This Accounting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Craft breweries face bitter battle
There were 45 insolvencies in the year to the end of March, up from 15 the year before, figures from accountant
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Jeffrey Epstein sent letter to Larry Nassar before suicide, records show
Documents obtained by the AP provide the most complete accounting
to date of Epstein's detention and death, and its chaotic aftermath.
CBS News. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Accountant sues ex-Olympic fencing husband for age discrimination
Eleanor Belson took spouse Tim to an employment tribunal, claiming he was 'ageist' in ending their marriage and making her redundant from his upmarket jewellery business.
Daily Mail. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Harlan Crow Refuses to Give Senators Information About Gifts to Clarence Thomas
Judiciary Committee members had asked for an accounting
of gifts and travel provided to Justice Clarence Thomas.
New York Times. Tuesday, 23 May 2023.
- England captain says most sportswomen need back-up careers - as she trains to be accountant
England captain Leah Williamson has said it's important sportswomen have another qualification in their locker "in case anything goes wrong".
Sky News. Sunday, 21 May 2023.
- Pentagon Can Send Additional Military Aid To Ukraine After Spotting $3 Billion Accounting Error
Defense Department officials had overvalued the cost of some weapons sent to Ukraine earlier.
Forbes. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Pentagon Says Accounting Mistake Frees Up $3 Billion More for Ukraine
The Biden administration has been under bipartisan pressure to explain how it intended to continue sending weapons to Ukraine quickly without asking Congress for more money.
New York Times. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Copart's (CPRT) Q3 Earnings and Revenues Beat Estimates
Copart's (CPRT) third-quarter service revenues, accounting
for 82.9% of total sales, came in at $847.2 million, outpacing the consensus mark of $814 million.
Zacks. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Sudan's Darfur conflict: Why an accountant took up arms
Sudan's western region of Darfur has seen some of the worst fighting recently, including ethnic attacks.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- Alternative Tax Thinker Trying The Puerto Rico Gambit
To an accountant
who thinks in double entry Brian's theory doesn't even make good nonsense.
Forbes. Tuesday, 16 May 2023.
- Mother, father and daughter to graduate from same university together
Ashley is majoring in education, while her mother, Robyn, is earning a master's degree in accounting
and her father, Greg, is majoring in business.
CBS News. Thursday, 11 May 2023.
- Financial Freedom for Small Business Owners: A New Era of Accounting Solutions
Did you know that over 50% of small businesses fail in the first five years? In most cases, a lack of financial freedom is the main reason these businesses ...
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
- Tax coding error hits staff at big four accountant KPMG
The big four accountancy firm KPMG is racing to resolve an embarrassing administrative mix-up which has left British-based employees being given erroneous information about their tax payments.
Sky News. Wednesday, 3 May 2023.
- Ernst & Young to Cut 3,000 Jobs Due To 'Overcapacity' and 'Current Economic Conditions'
The layoffs will impact nearly 5% of the accounting
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023.
- From swimming pools to gardening, the rich's privileged lifestyles are driving urban water crises, study says
The study found that despite accounting
for a small percentage of the population, the rich use over half of the water consumed in Cape Town.
CNBC. Thursday, 13 Apr 2023.
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries