This Wind Energy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about wind energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Abu Dhabi renewables leader chooses wind energy for its first North American investment
While the exact dollar value of the deal has not been disclosed, Masdar's leadership described it as being "north of $100 million."
CNBC. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- 3rd firm confirms bid on New Jersey wind energy project
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - A third firm has confirmed that it's interested in building a wind energy project off the New Jersey coast. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- 3 firms eye building wind energy turbines off New Jersey
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - At least three firms are interested in building offshore wind energy projects off the coast of New Jersey. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- BP to Divest Three Wind Energy Plants in Texas to Ares
BP is restructuring its portfolio for the long term and thus divesting three wind energy plants.
Zacks. Monday, 24 Dec 2018.
- Upwind wind plants can reduce flow to downwind neighbors
New research highlights a previously unexplored consequence of the global proliferation of wind energy facilities: a wake effect from upwind facilities that can reduce the energy production of their downwind neighbors.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 18 Dec 2018.
- At least 3 construction-related fires broke out at Ontario wind farm weeks before massive wildfire
At least three construction-related fires broke out at the site of Ontario's largest wind energy project in the weeks leading up to Parry Sound 33, the massive wildfire that destroyed thousands of hectares of wilderness last summer. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- Building a wind farm now cheaper than running a coal plant
Competition is pushing the cost of solar and wind energy to record lows, according to Lazard
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Despite Hurdles, Offshore Wind Energy Potential Is Generating Hype In the U.S.
New York State is soliciting bids to build 800 megawatts of offshore wind energy while New Jersey aims for 3,500 MW by 2030. Hurdles abound, but the Energy Department says the potential capacity for such energy is 2,000 GW.
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018.
- Coal-dependent Poland shifts on wind ahead of climate meeting
Restrictive legislation introduced by Poland's right-wing government in 2016 threw a spanner into the works for onshore wind energy, but the easing of some measures now promises to get the sector spinning. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 4 Nov 2018.
- Renewables are now 'cheaper': Global Wind Energy Council
Coal is "seen as a default" by some authorities, but these are decisions that can be changed, says Ben Backwell of the Global Wind Energy Council.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Oct 2018.
- Google's Energy Kite May Take Off Soon. Can It Rise Above Wind Turbines?
Google's Makani Energy Kite is reportedly nearing take off. A former director of ARPA-E, the government incubator that nurtured the kite's early development, says it could disrupt wind energy.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Oct 2018.
- Reality Check: Which form of renewable energy is cheapest?
Caroline Lucas MP says that onshore wind energy is the cheapest. What are the figures behind her claim?
BBC News. Friday, 26 Oct 2018.
- Australia backs hydrogen project to store renewable energy
The Australian government said on Monday it would provide half the funding for the country's biggest trial to produce hydrogen using solar and wind energy, which could then be used as a back-up for gas supplies.
Reuters. Sunday, 21 Oct 2018.
- Tiny Wind Turbines Offer Sustainable Urban Alternative to Large Fans
When you think of wind energy, you tend to think of the massive constructs that dot hilly landscapes or the ocean horizon. ...
Voice of America. Sunday, 21 Oct 2018.
- Majority of Scots support onshore wind energy - survey
The poll questioned 1,036 people across the country.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
Windmill for energy production
Related Directory Page(s)
Wind Energy Systems Providers News Headlines and News Summaries