This United States news page includes recent news headlines, articles, and citations about the United States of America from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nokia Deploys 400G Core IP Network With Windstream Tie-Up
Nokia (NOK) partners with Windstream to expand core IP network capacity by leveraging its 7750 service router platform for enhanced connectivity solutions in the United States.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Boeing Wins $150M Missile Defense Contract for GMD System
Boeing's (BA) GMD system is the United States' only operationally deployed missile defense program capable of defending the entire U.S. homeland against long-range ballistic missile attacks.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- AOC defends rise in NYC crime saying people are 'stealing bread to feed their children'
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, was asked about soaring crime in NYC and replied: 'Do we think this has to do with the fact that there's record unemployment in the United States right now?'
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Mask Use Emphasized as US Grapples With Coronavirus Surge
With more than 3 million cases and over 137,000 deaths, the pandemic is taking a heavy toll on the United States as the number of new infections continues to rise.
Voice of America. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Florida shatters largest single-day record of coronavirus infections in US while world sees cases spike
Florida set a new national record for the largest daily increase in coronavirus cases in the United States on Sunday, while infections continue to spike around the world.
Fox News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- WHO reports record daily increase in global coronavirus cases, up over 230,000
The biggest increases were from the United States, Brazil, India and South Africa, according to a daily report. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- High temperatures impact 54million Americans living in the Sun Belt already dealing with COVID
Some 54 million people are expected to have temperatures reach 100 degrees or more across the United States.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Canteen cup left behind by South Dakota GI found in Germany
BROOKINGS, S.D. (AP) - In October 1944, four months following the June 6 D-Day landings in Normandy, France, United States Army units were on the verge of bringing the ground war into Germany itself. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- U.S. Nears 60,000 New Daily Covid-19 Cases: Live Updates
The number of daily global cases also broke a record, with the United States as the biggest source of new infections. The U.S. death toll is also on the rise.
New York Times. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- HHS allocates Gilead's COVID-19 drug remdesivir to four hardest hit states
The U.S. government has allocated more than 11,000 courses of Gilead Sciences Inc's COVID-19 treatment remdesivir to the four states now being hardest hit by the fast-spreading outbreak in the United States. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Supreme Court will hear case on Federal Housing Finance Agency
The United States Supreme Court, which begins its next session in October, will determine if the structure of the Federal Housing Finance Agency is constitutional.
Inman. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Tailgating tradition takes on new form as opera goes virtual
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Tech executive Peter Batty has been making the trip to New Mexico's high desert almost every summer since 1996 to get his opera fix at one of the most famous venues in the United States. Not this year. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- The Killing of Qassim Suleimani Was Unlawful, Says U.N. Expert
The United States provided no evidence that its fatal January drone strike against General Suleimani was in response to an imminent threat, said a United Nations special rapporteur.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Community initiative increases teenage use of effective contraception
Study finds that teenagers utilize Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) at a rate five times higher than the United States as a whole.
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- The Far-Reaching Consequences of Siberia's Climate-Change Driven Wildfires
Smoke from the blazes is now reaching the West Coast of the United States
Smithsonian. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
Related Directory Page(s)
United States Regional News Headlines and News Summaries