This Tax news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about tax and taxes news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Walden talks border issues, tax cuts at town hall
BEND, Ore. (AP) - Rep. Greg Walden, the only Republican in Oregon's congressional delegation, held his first town hall in Bend in nearly two years to discuss national and local issues facing his 2nd Congressional District. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Bill to promote government transparency clears Idaho House
BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Idaho's House has approved a bill intended to promote government transparency by exempting public records requests from a sales tax on top of copying and other fees. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Tax cuts could be the 'front line' of China's fight against slowing growth, experts say
Tax cuts in China could be the center of Beijing's fiscal fight against an economic slowdown amid an ongoing trade spat with the U.S., experts said.
CNBC. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Oxfam says world wealth gap widening, advocates fairer taxes
The wealth gap is doing particular harm to women, the group says.
ABC News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- What To Ask Your Tax Advisors About The New Section 199A Regulations
Internal Revenue Code Section 199A was enacted as part of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), and slightly modified in 2018. ....
Forbes. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Single-use coffee cups: Wales urged to bring in 'latte levy'
Environmental campaigners say Wales should take the initiative with a tax on disposable coffee cups.
BBC News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- EU tax on big digital companies could be struck by March: French minister
A European Union-wide tax on the world's top digital companies could be reached by the end of March, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said in an interview published on Sunday.
Reuters. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Treasury Finalizes Tax Rule on Pass-Through Businesses
The U.S. Treasury on Friday released final regulations for a tax deduction of up to 20 percent for U.S. businesses organized as so-called pass-through entities, under President Donald Trump's 2017 overhaul of the U.S. tax system.
Newsmax. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Edinburgh pays top share of property tax
One third of revenue from the Land and Buildings Transaction Tax is raised in the capital.
BBC News. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Due Dates For Your W-2, 1099 & Other Tax Forms In 2019 (And What To Do If They're Missing)
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will begin accepting paper and electronic tax returns on January 28, 2019. Many tax forms used to prepare returns are already either in the hands of taxpayers or in the mail. ...
Forbes. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Trump Administration Spells Out Who Wins and Loses From New Tax Break
The Internal Revenue Service issued regulations governing a 20 percent deduction for so-called pass-through companies.
New York Times. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Soccer star Ronaldo expected in Madrid Tuesday for tax fraud trial
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo is expected back in Madrid on Tuesday to attend a trial for tax evasion where Spanish prosecutors are asking for a 23-month prison sentence and fine.
Reuters. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- MGIC Investment (MTG) Q4 Earnings Beat, Revenues Up Y/Y
MGIC Investment (MTG) Q4 results reflect lower credit losses, improved net premiums earned, and impact of lower tax and share buybacks.
Zacks. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Shutdown Threatens Consumer-Driven Economic Growth
After tax cuts, rising incomes and buoyant stock markets set off a consumer boom in 2018, signs are emerging that the main engine of U.S. ...
Newsmax. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- From LAX, $167 round trip to Salt Lake City on Southwest
Fare: From LAX, $167 round trip, including all taxes and fees, to Salt Lake City on Southwest. Restrictions: Subject to availability. You must buy your ticket by 11:59 p.m. ...
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
Unusual tax collector
Related Directory Page(s)
Tax Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries