This Accounting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Accountant's epic homemade New York cheesecake looks like it came from a professional kitchen
The amateur baker from Miami, Florida said her trick is to bake the dessert at a high then low temperature, without opening the oven door.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Big Four face revolution in the audit industry
watchdog has told EY, PwC, KPMG and Deloitte they must submit plans by October on how they will split their audit arms from their consulting businesses.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Wirecard HQ raided by police as fraud probe gathers pace
Police and prosecutors have raided the headquarters of beleaguered payments firm Wirecard as part of a fraud investigation relating to its £1.7bn accounting
Sky News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- The wealthy are prepping for tax increases with these three strategies
Accountants and tax lawyers say they're seeing surge in calls and emails from wealthy clients asking about actions they can take now to avoid tax hikes in 2021 and beyond.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Hidden wine cave, $110 million parking bill: Energy collapse wasn't only thing that sank Chesapeake
The fracking giant's bankruptcy filing followed an accounting
mess at the company that included no budgets, a massive wine collection and a nine-figure bill for parking garages.
CNBC. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Addressing Diversity, Army Will Remove Photos of Officer Candidates in Promotion Reviews
The move, part of an accounting
on race underway at the Pentagon, is a tacit acknowledgment of how much race still plays a part in decisions about who should advance.
New York Times. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- All About the 24-Inspired Kevin Malone Episode of The Office That Never Happened
We may not have ever seen a '24'-inspired 'The Office' episode all about Kevin Malone, but at least we got to see everyone's favorite accountant
drop a giant pot of chili.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- German company Wirecard files for insolvency following accounting scandal
BERLIN (AP) - German company Wirecard files for insolvency following accounting
Washington Times. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Former Wirecard boss arrested amid scandal over missing €1.9bn
The former chief executive of payments firm Wirecard has been arrested amid an accounting
scandal that centres on a missing €1.9bn (£1.7bn).
Sky News. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- GE Names New Auditor For The First Time In Over A Century
General Electric announced Monday that it named a new independent auditor for the upcoming fiscal year and would be parting ways with KPMG, the major accounting
firm that has filled the role for more than a century.
Forbes. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Demonstrations Force America to Reckon With Contentious Past
Protests have expanded to include demands for a more honest accounting
of American history. An Air Force sergeant linked to an anti-government movement was charged with murder.
New York Times. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Chile says accounting errors led to omission of 31,000 coronavirus cases
A rash of accounting
glitches in Chile led to the omission of more than 31,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, or nearly one-sixth of the country's total so far, health officials said on Tuesday.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Outside panel to review Samsung heir Lee's case: Seoul prosecutors
An outside panel will weigh the validity of an investigation into Samsung Group heir Jay Y. Lee over a 2015 merger and alleged accounting
fraud, the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office said on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- The firm using online yoga and baking to boost staff morale
Accountants MKS has laid on a wide array of activities on Zoom to keep staff spirits high while working from home.
BBC News. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Petrobras' May Fuel Export Creates Milestone Despite Coronavirus
Petrobras (PBR) ships 1.11 million tons of fuel oil in May, accounting
for 10% growth from the previous record set in February this year.
Zacks. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries