This Tourism news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about tourism and tourist news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The U.S. Coast Guard refers duck boat case to feds
The U.S. Coast Guard has referred the investigation into last month's deadly sinking of a Missouri tourist boat to federal prosecutors, officials said Tuesday.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 22 Aug 2018.
- Coast Guard refers duck boat case for criminal...
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard has referred the investigation into last month's deadly sinking of a Missouri tourist boat to federal ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- Tourist injured after falling into artist's 8-foot hole at Portugal museum
A tourist was injured when he fell into an 8-foot-deep hole that was part of an installation by top British artist Anish Kapoor.
Fox News. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
Touring a mountain trail
- Tiny House In The Florida Keys Brings Hope To A Workforce Still Displaced
Nearly a year after Hurricane Irma, Florida Keys workers who prop up its tourist economy are still struggling to find affordable housing for residents displaced by the storm.
NPR. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- Paradise Lost: How Tourists Are Destroying the Places They Love
Travel is no longer a luxury good. Airlines like Ryanair and EasyJet have contributed to a form of mass tourism that has made local residents feel like foreigners in cities like Barcelona and Rome. ... ...
Spiegel Online. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- A City Tries To Save Itself: Amsterdam Seeks To Rein in Tourists
In recent years, it has become increasingly clear that Amsterdam, a city of 850,000, is unable to cope with the 18 million tourists who visit each year. City planners are experimenting with ways of limiting their numbers.
Spiegel Online. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- England v India: Virat Kohli's century puts tourists in control at Trent Bridge
England face a huge challenge to save the third Test after a century from India captain Virat Kohli on day three at Trent Bridge.
BBC News. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- Standard Hotels to Open Four Properties in Thailand
The prospect of 40 million foreign tourists coming to Thailand next year is too big a draw to ignore for boutique U.S. ...
Hsyndicate. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- Another Earthquake Has Killed at Least 13 People on the Indonesian Island of Lombok
A strong earthquake cut power across the Indonesian island of Lombok, toppled buildings and killed at least 13 people as the tourist hotspot was trying to recover from a temblor earlier this month that killed hundreds of people.
Yahoo. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- Multiple earthquakes rock Indonesian island; at least 2 killed
Three quakes rocked the popular tourist island Sunday, one as high as a 6.9
CBS News. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- %headline(Tourists go off beaten path on North Korea's sacred volcano
Foreign tourists looking to go off the beaten path in North Korea can now camp out on the country's biggest volcano.
Fox News. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- Fire that prompted closure of parts of Yosemite Park is contained
A massive and deadly California wildfire that sent choking smoke into Yosemite National Park, causing a temporary closure of large parts of the tourist destination, is completely contained, fire officials said on Sunday.
Reuters. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- England v India: Hardik Pandya stars as tourists take control
India end the second day of the third Test with a lead of 292 after England collapse to 161 all out in their first innings at Trent Bridge.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- Indonesia's Lombok island jolted by multiple quakes
Strong earthquakes have jolted the Indonesian tourist island of Lombok, causing power blackouts, landslides and damaging buildings, as the island tries to recover from a temblor earlier this month that killed hundreds of people
ABC News. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- Indonesian holiday island struck by second quake
A 6.9-magnitude earthquake has hit the Indonesian island of Lombok - hours after a 6.3 tremor struck the tourist destination.
Sky News. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries