This Silk news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about silk and silks news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Camilla Kerslake stuns in silk dress at NFL game with Chris Robshaw
Camilla Kerslake was enjoying something of a relationship role reversal on Sunday when she graced the pitch at Wembley Stadium in London to perform the National Anthem.
Daily Mail. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- Hugh Hefner's iconic red smoking jacket and silk pajamas to be auctioned off next month
Just over a year after Playboy founder Hugh Hefner passed away, fans will have a chance to own some of his items. Julien's Auctions announced they will be auctioning Hefner's property.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 13 Oct 2018.
- Hugh Hefner's trademark black pajamas to hit auction block
Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's trademark black silk pajamas and red smoking jacket are going up for sale as part of an auction of his belongings, including his complete set of Playboy magazines.
Reuters. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
Soft silk fabric
- Silk Road lawyer to defend WikiLeaks in court
The lawyer who represented the man behind darknet market Silk Road is to defend WikiLeaks against a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) connected to Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Sky News. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Dark web admin of Silk Road marketplace 'Libertas' pleads guilty
The underground marketplace was a hotbed of drugs, weapons, and other illegal products.
ZDNet. Monday, 8 Oct 2018.
- Man who helped run online drug market pleads guilty to U.S. charge
An Irish national on Friday pleaded guilty to U.S. charges that he helped run the now-defunct Silk Road, an online black market where illegal drugs and other goods were bought and sold.
Reuters. Friday, 5 Oct 2018.
- Textile firm Vanners Silks harnesses data to improve efficiency
UK textile manufacturer Vanners Silks has adopted a tech-first response to the rising cost of raw materials by harnessing the power of his companies' data to drive efficiencies.
Just Style. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- WATCH: Everyday life in North Korea
Martha Raddatz was given a rare look inside one of North Korea's silk factories.
ABC News. Friday, 7 Sep 2018.
- Bigger proteins, stronger threads: Synthetic spider silk
Scientists have, for the first time, created a biosynthetic spider silk that behaves like the real thing. And they may soon make it even stronger.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- Origins and spread of Eurasian fruits traced to the ancient Silk Road
Studies of ancient plant remains from a medieval archaeological site in the Pamir Mountains of Uzbekistan have shown that fruits, such as apples, peaches, apricots, and melons, were cultivated in the foothills of Inner Asia. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018.
- Trade War Update: U.S. Goes For China's Jugular
Team Trump countering China in its backward, opts for its own Silk Road Initiative to counter Beijing in Eurasia.
Forbes. Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018.
- Surveillance fears cloud China's 'Digital Silk Road'
Cross-border communications networks being built by Chinese companies could be used to support Beijing's intelligence operations.
CNBC. Thursday, 12 Jul 2018.
- Facebook, Google and other tech giants meet with federal regulators to tackle online opioid sales
Online sales have moved beyond shadowy sites of the dark net such as "Silk Road" to social media sites and mainstream search engines.
CNBC. Wednesday, 27 Jun 2018.
- ScienceTake: How Spiders Fly
Gossamer strands of spider silk serve as balloons to carry spiders far afield.
New York Times. Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018.
- How Spiders Use Silk to Fly
Spider flight is a mysterious phenomenon not fully understood by science. How is it that spiders can ride the wind for miles at a time?
New York Times. Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Silks News Headlines and News Summaries