This Shopping news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about shopping and shopper news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- More than 175,000 retail jobs will be cut from the High Street this year
A slump in the value of retail property is expected to see 23,395 shops shut as customers shun town centres in favour of internet shopping, according to property experts.
Daily Mail. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Girl, 16, who was the first person to rush to help Skripals after nerve agent poisoning
Abigail McCourt, 16, thought the stricken spy was suffering a heart attack on a bench in Salisbury city centre, as other shoppers walked past oblivious.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Some home shoppers are calling it quits, convinced that prices have peaked
Two years ago, Mike Saavedra moved to Southern California, equipped with a new high-paying healthcare job and a plan. ...
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Tiffany holiday sales slip as Chinese tourists spend less
Tiffany & Co. says holiday shoppers and Chinese tourists spent less on its bling
ABC News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Black Friday steals Christmas shoppers
Retail sales fell last month after consumers brought forward their Christmas shopping to November.
BBC News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Being vegan when you're on a budget
Not just for Veganuary - this student couple talk about shopping, cooking and eating on a budget.
BBC News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- UK retail sales fall as shoppers hunt for bargains
British retail sales fell in December as shoppers hunted for discounts on Black Friday and brought forward their Christmas spending, according to official data.
Sky News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Plano Mall Now Allows People to Sip Alcohol While Shopping
Customers at two Plano shopping centers are now allowed to sip alcohol while they shop. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Death toll in Nairobi attack climbs to 21, plus 5 attackers
Police in Kenya say the death toll from an extremist attack on a luxury hotel and shopping complex in Nairobi has climbed to 21, plus the five militants killed
ABC News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- American Killed in Nairobi Attack Was 9/11 Survivor
An American who survived 9/11, Jason Spindler, and at least 20 others were killed when a group of terrorists stormed a hotel and shopping center complex Tuesday in Kenya's capital of Nairobi.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Kabbage to provide point-of-sale loans to Alibaba shoppers
The U.S. online lender provides credit lines of up to $150,000 to small businesses that shop at Alibaba.com.
American Banker. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Measles case in L.A. County is confirmed and others may have been exposed, health officials say
Health officials are warning that shoppers and diners in Los Angeles County may have been exposed to measles in late December. ...
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Chico's will close at least 250 stores to better compete in the age of Amazon
Chico's says it will close at least 250 stores to better compete amid a retail landscape roiled by the rise of online shopping and fast fashion
Yahoo. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- The sweater you don't like is a trillion-dollar problem for retailers. These companies want to fix it
"Shoppers return 5 to 10 percent of what they purchase in store but 15 to 40 percent of what they buy online," David Sobie, co-founder and CEO of Happy Returns tells CNBC.
CNBC. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- 2 wounded, 2 held after shooting at New Jersey shopping mall, reports say
Two men are in critical condition on Friday after a shooting at a New Jersey mall food court, reports said.
Fox News. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
Carrying shopping bags
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries