This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- House hopefuls draw on Trump's refusal to reveal tax returns
House hopefuls releasing tax returns capitalize on Trump's refusal to show his.
ABC News. Saturday, 26 May 2018.
- Baltimore Police Commissioner Quits; Third to Go in 3 Years
Darryl De Sousa lasted just four months before being suspended over unfiled tax returns, leaving the city to search anew for a leader to tame its violent crime and policing problems.
New York Times. Tuesday, 15 May 2018.
- Judge says ex-lawmaker 'squandered' life, faces prison
CHICAGO (AP) - A federal judge Thursday handed former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds a six-month prison sentence for not filing tax returns for income on ...
Daily Mail. Friday, 11 May 2018.
Tax return filing date
- Baltimore police commissioner admits he failed to file taxes in wake of federal charges
Baltimore's top cop admitted Thursday that he failed to file federal and state income tax returns for three consecutive years after federal prosecutors hit him with misdemeanor charges.
Fox News. Thursday, 10 May 2018.
- Ex-Illinois congressman sentenced to prison on tax charges
Former Illinois U.S. congressman Mel Reynolds was sentenced on Thursday to six months in prison for failing to file federal income tax returns, according to prosecutors. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 10 May 2018.
- Former Rep. Mel Reynolds to be sentenced on tax charges
Reynolds is up sentencing on convictions that he failed to file tax returns for income he made while consulting for Chicago businessmen in Africa
CBS News. Thursday, 10 May 2018.
- IRS Wants Electronic Filing But Is Harsher On Penalties Than With Paper Filers
Filer of electronic income tax return hit with late file penalty for mistake that would not have created penalty for paper filer. Does the IRS want us to go back to paper filing?
Forbes. Tuesday, 8 May 2018.
- Cynthia Nixon tax returns: $1.5M income, $53K in donations
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - "Sex and the City" star and New York gubernatorial candidate Cynthia Nixon released tax returns on Friday showing she and her wife had ...
Daily Mail. Saturday, 5 May 2018.
- Investing As A Business: What The Tax Code Says
Your investment portfolio provides most of your income and you spend a lot of time on it. Can you treat it as a business on your tax return?
Forbes. Tuesday, 1 May 2018.
- You May Want To Look At Next Year's Tax Return, Now
Changes to the tax law have the potential to change how much taxes you should pay out of your income now.
NBC. Monday, 30 Apr 2018.
- Cattle-rearing accountant investigated for possibly fudging 1,400 tax returns
Mohamed Ali Jesow makes cheese, speaks three languages and designed his own resort in East Africa. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 30 Apr 2018.
- Attempts to retrieve Donald Trump's tax returns yields 18-month prison sentence
A computer criminal convicted in connection with trying to illegally obtain President Trump's tax returns has been sentenced to serve 18 months in federal prison. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 27 Apr 2018.
- Woman Shoots Husband During Argument Over Tax Return
A woman shot her husband Thursday morning after the couple got into a fight over their tax return, police say.
NBC. Thursday, 26 Apr 2018.
- Atlantic seniors among hardest hit by suspended income supplements
Thousands of seniors had monthly benefits suspended last year when the Canada Revenue Agency didn't process their tax returns on time.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- Eight in 10 Affluent Americans Use Their Tax Return to Guide Financial Plan: AICPA Survey
NEW YORK - Tax time is the right time to plan for the future. CPA financial planners share a list of financial planning opportunities in the wake of tax reform.
Business Wire. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries