This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- WGL Energy Secures $75 Million Financing from M&T Bank
WASHINGTON - WGL Energy Systems, Inc. (WGL Energy), a WGL company, announced that it has secured a $75 million financing package from M&T Bank to provide funding for future solar energy projects. ... ...
Business Wire. Monday, 13 Aug 2018.
- At 'America First Energy Conference', solar power is dumb, climate change is fake
Pumping carbon dioxide into the air makes the planet greener; the United Nations puts out fake science about climate change to control the global energy market; and wind and solar energy are simply "dumb".
Reuters. Thursday, 9 Aug 2018.
- Sea level rise 'overblown,' solar energy 'dumb,' climate change deniers tell forum
White House officials attended a conservative energy conference in New Orleans where speakers called UN climate reports fake science and said pumping carbon dioxide into the air makes the planet greener.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 9 Aug 2018.
Solar energy panels
- Zephyr solar plane will stay in sky for 120 days
Airbus is developing a plane powered by solar energy.
BBC News. Monday, 23 Jul 2018.
- Solar Plan Collides With Farm Tradition in Pacific Northwest
Tensions between liberal cities and the conservative countryside of Washington State are flaring over a major solar energy project, in a district with a highly contested House race this fall.
New York Times. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- Solar Energy Investment Set to Fall in 2018
In the first half of 2018, China invested $35.1 billion in solar, down 29% from 1H 2017.
ScrapMonster. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- What's New In Solar Energy Research In 2018?
What are some new trends in solar energy research and development in 2018? This question was originally answered on Quora by Yogi Goswami.
Forbes. Friday, 6 Jul 2018.
- Verizon Partners Hawaiian Electric to Boost Solar Energy Use
Verizon (VZ) existing infrastructure and services will enable Hawaiian Electric to accommodate CGS+ customers without compromising grid reliability.
Zacks. Tuesday, 3 Jul 2018.
- Climate: Clean power is not enough
Coal power versus wind and solar energy -- debates about the Paris climate targets often center around electricity supply. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 25 Jun 2018.
- This Could Be Solar Energy's Next Big Leap Forward
Bifacial solar panels are here, and they could bring about the next phase of solar cost reductions.
Yahoo. Friday, 22 Jun 2018.
- How a college's solar energy could subsidize tuition
A 5,000-panel solar enery system is taking shape at a community college that expects to pass the savings onto students
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Jun 2018.
- This Device Pulls Water Out of Desert Air
A new water harvester can extract water from extremely dry air, using only solar energy
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 20 Jun 2018.
- New material for splitting water
Solar energy is clean and abundant, but when the sun isn't shining, you must store the energy in batteries or through a process called photocatalysis. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Jun 2018.
- Healthy rays: Australia's largest hospital solar energy system
The Port Macquarie Base Hospital is installing the largest rooftop solar panel system on a healthcare facility in Australia, significantly reducing its dependency on the grid.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Saturday, 9 Jun 2018.
- SunDirected To Install Solar Carport System at Local Grocery Store
SPRING MILLS, Pa. - SunDirected, a solar energy company located in State College, PA will install a 581kW SunPower Solar Carport for Burkholder's Country Market.
Business Wire. Wednesday, 6 Jun 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries