This Sugar news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about sugar news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Study finds drinking water with food causes blood sugar to spike
Researchers from the Anton de Kom University in Suriname, South America, say drinking half an hour before or after food is better for reducing the impact of sugar on your blood.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- A Quebec Comedian Is Happy to Offend in Any Language
Samir Khullar, otherwise known as the comedian Sugar Sammy, recounts how being a minority in Quebec provided the fuel for his trenchant comedy.
New York Times. Saturday, 11 Aug 2018.
- Young drinkers beware: Binge drinking may cause stroke, heart risks
New research has found that young adults who frequently binge drink were more likely to have specific cardiovascular risk factors such as higher blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar at a younger age than non-binge drinkers.
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Aug 2018.
Spoonful of raw sugar
- Kelloggs and KFC are banned from promoting junk food to children
The rulings, published today by the advertising watchdog, set important precedents in terms of establishing how food and drink firms should market products that are high in fat, sugar or salt.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Aug 2018.
- Junk food advert ban for KFC and Kellogg's
The advertising watchdog found the firms breached rules about fat, sugar and salt content.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Aug 2018.
- Shoes made from sugar aim for smaller carbon footprint
One eco-friendly footwear maker is launching a new line of shoes that look sweet on your feet
CBS News. Tuesday, 7 Aug 2018.
- Preventing dangerous episodes of low blood sugar with diabetes: Study provides next clue
A new study reveals that a novel biomarker might give us new answers necessary to creating a diagnostic tool for hypoglycemia-associated autonomic failure, or HAAF. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Bagasse: 'turning trash to treasure' and making 'sugar that much sweeter'
Sugar production uses a lot of energy and waste but a by-product known as bagasse could offer feed for livestock, a business add-on and reduction on energy costs and pollution
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Saturday, 28 Jul 2018.
- Trump budget director says GDP jump was no 'sugar high'
The strongest quarter of growth the U.S. economy has seen in nearly four years was no mirage, the White House budget director said Friday.
CNBC. Friday, 27 Jul 2018.
- Month Seven Of My DNA Diet Challenge: Blood, Biome and Sugar Update
Sometimes dieting based on your DNA is hard.
Forbes. Tuesday, 24 Jul 2018.
- Gluten-free kids' foods loaded with sugar
(Reuters Health) - Children's foods that are promoted as gluten-free tend to be lacking in nutritional value and loaded with sugar just like other packaged kids' products on grocery store shelves, a U.S. study suggests.
Reuters. Monday, 23 Jul 2018.
- Nadiya Hussain on the sugar tax, takeaways and Bake Off adverts
The Bake Off winner doesn't think the rising cost will put people off buying sugary drinks.
BBC News. Tuesday, 10 Jul 2018.
- Big Sugar bassist Garry Lowe dead at 65 after battle with cancer
Garry Lowe, bassist for the Canadian rock/reggae band Big Sugar, has died.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 8 Jul 2018.
- Erik Jones passes Truex late for elusive, emotional first Cup win
Erik Jones' perseverance paid off with an emotional victory at the Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona International Speedway, boosting him into the 2018 playoffs.
ESPN. Sunday, 8 Jul 2018.
- As inflation soars, Facebook drives trading in Argentina's barter clubs
At an abandoned train station in Buenos Aires' working-class suburb of San Miguel, hundreds of Argentines gather with bags of clothes, rice, flour and sugar to trade.
Reuters. Friday, 6 Jul 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Sugar News Headlines and News Summaries