This Accounting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 7 Low Price-to-Sales Stocks Likely to Deliver Robust Value
Price-to-sales is often preferred over price-to-earnings as companies can manipulate their earnings using various accounting
Zacks. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- Eddie Stobart boss quits and shares are frozen as it probes accounting glitch
The company, whose investors include under-fire fund manager Neil Woodford, said it is still unsure how badly the accounting
error will effect its half-year profits.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- The Latest: Accountants march to support Hong Kong protests
HONG KONG (AP) - The Latest on Hong Kong (all times local): 3:30 p.m. Accountants in Hong Kong have demonstrated in support of the city's pro-democracy protests, becoming the latest profession to back the movement publicly. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- Hong Kong accountants join protests, but they're 'civilized and calm'
Accountants in Hong Kong took to the streets on Friday to call for the government to accept five demands of the people, including the complete withdrawal of a now-suspended extradition bill.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- New Accounting Rules Limit Transparency And Harm Investors
We raise awareness for both regulators and investors of how recent changes in disclosures affect average investors.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Disney accountant turned whistleblower accuses employees of inflating revenue
Sandra Kuba has accused her former colleagues of inflating gift card sales and complimentary services at Disney. The ex-accountant said that the manipulated figures overstate billions of dollars in revenue.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- GE stock issues more detailed response to fraud investigator
The conglomerate's head of investor relations released a more detailed statement about accounting
practices under fire from Harry Markopolos.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Why You're Avoiding Bob From Accounting And How To Stop
Buster Benson defines a disagreement as "an unacceptable difference between two perspectives." When we avoid disagreements, we just push them further down into ourselves. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 18 Aug 2019.
- GE faces allegations of accounting fraud "bigger than Enron"
Investigator Harry Markopolos, who warned regulators about Bernard Madoff, alleges GE engaged in a $38 billion fraud
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Comstock Resources (CRK) Q2 Earnings Miss, Output Ramps Up
Comstock Resources' (CRK) second-quarter natural gas production, accounting
for 91% of the total output, climbs 88% from the same period last year.
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- STR: Caribbean/Mexico hotel construction up 33.9% in July
STR's hotel pipeline data for the Caribbean/Mexico region showed 155 projects accounting
for 31,968 rooms in construction as of July 2019. ...
Hsyndicate. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- STR: Central/South America hotel construction down 7.1% in July
STR's hotel pipeline data for the Central/South America region showed 160 projects accounting
for 21,937 rooms in construction as of July 2019. ...
Hsyndicate. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Is Your Accountant a Wimp?
Why your accountant
actually wants you to pay more in taxes.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- Ascena Retail Group names Dan Lamadrid CFO
Ascena Retail Group has named its senior vice president, finance and chief accounting
officer, Dan Lamadrid, as its new executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Just Style. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Cybercrime is going up across Canada and most cases remain unsolved
People are using the internet to commit crimes more than ever before, with women twice as likely than men to be targeted and with fraud accounting
for half of all reported cybercrime cases across Canada.
CBC News. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries