This Silk news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about silk and silks news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Kirsty Gallacher sizzles in low-cut silk bustier at charity fundraiser
Kirsty Gallacher was enjoying a night out at the Natalie Pinkham Cancer Fundraising Party, held at Mr Fogg's House of Botanicals in London on Tuesday evening.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- Bigger proteins, stronger threads: Synthetic spider silk
Scientists have, for the first time, created a biosynthetic spider silk that behaves like the real thing. And they may soon make it even stronger.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- US Army begins testing bulletproof 'spidersuits' for soldiers made from GM silk stronger than steel
Made from a substance called dragon silk, the flexible, fabric like panels will be tested for 'critical soldier protective applications including ballistic impact'.
Daily Mail. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
Soft silk fabric
- Origins and spread of Eurasian fruits traced to the ancient Silk Road
Studies of ancient plant remains from a medieval archaeological site in the Pamir Mountains of Uzbekistan have shown that fruits, such as apples, peaches, apricots, and melons, were cultivated in the foothills of Inner Asia. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018.
- Trade War Update: U.S. Goes For China's Jugular
Team Trump countering China in its backward, opts for its own Silk Road Initiative to counter Beijing in Eurasia.
Forbes. Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018.
- Accused Silk Road administrator extradited to U.S. from Ireland
Ireland extradited an Irish national on Friday to the United States to face charges that he helped run the now-defunct Silk Road, an online black market where illegal drugs and other goods were bought and sold, U.S. prosecutors announced.
Reuters. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Surveillance fears cloud China's 'Digital Silk Road'
Cross-border communications networks being built by Chinese companies could be used to support Beijing's intelligence operations.
CNBC. Thursday, 12 Jul 2018.
- Facebook, Google and other tech giants meet with federal regulators to tackle online opioid sales
Online sales have moved beyond shadowy sites of the dark net such as "Silk Road" to social media sites and mainstream search engines.
CNBC. Wednesday, 27 Jun 2018.
- ScienceTake: How Spiders Fly
Gossamer strands of spider silk serve as balloons to carry spiders far afield.
New York Times. Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018.
- How Spiders Use Silk to Fly
Spider flight is a mysterious phenomenon not fully understood by science. How is it that spiders can ride the wind for miles at a time?
New York Times. Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018.
- Latest OnePlus Flagship Facing Embarrassing Problems
Just as the reviews of the limited edition Silk White version of the OnePlus 6 start to come in, OnePlus is facing an embarrassing security issue with its latest OnePlus flagship handset.
Forbes. Tuesday, 12 Jun 2018.
- Iran's World Cup Carpet Diplomacy
A diplomatic opportunity looms as Iran plans to give silk carpets to opponents and soccer bodies at the World Cup in Russia.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 9 Jun 2018.
- This is the OnePlus 6 Silk White in pictures
This is the OnePlus 6 in its limited edition Silk White finish. Oh la la.Following the OnePlus 6 announcement at The Copper Box in London today, 16 May,
Pocket Lint. Monday, 4 Jun 2018.
- America's 'last' silk mill in danger of demolition
History could be destroyed in months after a years-long effort to save the historic Lonaconing Silk Mill in Maryland fizzled.
Fox News. Friday, 1 Jun 2018.
- Royal wedding 2018: Meghan's evening dress revealed
The bride wears a white, silk crepe halter-neck evening dress as the newlyweds leave for a private party.
BBC News. Saturday, 19 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Silks News Headlines and News Summaries