This Television Station news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about television station and tv station news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- TV station founded by Islamic preacher banned from UK for saying 'all Muslims should be terrorists'
Britain's media regular Ofcom announced it was investigating statements made on Peace TV in November by Islamic scholar Haitham al-Haddad.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Final bids for Cox stations due from Hearst, TEGNA, EW Scripps this month, could net almost $3B
TEGNA, Hearst and EW Scripps are all planning to submit final bids to acquire Cox's 14 broadcast TV stations at the end of January.
CNBC. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Firing of meteorologist over racial slur sparks outcry
New York TV station fired Jeremy Kappell after he apparently uttered racial slur on air
CBS News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Greek urban guerrillas OLA claim TV station attack
A Greek urban guerrilla group claimed responsibility on Tuesday for a blast last month outside one of Greece's biggest TV stations and it accused media of promoting a "capitalist" agenda in the country.
Reuters. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Hamas arrests Gaza men suspected of attacking Abbas's TV station
Gaza authorities arrested five Palestinians on Saturday on suspicion of ransacking the offices of President Mahmoud Abbas's official Palestine Television station, Hamas's interior ministry said.
Reuters. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- Gray Television finalizes Raycom acquisition
ATLANTA (AP) - Gray Television Inc. has completed its acquisition of Raycom Media. According to Comscore data, Atlanta-based Gray will now own one of the two highest-rated television stations in 85 markets. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Alaska's first Sonic restaurant planned in Wasilla
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - A national restaurant chain will open its first Alaska franchise in Wasilla. Anchorage television station KTUU reports that franchise operator Larry Clark is aiming to open a Sonic restaurant next September. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 29 Dec 2018.
- Russian TV station's Salisbury Cathedral gift slammed
A Russian state-run TV station has been criticised for sending chocolate models of Salisbury Cathedral as a Christmas gift.
Sky News. Saturday, 29 Dec 2018.
- Los Angeles TV news anchor Chris Burrous dies at 43
Chris Burrous, weekend news anchor at Los Angeles TV station KTLA, has died. ...
CBS News. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- Russian TV station RT could be kicked off the airwaves
The RT news channel broke broadcasting rules by failing to preserve due impartiality in seven news and current affairs programmes over a six-week period, Ofcom has announced.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Dec 2018.
- Nigella: Don't airbrush my 'sticking out stomach'
Nigella Lawson has revealed she has had to tell US TV stations to not airbush her "sticking out" stomach.
Sky News. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
- Oklahoma car chase: High-speed police pursuit ends in smash
A helicopter from a local television station captured the moment police brought the high-speed pursuit to an end.
BBC News. Saturday, 8 Dec 2018.
- Nexstar to buy Tribune Media, becoming the largest US TV station operator
Nexstar Media Group will acquire to Tribune Media, a deal which would make it the largest regional U.S. TV station operator.
CNBC. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- Tribune Media and Nexstar in $4.1bn local TV takeover
Nexstar set to become the largest US operator of local TV stations after buying Tribune Media.
BBC News. Sunday, 2 Dec 2018.
- Reuters: Nexstar Clinches $4.1B Deal to Acquire Tribune Media
Nexstar Media Group Inc has reached an agreement to acquire to Tribune Media Co for about $4.1 billion, a deal which would make it the largest regional U.S. TV station operator, people familiar with the matter said on Sunday. ...
Newsmax. Sunday, 2 Dec 2018.
Television station satellite dishes
Related Directory Page(s)
Television Stations News Headlines and News Summaries