This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- TSMC offers gloomy revenue forecast, slams chipmaker shares
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) cut full-year investment and forecast its sharpest quarterly revenue fall in a decade, joining a string of tech companies warning of a slowdown in global smartphone demand.
Reuters. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Buy Semiconductors on the Dip? 3 Stocks to Consider Now
Semiconductor stocks have been battered by recent market-wide volatility, but buying opportunities are still present as valuations become more attractive and secular growth trends remain. ...
Zacks. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Brilliant glow of paint-on semiconductors comes from ornate quantum physics
A new wave of semiconductors that can be painted on is on the horizon. It bears the promise of revolutionizing lighting all over again and of transforming solar energy. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- 5000 times faster than a computer
The absorption of light in semiconductor crystals without inversion symmetry can generate electric currents. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Apple supplier Dialog Semi weathers iPhone slump to hit revenue target
Chip designer Dialog Semiconductor said on Monday that it managed to hit its fourth-quarter revenue guidance despite a slump in iPhone sales at its main customer Apple.
Reuters. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Why the bounce in semiconductor stocks could continue
Since late December the semiconductor ETF that tracks the sector's biggest names, the SMH, has been on a tear.
CNBC. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Here's why Advanced Micro and Nvidia could be your best buys in chip space
Erin Gibbs of S&P Global Market Intelligence and Todd Gordon of TradingAnalysis.com discuss why Advanced Micrco and Nvidia are the best buys in the semiconductor space.
CNBC. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Huawei Unveils New Chipset Using ARM Design for Server Push
The Kunpeng 920 is built using the cutting edge 7-nanometer process and uses the semiconductor architecture of ARM Holdings, Shenzhen-based Huawei said in a statement on Monday. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
- CES 2019: What to expect from the chipmakers
After a remarkable run for the semiconductor industry, this year's show marks the start of what is likely to be a pivotal year. Here's what I'll be looking for in Las Vegas.
ZDNet. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
- Koh Young applies Fasoo's DRM to prevent against copycat products
South Korea's largest data security vendor Fasoo has applied its enterprise DRM solution to semiconductor equipment vendor Koh Young Technology which has halted long-standing copycat issues, they said.
ZDNet. Thursday, 20 Dec 2018.
- Should You Buy Micron (MU) Stock On the Dip Ahead of Earnings?
Shares of Micron (MU) have plummeted over 40% in the last six months along with the broader semiconductor market. ...
Zacks. Thursday, 13 Dec 2018.
- Why Texas Instruments Is Expanding Its 300-mm Analog Capacity
Semiconductor bellwether Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) has been steadily ramping up its production of 300 mm wafers for its analog processors, as it looks to cut costs and boost production efficiency.
Forbes. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- What's Driving The Rally In Cree's Stock?
Cree has seen its stock price rise by about 25% over the last month, significantly outperforming the technology sector and semiconductor stocks, which appear to have entered a bear market.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018.
- VW strikes legal settlement with Broadcom
VW Group reached a deal with U.S. semiconductor maker Broadcom, ending a billion-dollar patent lawsuit that pitted the automaker against its supplier, a source close to VW said.
AutoNews.com. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
- US accuses China, Taiwan firms with stealing secrets from chip giant Micron
US Attorney General Jeff Sessions accused Beijing Thursday of backing a scheme by Chinese and Taiwan companies to steal an estimated $8.75 billion worth of trade secrets from semiconductor giant Micron. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 1 Nov 2018.
Semiconductor on a circuit board
Related Directory Page(s)
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries