This Textile news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The environmental impact of putting that shirt on your back
What goes into manufacturing the various textiles we wear and how do the environmental impacts of each compare?
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 3 Apr 2018.
- Riegel Extending Table Linen Life with colorGUARD Technology
Textile degradation is an ongoing problem in the hospitality industry. Whites don't stay white . ...
Hsyndicate. Tuesday, 27 Mar 2018.
- Valdese Weavers names Reynolds VP, design
Valdese Weavers, a global leader in decorative textiles, has promoted Ann Reynolds to vice president of design.
Furniture Today. Tuesday, 27 Mar 2018.
- How the Technicolor Ikat Designs of Central Asia Thread Into Textile History
A new Smithsonian exhibition sheds light on the rich backstory of an oft-imitated tradition
Smithsonian. Monday, 26 Mar 2018.
- Shanghai home textile show sees 12% increase in attendance
SHANGHAI, China – The spring edition of the Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles show experienced a 12% increase in attendance, according to a show report issued this week.
Furniture Today. Friday, 23 Mar 2018.
- Electric textile lights a lamp when stretched
Working up a sweat from carrying a heavy load? That is when the textile works at its best. Researchers have developed a fabric that converts kinetic energy into electric power. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 22 Mar 2018.
- Tri-Tex Announces New Chief Executive Officer
ST. EUSTACHE, Quebec - Tri-Tex, a leading producer of adhesives, sealants, surfactants and textile and paper chemicals, announced today that Richard Hooper has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of the Company. Mr. ... ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 20 Mar 2018.
- Teacher to find out if she has won million-dollar prize
Arts and textiles teacher Andria Zafirakou works at Alperton Community School in Brent, north-west London.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Mar 2018.
- Almanac: The Luddites
An anti-technological innovation movement was born on March 11, 1811, when textile workers in Nottingham, England, destroyed machines they believed threatened their livelihoods. Jane Pauley reports.
CBS News. Sunday, 11 Mar 2018.
- Rebooting Zimbabwe's textile industry
A bank bailout gives hope to employees of Zimbabwe's biggest fabric supplier.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Mar 2018.
- EU demands 2.7bn euros of 'unpaid customs duty' from UK
The European Commission says customs duty is owed on imports of Chinese shoes and textiles.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Mar 2018.
- Textile Chemicals Markets in China Report 2018: 2007-2017 Analysis & Forecasts to 2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Textile Chemicals Markets in China" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. China's demand for Textile Chemicals has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. ... ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 6 Mar 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries