This Addiction news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about addiction and addictive news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Gambling addiction clinic first to target vulnerable young
The NHS is to open its first gambling addiction
clinic for young people.
BBC News. Monday, 24 Jun 2019.
- Cops bring addiction counselor on drug raids to fight opioid crisis
In a city known as the "Overdose Capital of America," police are trying something new in their battle against drug abuse. Sharyn Alfonsi reports.
CBS News. Friday, 21 Jun 2019.
- Police departments rethink approach to battling addiction crisis
As the epidemic continues to break records, police departments are shifting strategies of how they interact with people with addiction
Fox News. Thursday, 20 Jun 2019.
- FDA proposes tighter opioid rules that would make new drugs less addictive
Under the proposal, drugmakers would have to say whether their drug has "any characteristics that would mitigate the risks of overdose, abuse or the development of addiction
CNBC. Thursday, 20 Jun 2019.
- How to quit Juuling, according to addiction experts - CNET
Eight tips from doctors, psychologists and addiction
specialists to help you quit your Juul or other e-cigarette for good.
CNET. Thursday, 20 Jun 2019.
- Should we dislike the 'Like' button?
Social media companies know approval can be addictive, so how should we manage the compulsion to be liked?
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 Jun 2019.
- After Heroin Nearly Killed Him, Brandon Stump Got Sober and Founded a Company With More Than $21 Million in Sales
The CEO of Charlie's Chalk Dust gives an unflinching look at the horrors of heroin addiction, and how he was able to turn his life around.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 17 Jun 2019.
- Meth In The Morning, Heroin At Night: Inside The Seesaw Struggle of Dual Addiction
Many users now mix opioids with stimulants such as meth and cocaine. Researchers say efforts to get doctors to reduce opioid prescriptions may have driven some users to buy meth on the street instead.
NPR. Monday, 17 Jun 2019.
- SGB, Huntington, WV, Game of Thrones
SGB: A possible breakthrough treatment for PTSD; then, cops bring addiction
counselor on drug raids to fight opioid crisis; and, behind the scenes on "Game of Thrones"
CBS News. Monday, 17 Jun 2019.
- Architecture For Landmark Nationwide Opioid Settlement Unveiled
If finalized, such a deal could funnel tens of billions of dollars to American communities struggling with the addiction
crisis, while restoring stability to one of the country's biggest industries.
NPR. Friday, 14 Jun 2019.
- Commentary: Using health IT to combat the opioid crisis
Targeting physician prescribing patterns offers a promising opportunity to stem the tide on opioid addiction
and overdose deaths, and health information technology can be a powerful tool to achieve this goal.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 13 Jun 2019.
- Formation of habitual use drives cannabis addiction
A shift from brain systems controlling reward-driven use to habit-driven use differentiates heavy cannabis users who are addicted to the drug from users who aren't, according to a new study. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 13 Jun 2019.
- Atheist nurse's fight against mandatory AA will go before B.C. Human Rights Tribunal
A B.C. nurse who lost his job when he refused to attend a 12-step program for addiction
will get a chance to argue he was discriminated against as an atheist.
CBC News. Wednesday, 12 Jun 2019.
- Why fears over smartphone 'addiction' are based on flawed evidence
Researchers say fears over smartphone 'addiction' are based on flawed evidence. Surveys are often used to understand how people use their smartphone, but these are poorly related to actual smartphone use when measured with an app. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 12 Jun 2019.
- What is Apple Screen Time and how does it work?
Screen Time looks to address growing concerns around increasing device usage, smartphone addiction
and social media impacting on mental health.The idea
Pocket Lint. Monday, 10 Jun 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries