This Accounting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Covid variant that originated in Colombia has been detected in Miami - accounting for 10% of cases
The Colombian B.1.621 variant is starting to spread in Miami, according to a health official. Unnamed variant accounted for 70 percent of cases in Colombia at one point.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Venerable State Street Launches Digital And Cryptocurrency Asset Support Services For Institutional Clients
Through a partnership with a trusted accounting
firm and data provider, State Street is looking to make it easier for institutions to manage their digital asset investments.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Britney Spears requests Jason Rubin be named conservator: 5 things to know about the accountant
A look at Jason Rubin, the accountant
that Britney Spears and her attorney Mathew Rosengart have officially requested to replace her father Jamie as her conservator.
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Britain's accounting watchdog blasts KPMG
The Financial Reporting Council said performance at the Big Four bean-counter had not improved and that it would now be 'closely monitoring' the firm.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Become Your Own Accountant with This QuickBooks Training
Take a deep dive into payroll, bookkeeping, and much more.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- How the U.S. became the world's new bitcoin mining hub
The U.S. is the second-biggest mining destination on the planet, accounting
for nearly 17% of all the world's bitcoin miners.
CNBC. Saturday, 17 Jul 2021.
- On CRM: The Best CRM For An Accounting Firm Is Probably No CRM
One of the things we do quite badly is use customer relationship management systems.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Oatly accused of overstating revenue and greenwashing by activist short Spruce Point
Activist short Spruce Point Capital Management has accused Oatly of shady accounting
practices and misleading investors about its sustainability practices.
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Derby County to play in Championship after EFL decide not to appeal against fine
Derby avoid relegation after the EFL choose not to appeal against a decision to just fine the club for their accounting
BBC News. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Every Business Owner Needs a Financial Education
skills are extremely valuable as they can help save your business money.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Allen Weisselberg, Trump accountant, surrenders to New York prosecutors in 'active, ongoing investigation'
Trump's company and his longtime accountant
Allen Weisselberg have reportedly been indicted in Manhattan. Charges are expected to be announced Thursday.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Man Sentenced For Claiming COVID-19 Benefits While Incarcerated
and fraud-related issues have negatively affected the efficient distribution of CARES-act-related benefits
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- Auditors for Greensill Capital and Gupta-owned Wyelands Bank face scrutiny
watchdog has opened investigations into the audits of Greensill Capital UK and Wyelands Bank, adding to the flood of scrutiny on their operations.
Sky News. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- He's been Trump's tight-lipped accountant for decades. As New York prosecutors close in, will he keep quiet?
As New York prosecutors dig further into Trump Organization's finances, the former president's fate may depend on his accountant, Allen Weisselberg.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- Female soldiers in Texas bases face highest risk of sexual assault and harassment
Female soldiers at Army bases in Texas, Colorado, Kansas and Kentucky face a greater risk of sexual assault and harassment than those at other posts, accounting
for more than a third of all active-duty Army women sexually assaulted in 2018.
Fox News. Friday, 18 Jun 2021.
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries