This Security news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Iran Arrests 10 Suspects Over Deadly Suicide Attack
Iranian security forces have detained 10 people suspected of links to a recent suicide attack in the country's southeast, police say.
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 9 Dec 2018.
- Iran arrests 10 suspects in suicide bombing that killed two
Iranian security forces have detained 10 people suspected of links to a suicide car bomb attack this week that killed at least two policemen, police chief Hossein Ashtari said on Sunday.
Reuters. Sunday, 9 Dec 2018.
- Security chiefs believe Jihadis are plotting a devastating chemical weapons attack in Britain
A chemical weapons attack in Britain is now 'more likely than not', according to terror chiefs. Islamic State has been inspired by the poisoning of Sergei Skripal.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 Dec 2018.
- Contest to inspire schoolgirls to become code-breakers
A competition with a mission to inspire the next generation of cyber security experts will open on Monday... and it's just for girls.
Sky News. Sunday, 9 Dec 2018.
- Chief of staff John Kelly will leave job at end of the year, Trump announces
Trump called Kelly, who had previously served as Secretary of Homeland Security, "a great guy."
ABC News. Saturday, 8 Dec 2018.
- Yemen food survey finds majority in 'dire' crisis, famine a danger
Yemen's war and the ensuing economic collapse has left 15.9 million people, 53 percent of the population, facing "severe acute food insecurity" and famine was a danger if immediate action was not taken, a survey said on Saturday.
Reuters. Saturday, 8 Dec 2018.
- Look Outward: Why Doing Good For Others Is The Ultimate Success Strategy
Wired into our psychological DNA is the desire for security, safety, and status. Which puts us into a bind. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 8 Dec 2018.
- Activist allowed to enter Poland ahead of climate march
KATOWICE, Poland (AP) - Campaign group Climate Action Network says one of its employees has been allowed to enter Poland after earlier being stopped by border guards citing unspecified security threats. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 8 Dec 2018.
- Yellow vest movement: France braced for 'ultra-violent' protests
Some 90,000 security personnel fan out as a fourth weekend of anti-government anger looms.
BBC News. Saturday, 8 Dec 2018.
- Secret Service detail for Bush, code name 'Timberwolf,'...
The agency says its security detail officially ended at 6 a.m. Friday 'with no incidents to report' following Bush's burial Thursday at his presidential library at Texas A&M University.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 Dec 2018.
- Diplomats: US postpones meeting on North Korea human rights
The United States postponed a Security Council meeting scheduled for Monday to discuss human rights in North Korea because it couldn't get enough support to hold it, U.N. diplomats said Friday.
Fox News. Friday, 7 Dec 2018.
- Ex-Colombian President Belisario Betancur dies at 95
Former Colombian President Belisario Betancur, whose bold efforts to reach a peace deal with leftist rebels in the 1980s were undone by drug-fueled bloodletting and an explosion of violence backed by state security forces, died on Friday.
Fox News. Friday, 7 Dec 2018.
- Moose uses doorbell to awaken a couple in Alaska
Video from a home security camera in Anchorage, Alaska, captured the moment a moose rang a doorbell, then calmly walked away.
Yahoo. Friday, 7 Dec 2018.
- Audit details errors Florida made in issuing gun permits
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - An audit shows the Florida department that approves gun permits and licenses for security guards and private investigators had inadequate oversight that led to hundreds of permits issued in error. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 7 Dec 2018.
- Second man charged after Mohammad Abu Sammour's death
Two men have now been charged in connection with the death of security guard Mohammad Abu Sammour.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Dec 2018.
Security lock concept
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries