This Swimming news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about swimming and swimmer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Will the Mooch last the course this time? Anthony Scaramucci heads to the Big Brother house
The Mooch will compete in the reality show where a group of people live in a house where every room if fitted with cameras that capture their every move. Swimmer Ryan Lochte will also compete.
Daily Mail. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Python covered with more than 500 ticks rescued in Australia
The carpet python may have been trying to drown the parasites in a backyard swimming pool.
BBC News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: California man surfs with dolphins
Drone video shot off the coast near Ventura shows a pod of playful dolphins swimming alongside Alden Blair.
ABC News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- A quarter of Americans who are in debt expect to die that way
More people are swimming in red ink as income inequality widens in the U.S., though more are debt-free
CBS News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- China kicks off month-long winter festival in northern city of Harbin
Swimming enthusiast Yu Hongtao, 50, trained for months in the freezing water of the Songhua river to compete in a winter ice swimming tournament held annually in China's northern city of Harbin, known for its bitterly cold weather.
Reuters. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Swilly Swimmers brave the sea for their mental health
The Swilly Swimmers have been enjoying the health benefits of braving the sea for the past 10 years.
BBC News. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- Caribbean migration of humpback, right whales brings them off Florida's east coast
Right whales and humpback whales are swimming by Florida's east coast as they migrate south to the Caribbean.
Yahoo. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Who's tougher? Baby sharks or daddy sharks?
One would assume that since humans and many animals tend to get stiffer and perhaps tougher as they reach adulthood, the same would be true for sharks. A new study finds the opposite in these swift-swimming marine predators. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Intrepid swimmers across the country brave the cold for a traditional New Year's Day dip
Events were held on beaches around the country as revellers washed away the cobwebs of the festive season which a dip in a 5C waters.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 1 Jan 2019.
- Young couple reflect on move, refurbishing Cape Cod eatery
DENNIS, Mass. (AP) - At first glance, Adam and Erica Dunn's story seems to be one of a young couple swimming against the stream of families fleeing Cape Cod in search of better career opportunities. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- Hotel evacuated after 'gas leak' in swimming pool
Guests at a four-star hotel in Kent were evacuated after more than a dozen people suffered breathing difficulties following reports of a gas leak in the swimming pool.
Sky News. Sunday, 30 Dec 2018.
- Climate Change Is Affecting Shark Swimming Behavior
A team of researchers from Macquarie University in Sydney have found that our warming oceans are causing the Port Jackson shark (Heterodontus portusjacksoni) to change its swimming patterns.
Forbes. Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018.
- To Save Their Endangered Language, 2 Cherokee Brothers Learn As They Teach
Jakeli and Micah Swimmer aren't fluent in their native Cherokee dialect, but it's an important part of their identity. "If we're not speaking Cherokee, then what are we?" Jakeli asks.
NPR. Monday, 24 Dec 2018.
- Vigil to be held for Eddisa Concepcion, a UIC grad student missing in Lake Michigan at North Avenue Beach
A vigil was held Sunday evening for a 24-year-old woman who went missing while swimming in Lake Michigan last week.
ABC News. Monday, 24 Dec 2018.
- A Familiar Rebellion Spreads to International Swimming
The international swimming federation, like other sports federations, is trying to stamp out competition by threatening to penalize athletes who compete in unapproved events.
New York Times. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
Swimmer swimming near a lane marker
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries