This Social Security news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about social security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New Hampshire congressional hopefuls spar on Social Security
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - New Hampshire 1st Congressional District candidates Chris Pappas and Eddie Edwards are sparring weeks before the Nov. 6 election. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Rising Home Prices Cause False Increase In Retirees' Cost Of Living
Social Security will pay a 2.8% COLA to reflect rising prices. But one of the biggest price increases is for housing. Since 82% of retirees own their homes, rising home prices make them richer, not poorer. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
- Democrats Pounce On Mitch McConnell For Blaming Debt On Social Security, Medicare
For months now, Democratic leaders and congressional candidates have argued
Yahoo. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
Social security card
- Social Security Changes Coming in 2019
Social Security recipients will get 2.8 percent bigger checks in 2019. Get ready for these Social Security changes coming in 2019. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- How to make the most of Social Security's 2.8% cost-of-living adjustment for 2019
Social Security's cost-of-living adjustment for 2019 is the largest increase in recent years. Here are several steps you can take to make the most of that hike.
CNBC. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
- China human resources ministry says National Energy Administration director removed from post
The director of China's National Energy Administration (NEA) has been removed from his position, the country's Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security said on Friday.
Reuters. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- U.S. retirees to get welcome bump in Social Security benefits
Come January, most U.S. retirees will get some welcome news when they check their bank accounts - the biggest inflation adjustment to Social Security benefits in eight years.
Reuters. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Social Security benefits see biggest jump in 7 years
Retirees will see their biggest cost-of-living adjustment since 2012 as the agency offsets higher inflation
CBS News. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Your Social Security check will get a 2.8% boost in 2019
Individuals who are collecting Social Security benefits will see a 2.8 percent cost-of-living adjustment in 2019, the biggest boost since 2012.
CNBC. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Uptick in Social Security checks for 2019 as inflation rises
Tens of millions of Social Security beneficiaries and other retirees can expect a modest increase in benefits next year as inflation edges higher
ABC News. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Uptick in Social Security checks for 2019 as inflation...
WASHINGTON (AP) - Tens of millions of Social Security beneficiaries and other retirees can expect an increase in benefits next year as inflation ...
Daily Mail. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Social Security recipients and other beneficiaries will get 2.8 percent increase next year
WASHINGTON (AP) - Social Security recipients and other beneficiaries will get 2.8 percent increase next year.
Washington Times. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- What Older Voters Want In The Midterm Elections
Older voters have strong views about Medicare, prescription drug costs and Social Security and will be a powerful voting bloc in the midterm elections.
Forbes. Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018.
- Key posts overseeing financial health of Social Security, Medicare vacant for years
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin maintains that the "programs remain secure"
CBS News. Tuesday, 2 Oct 2018.
- NBC 5 Responds After Woman Loses Money in Fake Check Scheme
A senior citizen stood to have her social security check confiscated after falling victim to a fake lotto scheme. NBC 5's consumer investigative reporter Wayne Carter helped her find a solution. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 17 Sep 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Social Security News Headlines and News Summaries