This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Due Dates For Your W-2, 1099 & Other Tax Forms In 2019 (And What To Do If They're Missing)
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will begin accepting paper and electronic tax returns on January 28, 2019. Many tax forms used to prepare returns are already either in the hands of taxpayers or in the mail. ...
Forbes. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- IRS is recalling 46,000 workers to handle tax returns WITHOUT PAY as Trump promises no refund delays
The IRS is recalling about 46,000 of its employees furloughed by the government shutdown to handle tax returns and pay out refunds, but won't be paying workers while the federal freeze continues.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- IRS Recalling 46,000 Workers To Handle Tax Returns Despite Partial Shutdown
The union for the IRS workers criticized the Trump administration for forcing them to work "in exchange only for an IOU." Employees have been promised back pay when funding is approved.
NPR. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- The IRS is recalling 46,000 workers to handle tax returns
The Internal Revenue Service is recalling about 46,000 of its employees furloughed by the government shutdown _ nearly 60 percent of its workforce _ to handle tax returns and pay out refunds. The employees won't be paid.
ABC News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- U.S. tax agency to bring 46,000 furloughed workers back
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service said on Tuesday it intends to bring back more than 46,000 workers furloughed by the partial shutdown of the federal government to process annual tax returns and refunds and other tasks.
Reuters. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Even if the shutdown ends today, the IRS may not issue you a timely tax refund
This already was going to be a challenging year to fill out your federal tax returns after major tax-law changes took effect in 2018. ...
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Prosecutors: Art Dealer Mary Boone Should Go to Prison
In a court filing, prosecutors asked a federal judge to sentence Ms. Boone to as much as three years in prison for filing false tax returns.
New York Times. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- A Republican Senator Signals Interest in Trump's Tax Returns
Senate Finance Chairman Chuck Grassley said he's examining his authority to obtain President Donald Trump's tax returns, a move to ensure he could see any forms his Democratic counterpart in the House potentially receives.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Federal shutdown delays U.S. House oversight of Trump: lawmakers
Before taking control of the House of Representatives last Thursday, Democrats had said they would investigate Trump on multiple fronts, including ties with Russia, his tax returns and allegations of conflicts of interest. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- 'Act now' warning over tax returns
Millions of people face a deadline for completing their self-assessment tax return.
BBC News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- IRS to issue refunds during shutdown, unlike under Obama
The Internal Revenue Service plans to process tax returns and issue refunds on schedule, whether the government is fully funded or not.
ABC News. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- House Democrats to Target Trump Tax Returns
House Democrats are clamoring to target President Donald Trump's tax refunds with new House and Ways Committee Chairman Richard Neal, D-Mass., planning to first build a case.
Newsmax. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Alabama sheriff pleads guilty to not filing tax return
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - An Alabama sheriff who leaves office this month has pleaded guilty to failing to file a tax return. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- House Democrats 'plan bill to get hold of Trump's tax returns'
President Trump, pictured in Washington yesterday, broke with decades of precedent when running for the White House in 2016 by refusing to disclose his own tax returns.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- House Democrats have a good shot at getting Trump's tax returns, but administration could fight back
A decades-old law could soon give Democrats their best shot yet at retrieving President Donald Trump's tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service.
CNBC. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
Tax return filing date
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries