This Surfboard news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about surfboards from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shocking brain scans show the tip of a surfboard in a man's skull when he tried to catch a wave
The unnamed man, 45, dived under a wave on Manly beach, Sydney, not knowing there was a stray surfboard in it. He was hit head on by an incoming wave travelling at 10-to-18km/hour.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Meet Europe's 'only woman surfboard shaper'
Ellie Miller, believed to be Europe's only woman commercial surfboard shaper, talks about her job.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Nov 2018.
- Gwyneth Paltrow's outrageous 2018 Goop holiday gift guide
The 46-year-old actress' site published its 2018 holiday gift guide on Thursday. It suggests a $7,700 Hermes surfboard, an Astin Martin, trips to Iceland and Everest, and even a yacht.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Surfer fends off shark that bit his leg at Australian beach
A man has used his surfboard to fend off a shark that bit him on his calf off an Australian beach two days after a fatal attack on the Great Barrier Reef.
Fox News. Wednesday, 7 Nov 2018.
- Eduardo Bolioli is Four Seasons O'ahu's First Artist-In-Residence
The O'ahu-based Uruguayan artist began as a surfboard painter for professional surfers and now has an international reputation for his depictions of island life.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 Oct 2018.
- Father Rescues Daughter Bitten by Shark
A father rescued his daughter after she was bitten by a shark Sunday near a North Carolina island, using a surfboard to ferry her to a beach after the attack.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 7 Aug 2018.
- Electric Surfboards Do Away With Waves
High-speed electric surfboards are doing away with waves and making it possible to zip across the water and draw out power carves even when the surf's not up.
Newsmax. Thursday, 2 Aug 2018.
- Tesla's limited-edition surfboard sells out in just one day
Tesla's limited-edition surfboard, created to help the company stay afloat, sold out in just one day. USA Today reports.
CNBC. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Tesla Launches a $1,500 Surfboard
Only 200 boards were made available, and they sold out almost immediately.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Elon Musk's latest offering: $1,500 Tesla surfboards
Tesla, the electric car company headed by billionaire Elon Musk, briefly took to selling surfboards through its online store this weekend.
Sky News. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Making Surfboards in the Rockaways
At Marina 59 in Queens, custom surfboards are handmade from blank pieces of foam in a multistep process that takes two to three days.
New York Times. Thursday, 26 Jul 2018.
- Who Needs Waves? Electric Surfboarding Is The Next Big Thing In Watersports, And Here's Why
What do you get when you cross a surfboard and a jetski? Only the coolest thing ever.
Forbes. Friday, 29 Jun 2018.
- 8 best Montauk vacation rentals
Grab your surfboard and head on out.
ABC News. Friday, 18 May 2018.
- New board for young surfer after online photo goes viral
A Ni-Vanuatu boy who captured online attention after progressing into the final stages of a local surfing competition with an old, duct-taped surfboard is gifted a new board from a fellow surf enthusiast in New Zealand.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
Surfboard on a beach
Related Directory Page(s)
Surfboards & Surfwear News Headlines and News Summaries