This Advertising news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about advertising and advertise news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- UK watchdog may block Google's ad shake-up for years
The Competition and Markets Authority is weighing up proposals to put the update on ice over fears that it could crush advertising
revenues at smaller rivals.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Coca-Cola and Pepsi won't be advertising their namesake sodas during the Super Bowl
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo will not be advertising
their namesake sodas with Super Bowl commercials this year.
CNBC. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- TV ads for insurance companies that feature NFL quarterbacks greatly outperform other ads
Insurance firms will see more attraction around their NFL ads, according to advertising
metrics data firm EDO.
CNBC. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- 4 trends that will mark digital marketing in 2021
One of the biggest challenges advertisers and media will face in 2021 is being able to communicate with consumers and transact effectively in a cookie-free world.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- 5 Digital Advertising Tips That You Need to Know
Read this before beginning any online promotional campaigns.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Property guardian firm advertising rooms in 'derelict' London buildings for 'extortionate rates'
Property company Global Guardians has been slammed for advertising
'derelict properties' in London for the same 'extortionate rates' as standard private rents.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Cord-Cutting To Accelerate In 2021, With 27 Percent Of Cable Households Disconnecting
More than a quarter of cable-TV subscribers plan to cancel their packages this year, a survey suggests. Advertisers are already shifting, especially to connected TV, but need to upgrade their teams' skill sets for the new opportunities.
Forbes. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- What you need to know about NHL rule changes for this season
From on-ice tweaks to major new policies for contracts and rosters to COVID testing and all those new advertisements, get caught up here.
ESPN. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- Covid-19: 'Act like you've got' the virus, government urges
campaign warning people not to get complacent comes as 1,325 deaths are recorded in the UK.
BBC News. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- Emotionally appealing ads may not always help consumer memory
Emotional appeals in advertisements may not always help improve consumers' immediate recall of a product, says a new article.
Science Daily. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Roku Stock: Potential To Hit $500?
Roku Inc stock (NASDAQ: ROKU), a company that sells streaming media players, digital content, and advertising, saw its stock rally by an impressive 135% in the last one year. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- CEO Secrets: 'Try bartering to kickstart your business'
The boss of an advertising
screens company says he used barter to get a prime London office location.
BBC News. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Ascend Lead Sites is ready to elevate agents in 2021
Rebranded from Zephyr Leads, Ascend Lead Sites focuses on offering IDX-powered websites for lead generation that rests on a fully featured CRM, content management system and a menu of digital advertising
Inman. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Sorrell enters post-Brexit era with double US takeover swoop
The marketing services tycoon Sir Martin Sorrell will this week swoop to make two US additions worth more than $200m (£146m) to his digital advertising
Sky News. Sunday, 3 Jan 2021.
- Shirley Young, Businesswoman and Cultural Diplomat to China, Dies at 85
Breaking barriers she rose in the advertising
industry before General Motors took her onboard. She later used classical music to forge closer ties between Americans and the Chinese.
New York Times. Sunday, 3 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries