This Accounting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump and company could be under investigation for bank and insurance fraud, Manhattan DA Vance reveals
Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr. urged a judge to dismiss President Donald Trump's latest effort to prevent prosecutors from getting the president's tax returns and other records from his accountants.
CNBC. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- 'Major incident' in locked down Manchester as coronavirus cases keep going UP
With Greater Manchester accounting
for seven of the 20 worse hit areas of England, officials banned members of different households from mingling at home or in pubs and restaurants.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- South Africa passes 500,000 confirmed coronavirus cases
South Africa surpassed 500,000 coronavirus cases Saturday, accounting
for 50 percent of the continent's reported cases -- and officials have warned that the country has not yet reached its peak in the pandemic.
Fox News. Saturday, 1 Aug 2020.
- China says to penalise Luckin Coffee for accounting fraud
Chinese regulators said they would penalise Luckin Coffee after confirming accounting
fraud that has already forced the company to delist from the U.S. Nasdaq exchange. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- How to Get a Year Subscription to QuickBooks for Nearly 40 Percent Off
The world's leading accounting
software is now on sale.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
- Here's what small business owners, many cash-strapped, want from the next GOP coronavirus bill
Entrepreneurs who are cash strapped and took an initial Paycheck Protection Program loan may have another opportunity to borrow. Meanwhile, accountants say it will take more than just additional PPP proceeds to keep firms afloat.
CNBC. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- Five Ways You Can Easily Improve Your Accounting Strategy During A Downturn
Lean on your accounting
team to assess business continuity and profitability.
Forbes. Wednesday, 22 Jul 2020.
- 5 Easy Ways to Increase Your Profit Without Bringing in a Sale
Have you taken a look at your internal accounting
structure? If not, you may be leaving money on the table.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 20 Jul 2020.
- What Entrepreneurs Really Need To Know About Accounting
Here's a look at what entrepreneurs really need to know about accounting
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jul 2020.
- Callers were forced to wait 15 minutes to talk taxes with HMRC in May
Callers were put on hold for an average of 14 minutes, 59 seconds in May, up from six minutes, 43 seconds in March, according to analysis of data by accountants UHY Hacker Young.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 Jul 2020.
- Woeful quality check results must set alarm bells ringing over audits
profession has received many broadsides from its regulator, the Financial Reporting Council (FRC), some of which have had more impact than others.
Sky News. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- California Closes Down as COVID Cases Rise
The most populous 30 counties in the state, accounting
for 80% of California's population, are being particularly affected.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Wirecard HQ raided by police as fraud probe gathers pace
Police and prosecutors have raided the headquarters of beleaguered payments firm Wirecard as part of a fraud investigation relating to its £1.7bn accounting
Sky News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Addressing Diversity, Army Will Remove Photos of Officer Candidates in Promotion Reviews
The move, part of an accounting
on race underway at the Pentagon, is a tacit acknowledgment of how much race still plays a part in decisions about who should advance.
New York Times. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- All About the 24-Inspired Kevin Malone Episode of The Office That Never Happened
We may not have ever seen a '24'-inspired 'The Office' episode all about Kevin Malone, but at least we got to see everyone's favorite accountant
drop a giant pot of chili.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries