This Taxi news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about taxi and taxis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Spanish taxi drivers resume protests against app services
MADRID (AP) - Hundreds of taxis are holding up traffic in Madrid and Barcelona as drivers continue their protests to demand tighter regulations companies using ride-hailing apps. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Uber, Cabify cars are attacked in Spain; police arrest 7
Police in Barcelona say they have arrested seven people for allegedly trashing cars working with ride-hailing apps like Uber and Cabify as part of a protest by taxi drivers
ABC News. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Spanish police arrest 7 after Uber, Cabify cars attacked
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - Police in Barcelona say they have arrested seven people on suspicion of attacking cars that work with ride-hailing apps like Uber and Cabify as part of a protest by taxi drivers. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Electric minicabs flying at 200mph will pick you up from a car park by 2023
UberAir will make its debut in the American cities of Los Angeles and Dallas in 2023, and is hoping the taxis may fly in British skies in the next decade.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- 'It's gotten out of hand': Toronto area taxi fare scam has defrauded victims of millions, police say
Toronto police issued a warning on Thursday about an alleged ongoing taxi fare scam that has already led to the arrests of five people who now face more than 260 charges for identity theft.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Taxi driver drops autistic boy, 14, more than a mile from his house
Janette Williams, 45, from Ferndale in the Rhondda, Wales, says the incident happened when her son Owen was on his way to Maesgwyn Special School in Aberdare on Monday morning.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Ishy Din: Driving a taxi made me a better playwright
Ishy Din's latest play takes audiences on a ride to the heart of post-Thatcher Britain.
BBC News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Grab appeals Vietnamese court ruling in taxi company dispute
Ride-hailing company Grab said on Saturday it had filed an appeal against a Vietnamese court ruling last month that ordered it to pay 4.8 billion dong (about $207,000) in compensation to a local taxi operator.
Reuters. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- El Museo del Barrio Drops Plan to Honor German Socialite
Questions were raised over why a museum of Latino art was feting Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, whose archconservative friends oppose Pope Francis.
New York Times. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Are the days of the private car really over?
Is the "robo-taxis" revolution really on its way? Many readers were doubtful, so we address their counter-arguments.
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Cooking robots and self-driving taxis: 10 ways tech is trying to change the world
CNBC looks at the impact of smart technology and how it's shaping our lives.
CNBC. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Bell Unveils 'Flying Taxi' Coming to DFW
Fort Worth-based Bell is showing off a full-scale model of its vertical takeoff and landing air taxi at the Consumer Electronics Show this week. Photo Credit: Bell.
NBC. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Uber's air travel partner unveils its air taxi at CES
Uber Air partner Bell unveiled its design for a full-scale vertical-takeoff-and-landing air taxi at the Consumer Electronics Show.
CNBC. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Hyperloops & air taxis: Here's what life might look like in 2030
Year ahead predictions are great, but this is the tech that could become commonplace over a decade from now.
ZDNet. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Grab ordered to pay compensation to Vietnamese taxi firm
Ride-hailing firm Grab was ordered to pay 4.8 billion dong ($206,985) in compensation to a local taxi operator by a Vietnamese court on Friday, sources and state media said.
Reuters. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
Taxi cab sign
Related Directory Page(s)
Taxi Services News Headlines and News Summaries