This Sugar news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about sugar news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- National health initiative takes aim at sugar-packed foods
A national health initiative is urging the food industry to voluntarily reduce sugar in packaged foods by 20 percent
ABC News. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Daily time with controlled blood sugar tied to risk of diabetic eye disease
(Reuters Health) - For people with diabetes, the chance of developing eye damage that can lead to blindness may depend on how many hours per day they can keep their blood sugar levels under control, a Chinese study suggests.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Rising drug prices widen gap between have, have-not...
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - For Bridgett Snelten, changing her health insurance meant enduring wild blood sugar swings, bouts of vomiting and weight gain.The ...
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
Spoonful of raw sugar
- Teenager blackmailed man she met on 'sugar daddy' website
She threatened to expose details of the man's alleged infidelity to the media if he did not pay her.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- California student 'baked grandma's ashes into cookies'
A student handed the sugar cookies to unaware students at her California high school.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Great grandmother, 77, has drunk nothing other than four cans of Pepsi since 1954
Jackie Page, 77, from Carlsharlton, Surrey has kept up her liquid diet of four cans of Pepsi each day since 1954, when she turned 13. That's the equivalent of three million sugar cubes.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 Oct 2018.
- Made in AZ: Wisdom Natural Brands' Sweetleaf
We know too much sugar is not good for your health, so many people try to use sugar alternatives. One plant-based sweetener is made right here in the Valley. ...
Fox News. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
- North Dakota corn, sugar beet crops down, but soybeans up
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - North Dakota corn and sugar beet production is expected to be down slightly this year, while the soybean crop is forecast to be up just a bit. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
- ANZ will consider compensating Cambodians forced off farms for sugar plantation
An Australian Government review has found that ANZ violated its own policies and international human rights standards by financing a Cambodian sugar firm accused of forcing farmers off their land.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
- North Dakota sugar beet harvest nearing halfway point
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - North Dakota's sugar beet harvest is nearing the halfway point, and the harvest of potatoes is about three-fourths complete. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Gene mutation points to new way to fight diabetes, obesity, heart disease
Researchers say they have discovered a gene mutation that slows the metabolism of sugar in the gut, giving people who have the mutation a distinct advantage over those who do not. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018.
- Blood sugar control tied to long-term brain health with type 1 diabetes
(Reuters Health) - People with type 1 diabetes who are able to maintain good blood sugar control may reduce their long-term risk of developing dementia, a U.S. study suggests.
Reuters. Friday, 5 Oct 2018.
- Woman claims Chick-fil-A served her cleaning solution in her coffee
Most people like cream and sugar with their coffee, but one Chick-fil-A customer was shocked to find a different additive in her morning beverage.
Fox News. Thursday, 4 Oct 2018.
- Booming US economy may soon be the 'strongest since 1999', Kevin Warsh says
President Trump's corporate tax cut and his business deregulation efforts are not a "sugar high," says ex-Fed Gov. Kevin Warsh.
CNBC. Thursday, 4 Oct 2018.
- Artificial sweeteners are toxic to digestive gut bacteria: study
A new study found that artificial sweeteners commonly found in low-sugar foods can harm the gut microbial system. US News & World Report has the story.
CNBC. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Sugar News Headlines and News Summaries