This Truck news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about truck and trucks news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- No more 'cheat sheets': Electronic logs for truckers mandatory by 2020
A major technological change is about hit the road for Canadian truck drivers. The federal government has announced it will require all commercial truck and bus drivers to install electronic logging devices in their vehicles by the year 2020.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Saturday, 24 Feb 2018.
- Vehicle struck security barrier near White House
A passenger vehicle struck a security barrier near the White House on Friday, but did not breach the White House complex.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Feb 2018.
- White House on lockdown after vehicle rams into security barrier as Trump hosts Australian PM
The White House was placed on lockdown after a car struck a security barrier surrounding the complex. The woman was immediately apprehended at the scene, the Secret Service said. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 23 Feb 2018.
Brand new pickup truck
- Bridge collapses into flooded creek in Port Bruce, Ont.
A transport truck driver was stranded inside the cab of his vehicle when the bridge he was travelling over in Port Bruce, Ont. collapsed Friday into rushing flood waters.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 23 Feb 2018.
- The UPS-Workhorse Group Deal Highlights Advances In Last-Mile Routing
UPS announced its plans to deploy more electric delivery trucks . Recent software advances is speeding up UPS's purchase of electric vans. ...
Forbes. Friday, 23 Feb 2018.
- Toddler's parents win right to appeal decision to turn off life support
The 21-month-old has been in a coma for a year in a UK hospital after being struck down by a mystery degenerative brain condition.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 23 Feb 2018.
- Truck was on tracks despite gates when struck by Amtrak train: U.S. report
A garbage truck was on the tracks despite lowered safety gates when it was struck by a train carrying Republican lawmakers in a fatal crash last month in rural Virginia, the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board said on Wednesday. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 21 Feb 2018.
- Daimler takes a jab at Tesla e-trucks plan as rivalry heats up
Daimler cast doubt on Tesla's plan to deliver electric heavy trucks next year, saying its more modest goal to start selling battery-powered big rigs by 2021 is more realistic.
AutoNews.com. Wednesday, 21 Feb 2018.
- Sony to launch a ride-hailing app in Japan as Uber CEO signals further push in the country
Sony struck partnerships with several taxi firms to start a ride-hailing service in Japan.
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Feb 2018.
- Another reinvention for AxleTech
Detroit's heavy-duty and off-road axle and brake maker AxleTech is being reborn as a supplier to electric garbage trucks, buses and construction vehicles.
AutoNews.com. Monday, 19 Feb 2018.
- No relief for workers as new enterprise agreements drive wages down
Long-lasting wage agreements struck under EBAs are likely to act as a dead-weight on wages attempting to climb off the mat for some time yet, writes Stephen Letts.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 18 Feb 2018.
- How To Best Manage Your Money During Market Corrections
The series of sudden drops in the stock market recently, which seemed to come out of nowhere after a long, epic run, struck panic in the hearts of many investors. ...
Forbes. Friday, 16 Feb 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries