This Transportation news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Yamaha Recalls Golf Cars, Personal Transportation and Specialty Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard (Recall Alert)
The accelerator pedal return spring can break, posing a crash hazard.
Consumer Product Safety Commission. October 3, 2018.
- Maryland studying feasibility of widening 2 roadways
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - Maryland's transportation agency is studying the feasibility and cost of widening two routinely congested roadways. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 21 Oct 2018.
- TSA orders travelers to pay $1.4 million in civil penalties for bringing guns to airports
Travelers caught with guns at airports last year were ordered to pay approximately $1.45 million in civil penalties by the Transportation Security Administration, according to a report.
Fox News. Sunday, 21 Oct 2018.
- Mitch McConnell confronted while dining at Louisville restaurant
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican, was accosted while dining at a restaurant Friday evening in Louisville with his wife, Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao. At least two people heckled Mr. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 20 Oct 2018.
- Supply Chain Risks In Driving Seat As Transport Sector Changes Lane
The transportation sector will be the key driver of the energy transition. But weaning ourselves off oil may create new vulnerabilities, not least in the battery raw materials supply chain.
Forbes. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- TxDOT Postpones US 75 Closure Until Sunday
Due to weather, the Texas Department of Transportation is postponing Thursday's planned full closure of US Highway 75. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
- Uber is testing a new 'on-demand labor' service, sort of like a temp agency
The new program, called Uber Works, is testing in Chicago and would expand the ride-hailing giant beyond the transportation realm for the first time.
CNBC. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
- Why legalized pot is raising concerns about impaired driving
U.S. transportation safety officials are sounding the alarm on drug-impaired driving, calling for regulators to do more to tackle the problem as states grapple with a more open stance on marijuana.
AutoNews.com. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Electric Vehicles And The Necessity Of Cultural Change
With all the media focus on green transportation, the first question we forget to ask ourselves is the most obvious.
Forbes. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Chinese electric car makers, nurtured by state, now look for way out of glut
Humming away in an industrial estate in the eastern Chinese resort city of Hangzhou, electric vehicle designer Automagic is one of hundreds of companies looking to ride the country's wave of investment in clean transportation.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- California agency, gas tax backers worked closely together
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - As the political battle to overturn California's gas tax increase intensified, the state transportation agency ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Prosper Council Vows Not to Cooperate on 380 Bypass Option
The Prosper Town Council voted Monday night to adopt a resolution against a possible U.S. Highway 380 option, going as far as to direct city staff not to cooperate with the Texas Department of Transportation as... Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- NADA chairman Wes Lutz cautions dealers to question mobility 'hype'
"Question the hype." That's Wes Lutz's advice on prognostications of how primary transportation models will change.
AutoNews.com. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- Wreckage Left By Hurricane Michael Slows Relief Efforts
Government and nonprofit agencies work in advance of storms to create distribution networks for critical aid, but the Category 4 storm damaged key communications and transportation infrastructure.
NPR. Saturday, 13 Oct 2018.
- Women's March Chicago 2018: Street closures, route information
In anticipation of thousands of participants in the Chicago Women's March to the Polls, the city has announced a number of street closures for the rally and march, as well as information on meeting spots, march routes and transportation.
ABC News. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries