This Accounting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance already has some of Donald Trump's tax returns
Vance (left) is waiting on a Supreme Court decision that could force Trump's accounting
firm Mazars USA to hand over his tax records from 2011 to 2018, but has already obtained some of the information.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Here's How to Save Time and Money This Tax Season
Stop paying accountants when you can just use QuickBooks.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Sir Brian Leveson publishes first report on Boohoo's supply chain overhaul
Following the revelations retired judge Leveson was hired in November to oversee Boohoo's so-called Agenda for Change with accountants KPMG tasked with independently tracking its progress.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Petrobras (PBR) Draws Record Oil in 2020 Despite Coronavirus
Petrobras' (PBR) 2020 pre-salt production sums 1.86 million barrels of oil equivalent per day, accounting
for 66% of its total output.
Zacks. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- AP Fact Check: Trump's Claims of Fake Georgia Votes are Unfounded
President Donald Trump put forth an array of fuzzy accounting
and false claims in a phone call to Georgia's secretary of state seeking a reversal of his election defeat.
Voice of America. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Learn the Foundations of Business and Personal Finance With This 12-Course Bundle
to personal finance, learn how to manage money smarter.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- Accountants Plead Guilty On $1.2 Billion In Bad Charitable Deductions
It's a great unveiling that stands before us as appraisers and accounting
firms begin buckling under the pressure. None of this is rocket science, just good old tax evasion served up on a new platter. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- Rollins (ROL) Appoints Patrick Gunning to Board of Directors
Gunning brings accounting
management, financial reporting and leadership experience to Rollins (ROL).
Zacks. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- UK has 819,000 fewer paid employees since coronavirus crisis began
The latest job statistics show 819,000 fewer people in payrolled employment since the start of the coronavirus crisis in the UK - with the hospitality sector accounting
for a third of the figure.
Sky News. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Predicting epilepsy from neural network models
A new study shows how 'tipping points' in the brain, responsible for diseases including epilepsy, can be better predicted by accounting
for branches in networks of neurons.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020.
- How Much Debt Is Too Much?
The accountants can only offer so much insight. Growth prospects are key.
Forbes. Monday, 7 Dec 2020.
- Bill Forcing Chinese Firms to Meet US Accounting Standards Passes Congress
Trump expected to sign it into law.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 2 Dec 2020.
- 1 Percent of P.P.P. Borrowers Got Over One-Quarter of the Loan Money
Newly released data gives the most detailed accounting
yet of the pandemic aid provided to 5.2 million businesses that sought forgivable loans.
New York Times. Wednesday, 2 Dec 2020.
- No hugs or kisses and a warning to St Nick - how Europe is spending Christmas
for a quarter of the world's coronavirus cases and deaths, it was inevitable Europe would be having a much more muted Christmas this year.
Sky News. Wednesday, 25 Nov 2020.
- Best Buy just had its best quarter in 25 years with home delivery, curbside pickup sales
Much of the chain's growth came from delivery and curbside pickup sales. Online sales boomed 174% last quarter, accounting
for more than a third of their sales.
ABC News. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries