This Transportation news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- I-10 reopens after massive semi-truck fire
Interstate 10 has reopened in central Phoenix following a closure because of a truck fire but the state Department of Transportation says drivers should still expect long delays in both directions.
Fox News. Saturday, 26 May 2018.
- KineticaVoice: 4 Ways To Change The Game For Logistics Analytics
Enterprises across industries such as retail, travel and transportation, healthcare, heavy equipment, utilities, logistics, and telecommunications rely on effective fleet management for uninterrupted flow of goods and services.
Forbes. Friday, 25 May 2018.
- Enterprise Products, Apache Sign NGL Transportation Accord
The NGL transportation commitment by Apache (APA) will likely provide Enterprise Products with steady fee-based revenues.
Zacks. Friday, 25 May 2018.
- NTSB: Uber Self-Driving Car Had Disabled Emergency Brake System Before Fatal Crash
The National Transportation Safety Board's preliminary report said that sensors saw the victim. But Uber says it's the driver, not its system, that was supposed to intervene to avoid the collision.
NPR. Thursday, 24 May 2018.
- LBJ East Expansion Finally Wins State Approval
The long delayed expansion of I-635 LBJ East Freeway between 75 Central Expressway and I-30 finally won approval of the Texas Transportation Commission Thursday.
NBC. Thursday, 24 May 2018.
- Emergency Braking Was Disabled When Self-Driving Uber Killed Woman, Report Says
A computer system failure and an inattentive safety driver kept the vehicle from stopping before killing a woman in Arizona in March, the National Transportation Safety Board said.
New York Times. Thursday, 24 May 2018.
- Self-driving Uber was aware of pedestrian but didn't stop, probe on fatal Arizona crash finds
The self-driving technology deployed in an Uber which struck and killed a woman crossing the street in Arizona recently, noted a pedestrian was on the road, but didn't stop, a preliminary report from the National Transportation Safety Board says.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 24 May 2018.
- Uber self-driving car failed to recognize pedestrian, brake in Ariz. fatality, U.S. finds
An Uber autonomous vehicle that struck and killed a woman in Arizona in March failed to identify the pedestrian or to brake, raising serious questions about its performance, the National Transportation Safety Board said.
AutoNews.com. Thursday, 24 May 2018.
- Mass transit needs grow along with Denver area
As Colorado expands from Denver past the suburbs, public transportation will play a key role in managing growth and congestion.
ABC News. Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
- U.S. 60 reopens following serious crash in Mesa
Eastbound U.S. 60 has reopened following a serious crash in Mesa.According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, eastbound U.S. 60 has reopened from Gilbert to Val Vista following the crash.
Fox News. Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
- More Lyft riders will get picked up by driverless cars this year, strategy chief says
Like its archrival Uber, Lyft is expanding its definition of transportation.
CNBC. Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
- Senators bow to will of elected government on transport modernization bill
The Senate has bowed to the will of the Trudeau government on an omnibus transportation modernization bill.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
- Matthew McConaughey got high with his Beach Bum co-star Snoop Dogg
The 47-year-old Dazed & Confused alum was famously arrested by the Austin Police Department for marijuana possession and resisting transportation in 1999
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Worlds Converge: Humans at the heart of the mobility revolution
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - The mobility industry is the epicenter of innovation as new technologies promise to transform the entire concept of transportation. ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- General Electric's Transportation Unit to Merge With Wabtec
General Electric (GE) enters into a definitive agreement to merge its operating segment, GE Transportation, with Wabtec Corporation.
Zacks. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries