This Utility news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cities Offer a Break to Unpaid Federal Employees
Some North Texas cities say they will give federal workers more time to pay utility bills during the partial government shutdown. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Indiana regulators review coal ash pond cleanup plans
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indiana environmental regulators are reviewing utilities' cleanup plans for dozens of coal ash ponds, with one environmental group concerned that the plans don't do enough to address potential contamination. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Jackson councilman running for Public Service Commission
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - A Democratic member of the Jackson City Council is running for the three-member state board that regulates utilities. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- CenterPoint and Vectren Merger Receive Final IURC Approval
CenterPoint Energy (CNP) along with Vectren awaits for the remaining order approval from the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) for completing the merger formalities.
Zacks. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- PG&E bankruptcy could mean price hikes, unpaid fire lawsuits
The nation's largest utility is reeling from $30 billion in potential liabilities while it tries to keep the lights on
CBS News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- May Loses Brexit Vote, Shutdown Prevails: 5 Utilities to Pick
Taken together, these events are obscuring the near-term economic outlook and could lead to a spike in market volatility.
Zacks. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- The Centennial of Prohibition
The gold standard when it comes to examples of the futility of statism attempting to eliminate vice.
American Thinker. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- PG&E plunges for second day after step toward bankruptcy
PG&E Corp's shares and bonds fell sharply for a second day on Tuesday, as a failure to make interest payments by the California power utility added to investor nerves following the company's plans to seek Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Reuters. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- 2019 North American Car, Truck And SUV Of The Year Awards Announced
Surprising winners in the car, truck, and utility categories.
Forbes. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- The California utility getting crushed this week was a favorite of big-name hedge fund managers
PG&E's stock added to its abysmal three-month slide Tuesday as the former hedge fund favorite prepares for bankruptcy.
CNBC. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- PG&E bankruptcy: California's tough choices for nation's biggest utility
Gov. Gavin Newsom and state lawmakers confront nothing less than the fate of California's energy future
CBS News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- PG&E Bankruptcy Tests Who Will Pay for California Wildfires
The utility faces $30 billion in potential liability over deadly fires linked to its equipment. Critics say it is pressuring the state to shield it.
New York Times. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- PG&E, utility tied to California wildfires, to file for bankruptcy
Pacific Gas and Electric, the utility company that has been tied to deadly wildfires in California, said Monday it plans to file for bankruptcy protection at the end of the month. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- PG&E Plans To File For Bankruptcy Over Possible Liability In California Wildfires
The utility says it could be facing tens of billions in liability costs connected to the 2017 and 2018 Northern California wildfires. PG&E also says its CEO is stepping down.
NPR. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- California utility, battered and blamed in wildfires, filing for bankruptcy protection
Pacific Gas and Electric said it plans to file for bankruptcy protection amid potentially massive liabilities resulting from recent deadly California wildfires.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
Utility work warning sign
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries