This Warehouse news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about warehouse and warehousing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amazon issues no-deal advice to UK sellers
The online retail giant has advised UK businesses to consider moving stock to their European warehouses.
BBC News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Exclusive: For $18.5 Million, a Studio Where Ziegfeld Dreams Were Invented
A former warehouse in West Chelsea, once the domain of a famed Broadway set designer and now home to a fashion studio, goes on the market.
New York Times. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Dead baby found in restroom at Amazon warehouse in Phoenix
The baby girl was reportedly found in a rubbish bin of a toilet in the secure Amazon facility.
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Body of newborn baby girl found in toilets at Amazon warehouse
A newborn baby girl has been found dead in a rubbish bin in a women's toilet at an Amazon warehouse.
Sky News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Syria says Israel fired missiles toward Damascus, hit airport warehouse
The Syrian state news agency said Israeli warplanes fired a number of missiles toward the Damascus area on Friday, triggering Syrian air defense that shot down most of them.
Reuters. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Carmaker Rolls-Royce urges UK's May to avoid a hard Brexit
Carmaker Rolls-Royce called on the British government to avoid a disorderly Brexit and said it was building up some stock, expanding warehouse capacity and training suppliers for customs changes in case Britain leaves the EU without a deal.
Reuters. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- The surge in online-shopping returns has boosted the warehouse sector
Warehouse construction is booming, especially near large cities and transportation hubs. The national vacancy rate is 4.3 percent, the lowest in 20 years, according to CBRE.
CNBC. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Amazon (AMZN) Faces Strike Hurdles Before Epiphany in Spain
Amazon's (AMZN) workers at its biggest warehouse in Spain have called for a two-day strike alleging poor working conditions and less pay.
Zacks. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Around 120 firefighters tackle 'significant' Croydon blaze
Around 120 firefighters and 20 fire engines are tackling a blaze at a self-storage warehouse in Croydon, the London Fire Brigade has said.
Sky News. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- How giving jobs to stray cats helps keep their numbers in check
A new Ontario SPCA program aims to match unsocialized cats with farms, warehouses and breweries where they can work as mousers.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- Nurses at border urge Trump to stop "warehousing" migrant children
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is doing medical exams on thousands of children in its custody, after the death of a second migrant child this month. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 27 Dec 2018.
- Rent for Industrial Real Estate Rising at Double-Digit Rates
Rents for industrial real estate, which is mainly warehouses, are rising at double-digit rates in more than a dozen US markets due to the growth of e-commerce.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018.
- Officials seek cause of massive warehouse fire; no injuries
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A massive fire at a paper recycling facility in Philadelphia was brought under control after numerous firefighters battled the blaze for several hours. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 24 Dec 2018.
- Life as a Runway: What 8 Holiday Shoppers Wore to Industry City in Brooklyn
The former warehouse complex offers dumplings, vintage clothing and family-friendly spaces.
New York Times. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- New Amazon warehouse in Alberta to create 600 jobs, company says
Amazon plans to open a one-million-square-foot warehouse in Leduc County, which the company says will create new 600 jobs.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
Products on warehouse shelves
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries