This Silk news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about silk and silks news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sifting Through The Secrets Of The Silk Road
The Silk Road brought cultures and religions together for centuries. RFE/RL trekked along with archaeologists who are searching for clues to what really happened on these ancient trading routes in Central Asia.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 1 Jan 2019.
- Topshop releases a dress version of its sell-out silk slip skirt in EIGHT colours and prints
British High Street retailer Topshop is selling its Satin Slip Dress in pink, yellow, black, turquoise and khaki, as well as in tiger print and daisy print. It comes after the success of its must-have silk slip skirt.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Dec 2018.
- Molecular insights into spider silk
Spider silk belongs to the toughest fibers in nature and has astounding properties. Scientists have now discovered new molecular details of self-assembly of a spider silk fiber protein.
Science Daily. Friday, 7 Dec 2018.
- When silk pyjamas are not a luxury on the NHS
Patients tell us their concerns about the possible loss of their "low-priority" NHS prescriptions.
BBC News. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- NHS crackdown on silk garment prescriptions
There is limited evidence they are effective for patients with eczema and dermatitis, draft guidance says.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018.
- Get The Best Views Of Lake Como From This Hotel's Infinity Pool
The Hilton Lake Como converted an old silk factory into a design-minded hotel with incredible views and a rooftop pool you'll love.
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Nov 2018.
- Brown Recluse Silk Is Stronger Than Steel Because It's Constructed Like a Cable
Thousands of nanotendrils come together to form the flat, super-strong spider silk
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
- Apple iPhone XR Silk case roundup: Great options for less than $25
There are a ton of case and accessory options for the new Apple iPhones. Silk released some great case options priced from $12 to $25.
ZDNet. Saturday, 17 Nov 2018.
- Underground art, gold mosques and soothing sewing...
A former trading centre on the Great Silk Road, the Central Asian country is now an exciting holiday destination, says Katie Wright.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018.
- Making a transparent flexible material of silk and nanotubes
The silk fibers produced by Bombyx mori, the domestic silkworm, has been prized for millennia as a strong yet lightweight and luxurious material. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 30 Oct 2018.
- Diamond, Silk to Newsmax TV: Sen. Warren 'Looking Silly Today'
Diamond and Silk, African-American Republican activists and supporters of President Donald Trump, ripped Sen. Elizabeth Warren's, D-Mass., latest political maneuver in using a DNA test to show she has Native American heritage.
Newsmax. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- Hugh Hefner's trademark black pajamas to hit auction block
Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's trademark black silk pajamas and red smoking jacket are going up for sale as part of an auction of his belongings, including his complete set of Playboy magazines.
Reuters. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
- Silk Road lawyer to defend WikiLeaks in court
The lawyer who represented the man behind darknet market Silk Road is to defend WikiLeaks against a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) connected to Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Sky News. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Dark web admin of Silk Road marketplace 'Libertas' pleads guilty
The underground marketplace was a hotbed of drugs, weapons, and other illegal products.
ZDNet. Monday, 8 Oct 2018.
- Man who helped run online drug market pleads guilty to U.S. charge
An Irish national on Friday pleaded guilty to U.S. charges that he helped run the now-defunct Silk Road, an online black market where illegal drugs and other goods were bought and sold.
Reuters. Friday, 5 Oct 2018.
Soft silk fabric
Related Directory Page(s)
Silks News Headlines and News Summaries