This Transportation news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Uber and Lyft Pound Taxis, Rental Cars In Business Travel Market
Uber and Lyft are the new kings of ground transportation for the business traveler, throttling taxis and car rental companies alike.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Feb 2018.
- Uber CEO will court carmakers beyond Toyota for self-driving
Toyota and Uber plan to team up on autonomous driving as technological changes sweep through the transportation industry.
AutoNews.com. Thursday, 22 Feb 2018.
- Greyhound to stop serving B.C.'s Highway of Tears, Yukon and Vancouver Island
B.C. Passenger Transportation Board has given Greyhound Canada permission to stop serving northern British Columbia and Vancouver Island.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 21 Feb 2018.
- Truck was on tracks despite gates when struck by Amtrak train: U.S. report
A garbage truck was on the tracks despite lowered safety gates when it was struck by a train carrying Republican lawmakers in a fatal crash last month in rural Virginia, the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board said on Wednesday. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 21 Feb 2018.
- Intel Leads Moovit's $50 Million Round As Transit App Morphs Into Mobility Platform
The additional funding will help the Israeli startup expand into new urban markets and continue to improve its transportation database. Intel/Mobileye executive Amnon Shashua is also joining Moovit's board.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Feb 2018.
- Waymo wins Arizona's approval for first driverless ride-hailing service
The first commercial ride-hailing service without human drivers has been approved in the United States. Google affiliate Waymo won a permit in January from the Arizona Department of Transportation.
AutoNews.com. Friday, 16 Feb 2018.
- Transport stocks should be bought on the dip, market watcher says
Transportation stocks are seeing a volatile start to 2018, but some say any weakness should be bought.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Feb 2018.
- Safety board urges improvements to railway crossings after fatal accident
The Transportation Safety Board of Canada says more needs to be done for the safety of people with reduced mobility, who continue to face risks when using railway crossings across the country.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 15 Feb 2018.
- Trump donates fourth-quarter salary to Transportation Department in infrastructure push
Trump is donating his 2017 fourth-quarter salary to the Transportation Department to assist with infrastructure plans.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Feb 2018.
- SwRI Sponsors ITS America 2018 Student Essay Competition with Cash Prize
SAN ANTONIO - Essays to address how disruptive technologies can affect intelligent transportation systems. Submissions accepted through April 22.
Business Wire. Tuesday, 13 Feb 2018.
- Dividend Hunters Should Consider United Parcel Service Inc (NYSE:UPS), With A 3.42% Yield
If you are an income investor, then United Parcel Service Inc (NYSE:UPS) should be on your radar. United Parcel Service, Inc., a package delivery company, provides transportation, logistics, and financialRead ...
Yahoo. Monday, 12 Feb 2018.
- Global Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation (Public Transport) Market 2018 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation (Public Transport) Global Market Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ...
Business Wire. Friday, 2 Feb 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries