This Accounting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Used car sales fell just 9% in first quarter of 2021 despite lockdown
The used market is still almost entirely dominated by petrol and diesel sales, accounting
for 97% of all transactions, with diesel appetite and values increasing.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Children make up 20% of all new COVID-19 cases in the U.S.
Overall U.S. COVID-19 cases have fallen to fewer than 50,000 - a figure not seen since October - the share of cases among kids is near an all-time high, accounting
for 22.4% of cases.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- The Job That Set Up John D. Rockefeller to Become a Business Titan
has opened opportunities for a practicing accountant
to turn into a thriving entrepreneur.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Free Webinar | April 28: How Digital Technology Will Help Your Business Thrive
Xero, a small business accounting
platform, believes they know the secret to helping your business thrive during the Covid-19 pandemic. The answer is in their data.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- Resurrecting The PCAOB: Undoing One More Piece Of Damage From The Trump Administration
One of the largely unknown damages done by the Trump administration is the evisceration of the Public Company Accounting
Oversight Board under Chair William D. Dunkhe. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 25 Apr 2021.
- KPMG's first female chief in talks about leaving firm
The first woman to head KPMG, one of Britain's big four accountants, is in advanced negotiations to leave the firm after being unexpectedly passed over for the top job.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Peter Thiel and Hulk Hogan tag-teamed Gawker, and other MoneyWatch headlines
Silicon Valley billionaire funded Hulk Hogan privacy lawsuit; key oil benchmark surges past $50 a barrel; Alibaba's accounting
practices under investigation. These and other headlines from CBS MoneyWatch.
CBS News. Saturday, 17 Apr 2021.
- Top Indian vaccine maker's production capacity is reportedly 'stressed' as Covid-19 cases rise
Since the start of April, India has reported more than 779,000 cases, with Maharashtra accounting
for just over half of them.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- Greensill Capital: The Collapse of a Company Built on Debt
Greensill Capital promised a win-win for buyers and sellers, until it all fell apart, igniting concerns about opaque accounting
New York Times. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- How To Find The Perfect Accountant For Your Business In 4 Simple Steps
Looking to find the perfect accountant
for your business? Start with these four steps.
Forbes. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- Jeff Bezos-backed accounting start-up hits $1.2 billion valuation after new funding round
start-up Pilot raised a $100 million funding round led by Jeff Bezos and his venture capital firm.
CNBC. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- Accountants: Government to break up dominance of Big Four firms
Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng wants to restore confidence in business after high profile failures like Carillion.
BBC News. Thursday, 18 Mar 2021.
- IRS to delay tax filing deadline until May 17
Accountants had pressed the tax agency for more time given the challenges of dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
CBS News. Wednesday, 17 Mar 2021.
- PayPal (PYPL) Offers Support to Black Community With Tie-Ups
PayPal (PYPL) collaborates with CodeHouse, INROADS and the National Association of Black Accountants to bolster efforts to support the black community.
Zacks. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
- More women than men furloughed as 4.7 million use scheme
There were an estimated 4.7 million employees furloughed at the end of January with women accounting
for the majority of the number, according to provisional Treasury figures.
Sky News. Thursday, 25 Feb 2021.
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries