This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Did Your Tax Return Earn More Frequent Flier Miles Than You Did Last Year?
There is a secret in the tax world - more and more US returns are being prepared overseas by third party providers. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 20 Oct 2018.
- U.S. prosecutors drop some charges against Paul Manafort
U.S. prosecutors agreed to drop criminal charges against Paul Manafort that a jury deadlocked on earlier this year, as a federal judge set a Feb. 8 date for Manafort's sentencing on charges of bank fraud and filing false tax returns.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- The Latest: Manafort tax returns released after fraud trial
The Latest on federal cases involving former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort (all times local): 1:10 p.m. ...
Fox News. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
Tax return filing date
- How Democrats hope to obtain Trump's tax returns
The U.S. Congress could request President Donald Trump's tax returns under a seldom-used 1924 law, which Democrats say they plan to invoke promptly if they win control of the House of Representatives or the Senate in the Nov. 6 elections.
Reuters. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
- Trump files 2017 taxes following 6-month extension
Since launching his campaign in 2015, Mr. Trump has refused to release his tax returns from any year
CBS News. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- The Latest: New Mexico GOP candidate provides tax highlights
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - The Latest on the release of tax returns in New Mexico's gubernatorial campaign (all times local): 5:20 p.m. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Illinois governor's race among most expensive in country thanks to wealthy candidates
Information about the 2017 income tax returns of Bruce Rauner and JB Pritzker, the two wealthy men leading the race for Illinois governor.
ABC News. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Elizabeth Warren's DNA Test Shows How She's Weaponizing Transparency
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren is betting that transparency on her tax returns and academic records will help beat Donald Trump.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Deadline for Virginia income tax filing extension is Nov. 1
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - If you took advantage of an extension to file your Virginia income tax return, your time is almost up. The deadline for Virginia's six-month individual income tax filing extension is Nov. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Congress Really Can Demand, And Get, Trump's Tax Returns. Here's How
Three House and Senate committees have "the unqualified right" to request taxpayers' returns from the IRS. There's no provision exempting the president.
NPR. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Massachusetts mayor, 26, is arrested and charged with defrauding investors
Fall River, Massachusetts Mayor Jasiel Corriea, 26, was arrested by federal agents at 6.30am on Thursday and is charged with wire fraud and filing false tax returns in a 13-count indictment.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Filing your taxes Oct. 15? Here's what you need to know
An October tax-filing extension is open to all U.S. citizens who need more time to file an accurate tax return. However, you need to fully understand the requirements, risks and rewards of doing so.
CNBC. Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018.
- At IRS, auditing taxpayers is dying tradition
Of the 245 million tax returns the agency processed last year, just 1 in 160 drew scrutiny, the lowest level in 15 years
CBS News. Saturday, 6 Oct 2018.
- Trump's tax returns are another thing at stake in the midterms
If Democrats retake the House, they may be able to see something President Trump has been hiding for years: his tax returns.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- ATO reveals hundreds of thousands of taxpayers could miss out on lump sum due to one simple mistake
Hundreds of thousands of people could miss out on a huge lump sum thanks to one simple mistake, which the ATO revealed to be failing to lodge a tax return.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries