This Advertising news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about advertising and advertise news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Labour boycotts Facebook for a month over race content
Labour has dropped all Facebook advertising
in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement, saying it has a 'duty to stop the spread of hate'.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Labour joins Facebook advert boycott over 'hateful material'
The party says it will not advertise
on the site "in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter" movement.
BBC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Facebook Reportedly Considers Political Ad Ban For 2020 Election
Advertisements spreading election-related misinformation were a major issue in 2016.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Column: Facebook fails to control hate speech. Will an advertiser boycott change anything?
It's long past time for Facebook to take complaints about hate speech and misinformation as more than occasions for navel-gazing.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Facebook Oversight Board says it won't get started until late fall
The Facebook Oversight Board is stalling its launch as advertisers boycott the social media giant over content on its platforms.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Facebook stock hits record high of $247.65 per share despite ad boycott
Facebook's stock hit a record high of $247.65 per share early Tuesday morning despite hundreds of businesses pulling advertisement as part of a boycott over hate speech on the site.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- TikTok's new offering for small advertisers could help it lure them from Facebook
TikTok has officially opened up its "self-serve" platform that lets companies buy and manage ad campaigns directly, a move to lure the ad dollars of small and medium-sized businesses.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Advertising blitz over Illinois progressive tax vote kicks off with Pritzker donation
Voters will decide whether Illinois will move to a progressive tax from a flat tax this November, and the advertising
blitz is already underway.
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Verizon Boosts Shark Experience With Customer Engagements
Verizon (VZ) is enabling more customer engagements in Shark Experience to help advertisers reach to a greater pie of consumers.
Zacks. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Advertisers Boycott Facebook, Demand Changes
Among demands, slap labels on misinformation posted by politicians related to political and voting matters.
Voice of America. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- For 'Insta-brands,' boycotting Facebook advertising isn't easy
For companies whose entire livelihood depends on finding customers through Facebook and Instagram ads, the prospect of joining a boycott of those platforms raises a unique dilemma.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Zuckerberg hits back at Facebook boycott
boycott wants Facebook to do more about hate speech and misinformation.
BBC News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Telecom Stock Roundup: Verizon Boycotts Facebook Ads, Nokia Inks New 5G Deal & More
While Verizon (VZ) boycotts advertising
campaigns in the social media platform of Facebook, Nokia (NOK) secures 5G deal with Taiwan Mobile.
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Amid Facebook boycott over hate speech, ads for 530 brands set to disappear from platform
Advertisements for 530 brands -- including Unilever, Adidas, White Castle, Starbucks and Coca-Cola -- are set to disappear from Facebook starting today as the Stop Hate for Profit boycott campaign gets going.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Despite growing ad boycott, Facebook is too big for many advertisers to ignore
Despite a growing advertising
boycott, many companies can't ignore Facebook.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries