 Jun 2020.
- All-women Delta crew flies 120 girls to NASA to encourage female aviators
To celebrate International Girls in Aviation Day, Delta took 120 girls, ages 12 to 18, to NASA's headquarters to learn about STEM and careers in aviation and aerospace
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Cobham offloads first unit since £4bn Advent takeover
The new owner of Cobham, the British aerospace
group whose £4bn takeover became mired in controversy last year, is plotting the sale of a subsidiary that provided wireless coverage inside the London 2012 Olympic stadium.
Sky News. Tuesday, 19 May 2020.
- Coronavirus: Chinese-owned Gardner hunts new backers
A Chinese-owned British aerospace
firm which has been at the centre of a national security investigation is trying to raise tens of millions of pounds in new funding to help it through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sky News. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
Aerospace Firms News Headlines and News Summaries