This Sushi news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about sushi news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hom Mali Thai and Sushi brings Thai fare to Old Town
The new Thai and Japanese spot offers sushi rolls, bento boxes and more.
ABC News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Check out the 3 newest businesses to debut in Chicago
Check out the newest spots to debut in Chicago, from a sushi spot to an Indian restaurant and more.
ABC News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Threatened Bluefin Tuna Sells for Record $3 Million in New Year's Sale
The 612-pound fish will go to a sushi restaurant, but without intervention the prized species will not be on the plate for much longer
Smithsonian. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Record $3.1 million paid in New Year's tuna auction at Japan's new market
A Japanese sushi entrepreneur paid a record $3.1 million for a giant tuna Saturday as Tokyo's new fish market, which replaced the world-famous Tsukiji late last year, held its first pre-dawn New Year's auction. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
- Threatened Bluefin Tuna Sells For $5,000 Per Pound In Tokyo Market
Sushi chain owner Kiyoshi Kimura purchased the 612-pound Pacific bluefin tuna in an auction in Tokyo on Saturday for more than $3 million.
NPR. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- Tuna sells for record $3 million in auction at Tokyo's new fish market
The owner of a Japanese sushi restaurant chain on Saturday set a record by paying more than $3 million for a bluefin tuna in the year's first auction at Tokyo's new fish market, exceeding his own record price of 2013.
CNBC. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- There's an app for that: Students opt for delivery over bag lunches, cafeterias
Gone are the days of bag lunches and bologna sandwiches. With a tap on a smartphone, students are getting burgers, paninis and sushi delivered right into their hungry hands at school.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- In a Tokyo neighborhood's last sushi restaurant, a sense of loss
"I'll have a draft," says Yasuo Fujinuma, heaving himself down at the sushi counter. He pulls a pack of cigarettes from a frayed pocket of his sweater. ...
Reuters. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- A Chef's Guide To Eating In Aspen, Colorado
A fantastic sandwich, casual Mexican food and sushi are all essential eating in Aspen.
Forbes. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
- Three Questions Answered About London's New Sushisamba
Sushisamba changed the restaurant scene in London back in 2012, when it opened its Herculean two-storey restaurant on the 38th and 39th floor of a City high-rise. ...
Forbes. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
- The Real Purpose Behind That Plastic Grass in Your Take-Out Sushi Box
It isn't just there to make your food look pretty.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- California Today: California Today: A Compounding Homelessness Crisis
Tuesday: How the Camp Fire created two populations of people experiencing homelessness, a debate about an Oscar Grant mural, and plastic sushi grass.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Yo Sushi backer Mayfair plots Wightlink bid
The buyout firm behind the Yo Sushi chain of restaurants is plotting a takeover of Wightlink, the ferry operator which sails between Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Parents are feeding their babies a diet of curry, quinoa and LOBSTER
Parents from across the UK are introducing their children to a sophisticated diet of food from around the world, including hummus, sushi and quinoa.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Nov 2018.
- Meanwhile: The $0.006 Object in Your Sushi Container Is Doing an Important Job
It separates flavors and comes from a centuries-old Japanese tradition.
New York Times. Thursday, 29 Nov 2018.
Sushi prepared for sampling
Related Directory Page(s)
Sushi Bars News Headlines and News Summaries