This Transportation news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The Latest: House speaker says he won't block lottery
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - The Latest on a special session of the Mississippi Legislature to discuss transportation (all times local): 4:15 p.m. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- Are Electric Scooters Awesome or Terrible? A Look at the Pros and Cons.
The newest transportation fad has its upsides, but operators should tread carefully.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- The United Nations on the state of pollution in Asia
Erik Solheim, executive director of the United Nations Environment Programme, says the use of coal and a growing transportation industry have contributed to pollution in a number of Asian cities.
CNBC. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- DOT plans to close well-traveled highway exit in Providence
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - The state Department of Transportation says it's closing a well-traveled highway exit through the fall of 2019. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- How hydrogen could shake up Canada's energy sector
The use of hydrogen is still in its infancy, but the potential is significant for how one of the most abundant elements in the world could change the country's transportation, electricity and energy sectors.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- Kabul IT Company Designs Buber, the City's Own Online Taxi App
People in big cities around the world typically enjoy a wide range of public transportation options. Those who own smartphones also have the choice of using some of the increasingly popular ride sharing services such as Uber and Lyft. ...
Voice of America. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- Indonesia's Go-Jek close to profits in all segments, except transport: CEO
Go-Jek, Indonesia's first billion-dollar startup, is "extremely close" to achieving profitability in all its segments, except transportation, its founder and CEO Nadiem Makarim told Reuters.
Reuters. Saturday, 18 Aug 2018.
- Has Hub Group (HUBG) Outpaced Other Transportation Stocks This Year?
Is (HUBG) Outperforming Other Transportation Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Friday, 17 Aug 2018.
- Ministry contacting WestJet over outing of transgender passenger
Transportation Minister Marc Garneau has instructed his staff to contact WestJet after a passenger said one of the airline's gate agents outed her as a transgender woman to other passengers on her flight.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- LATAM passenger plane lands prematurely due to bomb threat: Peru
A LATAM Airlines passenger plane that departed Lima for Santiago, Chile, on Thursday was forced to land at an airport in southern Peru due to a bomb threat received by Chilean authorities, Peru's Transportation Ministry said.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- Elon Musk planning 'Dugout Loop' Hyperloop to take baseball fans to and from Dodger Stadium
Traffic-weary baseball fans could someday travel to and from Dodger Stadium on a public transportation system underneath Los Angeles - if Elon Musk's latest bold plan comes to fruition.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- Ongoing landslide keeps North Carolina highway closed
A landslide that will not stop moving is preventing transportation officials from reopening a North Carolina highway.
Fox Carolina. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- Here's Why You Should Hold On to Rockwell Automation for Now
Rockwell Automation (ROK) to gain from strength in heavy industries and increased investment despite negative impact of tariffs and weakness in the Transportation vertical.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- Scientists turn to the quantum realm to improve energy transportation
Scientists have designed a more efficient quantum transport system using a creative, yet counterintuitive solution.
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- No changes announced for I-77 toll lane project
Ticked off over the toll lanes? Nothing is changing-- at least for now. The state transportation secretary is saying his hands are tied.
Fox News. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries