This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- California officially becomes first state in US to require new homes to be powered by solar energy
California has become the first state in the US to mandate that all new homes built in the Golden State must be solar powered, after law makers passed a historic vote on December 5.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Dec 2018.
- Fine-tuning renewables could help Texas balance energy resources
A new study analyzes Texas' mix of wind and solar energy resources, and how to achieve better balance between them going forward.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- Company seeks to build solar panels on town parking garage
BRATTLEBORO, Vt. (AP) - A Vermont solar energy development company has announced plans to build solar panels on a Brattleboro parking garage. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 10 Nov 2018.
- Consultant gets 4 years for tax fraud tied to solar case
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A Seattle-based energy consultant has been sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison for engaging in a fraud scheme involving solar energy tax credits with a former Oregon Department of Energy employee. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 23 Oct 2018.
- Electricity distributors warn excess solar power could destabilise grid
With almost 1.8 million Australian homes and businesses relying on power from rooftop solar panels, a fight is brewing over the impact of solar energy on the national electricity grid.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Artificial enzymes convert solar energy into hydrogen gas
Researchers have synthesized an artificial enzyme that functions in the metabolism of living cells. These enzymes can utilize the cell's own energy, and thereby enable hydrogen gas to be produced from solar energy.
Science Daily. Thursday, 4 Oct 2018.
- Six men jailed in Britain over 'predatory' solar energy panel scam
Six fraudsters were jailed in Britain on Tuesday for orchestrating a 17 million pound ($22 million) scam to sell and install solar energy panels, often targeting vulnerable people.
Reuters. Tuesday, 2 Oct 2018.
- Victorian town drives unique renewable energy strategy
The small town in north-east Victoria is implementing a solar energy strategy that will generate power off the grid, reduce local demand for electricity during peak summer periods, and decrease the price of energy.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 6 Sep 2018.
- WGL Energy Secures $75 Million Financing from M&T Bank
WASHINGTON - WGL Energy Systems, Inc. (WGL Energy), a WGL company, announced that it has secured a $75 million financing package from M&T Bank to provide funding for future solar energy projects. ... ...
Business Wire. Monday, 13 Aug 2018.
- At 'America First Energy Conference', solar power is dumb, climate change is fake
Pumping carbon dioxide into the air makes the planet greener; the United Nations puts out fake science about climate change to control the global energy market; and wind and solar energy are simply "dumb".
Reuters. Thursday, 9 Aug 2018.
- Sea level rise 'overblown,' solar energy 'dumb,' climate change deniers tell forum
White House officials attended a conservative energy conference in New Orleans where speakers called UN climate reports fake science and said pumping carbon dioxide into the air makes the planet greener.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 9 Aug 2018.
- Zephyr solar plane will stay in sky for 120 days
Airbus is developing a plane powered by solar energy.
BBC News. Monday, 23 Jul 2018.
- Solar Plan Collides With Farm Tradition in Pacific Northwest
Tensions between liberal cities and the conservative countryside of Washington State are flaring over a major solar energy project, in a district with a highly contested House race this fall.
New York Times. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- Solar Energy Investment Set to Fall in 2018
In the first half of 2018, China invested $35.1 billion in solar, down 29% from 1H 2017.
ScrapMonster. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- What's New In Solar Energy Research In 2018?
What are some new trends in solar energy research and development in 2018? This question was originally answered on Quora by Yogi Goswami.
Forbes. Friday, 6 Jul 2018.
Solar energy panels
Related Directory Page(s)
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries