This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Solar energy: Mixed anion compounds with 'fluorine' works as new photocatalytic material
Scientists have shown that an oxyfluoride is capable of visible light-driven photocatalysis. The finding opens new doors for designing materials for artificial photosynthesis and solar energy research.
Science Daily. Thursday, 24 May 2018.
- Large solar project in southwest Wyoming moves forward
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyo. (AP) - County commissioners in southwest Wyoming have granted a conditional-use permit to build the first major commercial solar energy project in the state. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 20 May 2018.
- Carbon-recycling system: Two-electron chemical reactions using light energy, gold
Scientists are one step closer to building a carbon-recycling system that can harvest solar energy to efficiently convert CO2 and water into liquid fuels. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 15 May 2018.
Solar energy panels
- Biofuel Breakthrough Uses Algae To Create Hydrogen
New breakthrough uses solar energy and algae to create hydrogen which is regarded as one of the most promising energy carriers due to its high energy density and clean, carbon-free use
Yahoo. Sunday, 13 May 2018.
- Revenge of the dinosaurs: Administration seeks technology to revive coal
The Department of Energy is trying to revive the coal industry with research into new, more efficient coal-burning power plants. But nonpolluting wind and solar energy keeps getting cheaper, likely dooming the effort.
Yahoo. Saturday, 12 May 2018.
- Walking on sunshine: The pavements that generate solar energy
A Scottish project to design a pavement that generates energy from the sun could be demonstrated at the 2022 World Cup.
BBC News. Thursday, 10 May 2018.
- Renewable jobs creation up by a third
Construction of new wind and solar energy projects created more than 14,000 new jobs in the renewables sector in the last financial year.The ...
Daily Mail. Friday, 27 Apr 2018.
- This Untapped Market Could Add 320 Gigawatts Of New U.S. Residential Solar Energy
New National Renewable Energy Laboratory research reveals an overlooked U.S. ...
Forbes. Monday, 23 Apr 2018.
- Target leads the way as U.S. corporations look to go big on solar
American businesses are investing record amounts in solar, according to a new report from the Solar Energy Industries Association.
CNBC. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- The Latest: Solar energy bill killed in legislative surprise
The Latest on the crossover legislative deadline in South Carolina (all times local):
Fox Carolina. Tuesday, 10 Apr 2018.
- China becomes a 'driving power' for solar energy with $86.5 billion invested last year
The world has invested $2.9 trillion in green energy sources since 2004, according to new research.
CNBC. Friday, 6 Apr 2018.
- NextEra Energy-JinkoSolar Ink Deal to Provide Solar Energy
JinkoSolar Holding (JKS) will supply approximately 7 million solar panels to NextEra Energy (NEE).
Zacks. Monday, 2 Apr 2018.
- SoftBank, China's GCL team up for $930 million Indian solar venture
BEIJING/MUMBAI (Reuters) - Japan's SoftBank Group Corp has agreed to launch a $930 million Indian joint solar energy venture with Chinese firm GCL System Integration Technology Co as part of its India solar investment roadmap.
Reuters. Monday, 2 Apr 2018.
- Is The Corporate Demand For Solar Energy Stronger Than Trump's Tariffs?
Amazon is on course to go live with one of California's biggest rooftop solar deployments -- a move that underscores corporate America's commitment to the cause. But will federal policies and solar tariffs undercut the effort?
Forbes. Monday, 12 Mar 2018.
- GlassPoint Appoints Donald Sullivan as Vice President of Projects in the Americas
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - GlassPoint Solar, the leading supplier of solar energy to the oil and gas industry, appoints Donald Sullivan as Vice President of Projects, Americas.
Business Wire. Tuesday, 27 Feb 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries