This Taxi news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about taxi and taxis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Uber's licence suspended in Sheffield
The taxi app firm failed to respond to official requests about its management, the city council says.
BBC News. Thursday, 7 Dec 2017.
- Nissan to trial robo-taxis in Japan
Self-drive taxis will be tested in Japan next spring and could be on the roads by early 2020s.
BBC News. Tuesday, 5 Dec 2017.
- Self-driving CEO sees 2018 as dawn of robotaxis, delivery cars
Self-driving vehicles will be ready to roll next year, though the work to make them affordable to individual consumers is still "in the first inning," according to the CEO of a company working on the technology.
AutoNews.com. Tuesday, 5 Dec 2017.
Taxi cab sign
- Nissan to test robotaxis in Japan, aims to begin service in early 2020s
Nissan said it will test an autonomous ride-hailing service on public roads in Japan in March, aiming to officially start robotaxi rides in the early 2020s.
AutoNews.com. Tuesday, 5 Dec 2017.
- Uber faces possible class action for devastating taxi industry
Victorian taxi and hire car drivers engage lawyers to investigate the potential of suing Uber for compensation, alleging the ride-booking giant ignored the law "and proceeded regardless" when expanding to the state.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 21 Nov 2017.
- Volvo to Supply Uber With Thousands of Robotaxis
Volvo will provide Uber with thousands of self-driving vehicles between 2019 and 2021, the automaker announced today. The two companies have worked together to develop the XC90 crossovers that will join Uber’s fleet. ...
Motor Trend. Monday, 20 Nov 2017.
- India Taxi Market - Forecast to Grow at a CAGR of 13.7% During 2017-2022 - Research and Markets
DUBLIN - The "India Taxi Market By User Segment, By Payment Mode, By Vehicle Type, By Taxi Type, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2012-2022" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Monday, 20 Nov 2017.
- Uber loses bid to overturn workers' rights decision
Taxi app Uber loses a bid to overturn a decision by a tribunal which says its drivers deserve workers' rights such as the minimum wage.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Saturday, 11 Nov 2017.
- Uber, NASA Team Up on Flying Taxis
Uber will join NASA in developing software to manage “flying taxi” routes, the ride-hailing company announced this week. ...
Motor Trend. Thursday, 9 Nov 2017.
- BankUnited overcomes taxi woes, posts 33% growth in 3Q profit
Strong loan growth at the Miami Lakes, Fla., company more than offset an increased loan-loss provision tied to Hurricane Irma and continued weakness in taxi medallion lending.
American Banker. Acquired Tuesday, 31 Oct 2017.
- New York Community profits fall 18% as taxi lending woes persist
Provision costs surged to $44.5 million from $1.2 million. The company attributed that increase to higher chargeoffs in its taxi book.
American Banker. Acquired Wednesday, 25 Oct 2017.
- Justice minister denounces judge's comments on teen sexual assault victim's weight
Jean-Paul Braun said the 17-year-old was "a bit overweight, but she has a pretty face" and suggested she enjoyed the attention she got from the taxi driver who assaulted her.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 25 Oct 2017.
Related Directory Page(s)
Taxi Services News Headlines and News Summaries