This Accounting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Two Retired Accountants Toured The U.S. In An RV And It Cost $209 Per Night
We retired from our accounting
practice in 2018 and hit the road in our RV, visiting 46 of the lower 48 states. Here's what it cost us.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Justice Department charges 3 Iranians for widespread hacking scheme
Among the targets of the alleged hacking scheme were two accounting
firms, a shelter for domestic violence victims and two regional utility companies.
CBS News. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- The Age Of Digital; Music Executive Reacts To The Impact Of Digitalization In The Music Industry
According to the RIAA, Revenues from streaming music grew 26% to $5.9 billion in the first half of 2021, accounting
for 84% of total music revenues for the period and a 4% climb from 2019 levels. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- Block (SQ) Focuses on Small Businesses With Square-Sage Tie-Up
Block's (SQ) Square joins forces with Sage to integrate its point-of-sale software with the latter's accounting
Zacks. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- EY to Split Accounting and Consulting Businesses
The firm, commonly known as Ernst & Young, announced a plan to separate into two companies, one that does mainly auditing work and the other consulting and advisory work.
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- Bed Bath & Beyond taps chief accounting officer as interim CFO after executive's suicide
The company is also looking for a new CEO after its board ousted Mark Tritton in June.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Spotlight falls on Revolut after regulators flag up flaws in audit
Revolut - founded by Nikolay Storonsky - has been revealed as the firm whose audit by accountant
firm BDO was criticised as 'inadequate'.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
- Liz Truss: Who is the next prime minister married to?
with an interest in politics but not ice skating is set to be the next prime ministerial spouse.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
- Liz Truss's accountant husband Hugh O'Leary is by her side as she wins the Tory leadership
Hugh O'Leary was at the announcement in Westminster today, the first high-profile joint appearance by a hitherto private couple.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
- Trump search inventory shows empty folders marked 'classified,' mixed top-secret and unclassified items
The list unsealed Friday provides a detailed accounting
of what the FBI found at Mar-a-Lago.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 2 Sep 2022.
- Trump and accounting firm agree to give financial records to House Oversight Committee in deal to end court battle
The House Oversight Committee for more than three years has sought financial records of former President Donald Trump as part of an investigation.
CNBC. Thursday, 1 Sep 2022.
- Charlie Crist, running for governor, resigns from Congress
With Crist's resignation, and accounting
for the two outcomes of the special elections in New York earlier this month, Democrats now control 220 seats in the House compared to 212 for Republicans.
CBS News. Thursday, 1 Sep 2022.
- The Comedy Store sues accountant over missed $8.5 million in COVID relief funds
After seeing its business drop 90% due to the pandemic, West Hollywood's iconic Comedy Store claims that its accountant
mishandled its COVID relief funds.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022.
- Beijing Nears Deal to Let US Inspect Chinese Company Records in Hong Kong
The United States and China are nearing an agreement allowing American accounting
regulators to travel to Hong Kong to inspect audit records of U.S.-listed Chinese companies, The Wall Street Journal was first to report Thursday. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 26 Aug 2022.
- First-time homebuyers may be driving FHA, VA loan surge
Applications for government-backed purchase mortgages were up 4 percent week over week, accounting
for nearly 1 in 4 loan requests from homebuyers, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Inman. Wednesday, 24 Aug 2022.
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries