This Textile news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tyton BioSciences awarded for clean recycling technology
Tyton BioSciences, a specialist in mixed-textile recycling technology, has received an award from Fashion Positive Plus in support of its work towards achieving Gold level Cradle to Cradle certification for its products.
Just Style. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- South Africa eyes master plan for apparel value chain
The South African Trade and Industry Department is to develop a master plan to grow the clothing and textile and footwear and leather retail value chain.
Just Style. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Graphene unlocks new potential for 'smart textiles'
The quest to create affordable, durable and mass-produced 'smart textiles' has been given fresh impetus through the use of the wonder material graphene.
Science Daily. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- Big plans ahead for Glencoe's Textile Heritage Museum
GLENCOE, N.C. (AP) - Things don't look much different at the Textile Heritage Museum, but there are changes in the works. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 18 Nov 2018.
- Ermenegildo Zegna XXX Teams Up With Farfetch Matching The Versatility Of Modern Life.
Italy holds a unique position in the evolution of European menswear, confirmed by a long-standing heritage of tradition, high quality textile weaving skills and fine craftsmanship.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Play the Momentum in Textile Apparel With lululemon Stock
lululemon (LULU) is a lucrative pick to encash the momentum in the Textile-Apparel industry, which outpaces the broader sector as well as the market at large.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Secant Group, LLC Milestone: 75th Anniversary
TELFORD, Pa. - Secant Group announces 75 years of leadership in the engineering of textile structures for the medical device and industrial markets.
Business Wire. Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018.
- Tariffs hit 50 India-made product imports
As of Nov. 1, a list of 50 Indian products that were previously duty-free now carry a tariff, including some floor coverings and textiles items.
Furniture Today. Monday, 5 Nov 2018.
- Report finds pressure to deliver clothes cheap and fast is contributing to labour abuse
Big fashion brands are putting pressure on their suppliers to deliver more quickly and cheaply, which is contributing to labour abuses in factories that manufacture garments, footwear and textiles, according to a new report.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 1 Nov 2018.
- Anni Albers: How textile artist's pictoral weavings inspire
Contemporary weaver Ismini Samanidou explains why textile artist Anni Albers is her icon.
BBC News. Saturday, 27 Oct 2018.
- Parsons And Lidewij Edelkoort On The Value Of Imperfection And Why Textiles Matter
Do textiles keep our integrity together and maintain our values? Parsons School of Design and Lidewij Edelkoort of Trend Tablet are creating a program to protect traditional crafts and our future.
Forbes. Sunday, 21 Oct 2018.
- Gus Modern pairs with textile company to release new capsule collection
Gus Modern, a Canadian home furnishings brand, is unveiling a limited edition collaboration with Pendleton Woolen Mills, an American textile company.
Furniture Today. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Intricate church vestments go on show in London exhibition
Intricately embroidered and gold embossed textiles have gone on display in London in an exhibition looking at vestments worn in the Catholic Church between the 16th and 19th centuries.
Reuters. Tuesday, 25 Sep 2018.
- Japan's crown prince opens France trip with children, museum
LYON, France (AP) - Crown Prince Naruhito, Japan's next emperor, has met with Japanese schoolchildren and toured a world-renowned textile museum during a nine-day goodwill visit to France. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 8 Sep 2018.
- India's tax effect: Hundreds of thousands laid off despite growth
Tilak Raj Bathla's tiny weaving factory is one of the few still humming on a once busy road in the northern Indian city of Panipat, known as the country's "textile city".
Reuters. Wednesday, 5 Sep 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries