This Accounting news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cost accounting adoption, slow for decades, now at hyper speed
Experts in healthcare cost accounting say such methods should be activity-based and incorporate time-driven costing and automation.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Fitness instructor reveals SIX moves to improve your flexibility while sitting at your desk
Accountant Andrzej Zawadzki, 31, who also teaches spinning in London, shared a short routine that will help keep you supple, even if you spend hours staring at your screen.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- STR: Canada Hotel Construction Down 8.7% In April
HENDERSONVILLE, Tennessee -- STR's pipeline data for Canada showed 63 hotel projects accounting for 8,011 rooms in construction as of April 2019. ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- STR: Asia/Pacific Hotel Construction Up 23.3% In April
LONDON -- STR's pipeline data for the Asia Pacific region showed 1,892 hotel projects accounting for 423,343 rooms in construction as of April 2019. ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Loan charge - retrospective tax bills for freelancers
IT contractors, oil and gas workers, locum doctors, social workers and nurses who took advice from accountants, recruitment firms and tax advisers face unexpected tax demands.
BBC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- West Virginia accountant indicted on charges of bank fraud
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) - A West Virginia accountant accused of stealing more than $1 million from a client's account has been indicted on federal charges of bank fraud. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Why you should treat everyone like a client from the moment you meet
Successful real estate agents foster a relationship dynamic in which clients and potential clients start thinking of them like their other service providers, such as their accountants, their dentists and their hair stylists.
Inman. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Ailing Goals loses chief Anson to run Team GB
The listed 5-a-side football venue operator Goals Soccer Centres is losing its chief executive weeks after seeing its shares suspended over a £12m accounting blunder.
Sky News. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- South Korea orders arrest of two Samsung Electronics officials over affiliate's accounting scandal
A South Korean court said on Saturday it had approved warrants to arrest two senior officials at Samsung Electronics in relation to an alleged accounting fraud at the tech giant's biopharma affiliate.
Reuters. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- A malware attack against accounting software giant Wolters Kluwer is causing a 'quiet panic'
A major accounting software provider to U.S. firms was hit by a malware attack on Monday, and many customers still can't access client data.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Rita Ora's former accountant jailed over £3m fraud
An accountant with high-profile clients such as singer Rita Ora and World Cup-winning rugby player Matt Dawson has been jailed for more than five years, after he committed a £3.35m fraud.
Sky News. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Rita Ora and Matt Dawson fraudster accountant jailed
Accountant Andrew Munday used money from the fraud to buy houses, and Star Wars and football memorabilia.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Autism in the workplace: A spectrum of hiring choices
Like many transplants to Chicago, Chris Easton needed to adjust to winter after moving from Atlanta to take a job as a database engineer at the accounting firm EY.
Reuters. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- "Avengers: Endgame" surpasses $2 billion in ticket sales
"Endgame" is one of five movies to ever reach that threshold and, not accounting for inflation, is now second worldwide only to "Avatar's" $2.8 billion
CBS News. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- New Brexit Party treasurer is father of ex-Page Three model married to Nat Rothschild
Phillip Basey, accountant and father of ex-topless model Loretta, has been appointed as the new Treasurer for the Brexit Party after the previous incumbent was removed over anti-semitic posts.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
Accounting word cloud
Related Directory Page(s)
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries