This Accident news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about accidents from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 3 Die in National Guard Helicopter Crash Near Rochester
The helicopter, which was on a routine training mission, crashed in a field. The cause of the accident
is under investigation.
New York Times. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Heart-wrenching BBC documentary tells harrowing stories of disability hate crime in Britain
Former NHS nurse Ailsa, from Northern Ireland, became wheelchair-bound following a road accident
and appears on BBC2's Targeted: The Truth about Disability Hate Crime tonight.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Covid-19 is blamed for spike in AVALANCHE deaths
So far this winter, 14 people have died as a result of avalanche accidents
in Switzerland, including eight people over the last weekend alone - against a yearly average of eight.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Is Apex Legends coming to Nintendo Switch soon? Accidental leak suggests it is
Apex Legends was a hit when it first released and though gamers could play on PC, PlayStation and Xbox, mobile and Switch gamers were left wanting. Is
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Does IRS Tax Legal Malpractice Settlements?
Legal malpractice claims arise out of accident
and medical malpractice cases, wills and trusts, divorce, litigation, tax advice, real estate deals, and many other types of legal matters. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Baby giraffe dies after mom accidentally steps on its neck
The zoo explained that their animal care team intervened, but couldn't save the calf's life.
CBS News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Surat accident: Truck crushes 15 migrant workers to death in India
They were sleeping on the pavement next to a motorway when a truck ran them over in Gujarat state.
BBC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Experts working 'flat out' to fix issues caused by wiping of 400,000 police records
The home secretary has said experts are working "flat out" to fix the problems caused by the accidental deletion of hundreds of thousands of police records.
Sky News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Newborn giraffe dies when mother accidentally steps on its neck after giving birth
A newborn giraffe has died in a tragic accident
shortly after it was born when it was stepped on by its own mother.
ABC News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- How Miami Mayor Francis Suarez is luring tech players from Silicon Valley and New York
Suarez's schedule and phone have blown up since he accidentally launched a Twitter campaign to make Miami the latest innovation hub in early December.
CNBC. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Man makes last-ditch effort to recover $280 million in bitcoin he accidentally threw out
A British man who accidentally threw out a hard drive with a trove of bitcoin wants local city officials to let him search for it in a landfill site.
CNBC. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- More Women Are Aware Of Pain During Cesareans Than First Thought, Study Suggests
C-sections have become increasingly common over the last few years and are considered safe. However, an audit has suggested accidental awareness in birth-related procedures is. much more common.
Forbes. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Starmer urges home secretary to 'take responsibility' over 400,000 wiped police records
Sir Keir Starmer has called on the home secretary to "take responsibility" for hundreds of thousands of police records which were accidentally deleted from a national database.
Sky News. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Uzbek Jailed After Questioning Compensation Following Deadly Dam Accident
An Uzbek man has been jailed after complaining about corruption in the distribution process of housing compensation for those who lost their properties when a dam burst last year.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Alison Lapper's son Parys died of 'accidental overdose'
Inquest heard Parys Lapper, 19, whose mother posed for a sculpture while pregnant, was 'not ready to be helped'.
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
Accident Attorneys News Headlines and News Summaries