This Social Security news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about social security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How Hidden Costs Can Dent Your Retirement Income
Social Security and Medicare don't cover everything in retirement. Here's what you need to know.
Forbes. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- 3 Reasons We Aren't Taxing the Rich to Save Social Security
The no-frills truth why the most popular Social Security fix hasn't become law.
Yahoo. Sunday, 15 Jul 2018.
- Here's Why I Plan to Take Social Security at 64
There are good reasons to start collecting early and to start late -- here's why I'm aiming closer to the middle.
Yahoo. Saturday, 14 Jul 2018.
Social security card
- Why Social Security isn't going broke
While many Americans believe it is, that's not what is really happening, even if the trust fund becomes "exhausted"
CBS News. Saturday, 7 Jul 2018.
- Why I'm Walking Away From Social Security -- For Now
Why am I walking away from Social Security? Here's what I believe.
Forbes. Monday, 2 Jul 2018.
- Kentucky man sentenced for helping lawyer flee country
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - A Kentucky man has been sentenced to seven months in jail for assisting a lawyer who went on the run after pleading guilty in a $500 million Social Security fraud scheme. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 1 Jul 2018.
- Disability Applications Plunge as the Economy Strengthens
A stronger economy is dissuading many Americans from seeking social security benefits, The New York Times reports.
CNBC. Wednesday, 20 Jun 2018.
- How worried should you be about Medicare and Social Security?
A new government report on the programs shows their financial conditions worsening significantly since last year
CBS News. Saturday, 9 Jun 2018.
- Why U.S. retirees are waiting longer to claim Social Security
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Fewer Americans are asking Social Security to "show me the money" as soon as possible.
Reuters. Thursday, 31 May 2018.
- Social Security Administration announces top baby names in Illinois
On Thursday the Social Security Administration released the top 100 baby names in Illinois in 2017.
ABC News. Friday, 18 May 2018.
- Melania Trump's name is gaining popularity among babies - while Donald's name remains low
More and more parents are choosing the name Melania for their baby girls, according to data released by the Social Security Administration. Donald, however, is not that popular among boys.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 13 May 2018.
- Bianca Jagger wages war on brutal Nicaraguan tyrant and calls for end to oppressive regime
The latest unrest began last month after Daniel Ortega approved cuts to pensions and social security, sparking the biggest challenge to his authority since he took office in 2007.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 13 May 2018.
- In Nicaragua, deadly protest crackdown spurs Ortega critics
Mass protests over social security reforms have left Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega weakened, with even some longtime supporters saying he has turned into the sort of dictator he overthrew decades ago
ABC News. Friday, 4 May 2018.
- Little-noticed reg relief measure would combat card fraud
The provision would make it harder for criminals who use real Social Security numbers to create fake personas and then apply for credit.
American Banker. Friday, 4 May 2018.
- Low income shortens lives, putting Social Security in a bind
Americans are all living longer, so it only makes sense to push back the eligibility age for Social Security - right?
Reuters. Thursday, 3 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Social Security News Headlines and News Summaries