This Social Security news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about social security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fugitive US lawyer wanted for fraud captured in Honduras
A US lawyer convicted of social security fraud is captured in Honduras after six months on the run.
BBC News. Tuesday, 5 Dec 2017.
- Do welfare states boost economic growth, or stunt it?
Is it possible to calculate the net economic effect of a social security safety net?
BBC News. Monday, 13 Nov 2017.
- Can blockchain be used to build a better credit bureau?
Calls for less reliance on credit bureaus and Social Security numbers for verification are leading many to envision a future of identity on a distributed ledger.
American Banker. Acquired Monday, 30 Oct 2017.
Social security card
- 'Social Security for all': Is universal basic income the answer to volatility?
A spike in income volatility has some banks working on ways to help people cope, and now the fintech think tank Y Combinator Research is planning to test a possible solution, albiet a controversial one. ...
American Banker. Acquired Monday, 31 Jul 2017.
- Discover Offers Free Service to Alert Cardmembers If Their Social Security Numbers Are Found on Risky Websites
RIVERWOODS, Ill. - DISCOVER OFFERS FREE SERVICE TO ALERT CARDMEMBERS IF THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS ARE FOUND ON RISKY WEBSITES
Business Wire. Thursday, 20 Jul 2017.
- News From The Social Security Ponzi Scheme
What's going to happen to your Social Security benefit?
Forbes. Thursday, 13 Jul 2017.
- This Is How Same-Sex Couples Can Find $1 Million They're Currently Losing
By not being aware of or fully taking advantage of these Social Security benefits, many same-sex couples are missing out on upward of a million dollars for which they qualify. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 11 Jul 2017.
- Yes, you can collect on your ex's Social Security
If you meet certain criteria, you can collect a benefit based on your former spouse's work record.
Yahoo. Thursday, 11 May 2017.
- CMS needs to alert docs as it overhauls Medicare ID cards
As the CMS works to remove Social Security numbers from millions of Medicare ID cards, providers are calling on the agency to increase physician outreach efforts to alert them how billing under the program may change.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 22 Mar 2017.
- Letters: A Test for Donald Trump on Social Security
Readers agree that the program must be protected from budget-cutting Republicans.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Dec 2016.
Subscription may be required.
- What's at Stake: Will Donald Trump Cave on Social Security?
The president-elect’s own advisers, as well as congressional Republicans, will gladly help him break his promise to protect Social Security.
New York Times. Saturday, 17 Dec 2016.
Subscription may be required.
- In Brazil, a Refuge From Hate
A multicolored gay pride flag hangs in a corner of a bare room in an abandoned Sao Paulo art deco building that was once the headquarters of Brazil’s social security agency. ...
Voice of America. Thursday, 8 Dec 2016.
Related Directory Page(s)
Social Security News Headlines and News Summaries