This Aerospace news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aerospace news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Evidence is building that China and Russia's long-haul passenger plane won't arrive on time
The two countries want to smash the civil aerospace
duopoly enjoyed by Airbus and Boeing.
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- 3 Defense Stocks to Dodge the Trade War
The Aerospace-Defense industry has been an incredible performer so far this year, up 37.7% compared to a 12% gain for the S&P 500. ...
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Is Northrop Grumman (NOC) Outperforming Other Aerospace Stocks This Year?
Is (NOC) Outperforming Other Aerospace
Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Norad intercepts 2 Russian bombers over Beaufort Sea
The North American Aerospace
Defence Command said it identified and intercepted two bombers on Thursday.
CBC News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- JP Morgan: 'Defense is a haven again,' buy while global uncertainty persists
and defense stocks are a good entry point into the market amid a confusing macroeconomic landscape, according to J.P. Morgan.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Extended transcript: SpaceX CEO Elon Musk on putting boots on the moon and Mars
The founder and CEO of SpaceX discusses the aerospace
company's ambitions for flying humans to the moon and Mars, the importance of reusable in rockets, and the inspiration of Douglas Adams
CBS News. Sunday, 4 Aug 2019.
- Hyperloop hits a new top speed: Prototype pod reaches 288 mph in Elon Musk's competition
The record was set as a part of a competition hosted by SpaceX, Musk's private aerospace
company, and marks the fourth consecutive occasion that the team has won.
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- SpaceX's Elon Musk says he can put a man on Mars in four years
Preview: The aerospace
entrepreneur tells "CBS Sunday Morning" he is thinking bigger, and faster, about manned missions to the Moon and the Red Planet
CBS News. Friday, 19 Jul 2019.
- X-ray mapping enhances potential of lightweight magnesium
Engineers have discovered a technique for creating stronger, lightweight magnesium alloys. This finding could be of significant benefit to the automobile and aerospace
Science Daily. Friday, 19 Jul 2019.
- Prince Charles shares a laugh with dignitaries as he arrives at a flight training centre
Prince Charles, 70, visited the L3Harris technologies' London training centre in Crawley, West Sussex, an aerospace
and defense technology innovator that offers training to airline pilots.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019.
- Iran displays debris, says US spy plane near drone
The head of the Revolutionary Guard's aerospace
division has said that a manned US spy plane was near a surveillance drone it shot down but Iran chose not to target it.
Yahoo. Friday, 21 Jun 2019.
- Boeing apologises for 737 MAX crashes as Paris Air Show opens
A top Boeing executive apologised Monday for two crashes of 737 MAX jets that together killed 346 people, disasters which have pushed safety to the top of the agenda as aerospace
firms gathered for the opening of the Paris Air Show. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 17 Jun 2019.
- Why is Scotland a prime rocket launch site?
Scotland has a number of regions which look attractive to aerospace
groups - and interest is far from waning.
BBC News. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- Kentucky is training veterans for aerospace, aviation jobs
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - A new program in Kentucky is training veterans with aviation or power plant mechanics experience to become Federal Aviation Administration certified. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Airbus CEO says all planemakers to suffer from 'lose-lose' trade war
Airbus Chief Executive Guillaume Faury warned on Thursday any further escalation of trade tensions would damage aerospace
firms globally, including the European planemaker's U.S. rival Boeing.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Aerospace Firms News Headlines and News Summaries