This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- These 5 taxpayers should check their tax withholding now
These taxpayers should revisit their withholding to avoid sticker shock when they file their 2018 tax returns
CBS News. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- Mississippi woman pleads guilty to falsifying tax returns
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - A central Mississippi woman is pleading guilty to filing false returns from her tax preparation business. Court records show Teresa C. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 11 Aug 2018.
- North Carolina woman convicted of preparing fake tax returns
Federal authorities say a North Carolina woman has been convicted of preparing 519 false tax returns resulting in more than $1 million in refunds.
Fox Carolina. Thursday, 9 Aug 2018.
Tax return filing date
- Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen now reportedly being investigated for tax fraud
The article said federal prosecutors in New York, who already were investigating Cohen for a variety of business dealings, are now eyeing whether he underreported income from his taxi medallion business on his tax returns.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Aug 2018.
- Manafort's right-hand man testifies against him in tax fraud case
Rick Gates, a longtime business associate of U.S. President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, on Monday testified that he helped Manafort file false tax returns and hide his foreign bank accounts.
Reuters. Monday, 6 Aug 2018.
- Manafort accountant, at trial, says money transfers raised concerns
An accountant for U.S. President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort testified on Friday that she prepared his tax returns despite her concerns about money transferred from overseas that was classified as loans.
Reuters. Friday, 3 Aug 2018.
- Ex-congressman reports to jail to serve out sentence
CHICAGO (AP) - Former Illinois Congressman Mel Reynolds has reported to a federal correctional center to begin serving the remaining four months of his sentence for failing to file tax returns. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 1 Aug 2018.
- Trump's former campaign chief Paul Manafort starts his trial Tuesday. Here's what you need to know
Manafort has been charged in the Virginia case with bank fraud, conspiracy to commit bank fraud and subscribing to false income tax returns.
CNBC. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Australians over-claim $8.7 billion in tax
Australians over-claiming on their tax returns took almost $9 billion out of the federal government's budget in just one financial year.The ...
Daily Mail. Thursday, 12 Jul 2018.
- How Long Should You Keep Tax Returns? Longer Than You Think
Ignoring the standard advice for retaining tax returns can save you a lot of headaches.
Forbes. Monday, 9 Jul 2018.
- Netflix and guard puppies, the most outrageous things people are trying to claim back on their tax
The Australian Taxation Office has decided to enact a crackdown on people trying to claim bizarre things on their 2017-18 tax returns.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 8 Jul 2018.
- Conservatives support single tax form for Quebecers
Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer says he would enter negotiations with Quebec to allow the province to have a single income tax return.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 25 Jun 2018.
- North Carolina woman accused of filing false tax returns
Federal prosecutors have accused a North Carolina woman of preparing false tax returns.
Fox Carolina. Friday, 1 Jun 2018.
- California Rules on Closing the Estate and Filing the Final Tax Return - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "California Rules on Closing the Estate and Filing the Final Tax Return" webinar has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Monday, 28 May 2018.
- Florida Rules on Closing the Estate and Filing the Final Tax Return - Webinar - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Florida Rules on Closing the Estate and Filing the Final Tax Return" webinar has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Monday, 28 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries