This Secretarial news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about secretarial and secretary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- From Policy To Payday: Former Interior Secretary Says Environmental Lawyers Have Shifted Focus
Protecting the environment has long been an objective in lawsuits filed by activists in Colorado courts, but a recent, ambitious effort from the City of Boulder includes another goal - profit.
Forbes. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- What are the consequences of Trump's rhetoric toward the European Union?
Former national security adviser to President Barack Obama Tom Donilon and former Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland discuss the high states of the Helsinki summit.
CBS News. Sunday, 15 Jul 2018.
- Union leader attacked after counter-demo to pro-Trump...
Steve Hedley, senior assistant general secretary of the RMT, says he was targeted in an unprovoked assault.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 14 Jul 2018.
- On Mexico trip, Pompeo urged to reunite families at border
The secretary of state acknowledged "bumps in the road between our two countries"
CBS News. Saturday, 14 Jul 2018.
- Pompeo visits Mexico, is urged to reunite migrant families
Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto on Friday urged a U.S. delegation led by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to quickly reunite migrant families separated at the border.
CNBC. Saturday, 14 Jul 2018.
- Commerce's Ross selling stock in response to ethics concerns
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross says he is selling off all his vast stock holdings after news reports raised questions about the timing of some of his stock transactions and he received a sharp reprimand from the chief federal ethics officer
ABC News. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Ex-Health Secretary Tom Price Wasted $341,000 on Improper Travel, Inquiry Finds
The government should try to recoup the money improperly spent on 20 trips to such places as Florida and Switzerland, the inspector general of the Health and Human Services Department said.
New York Times. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Weinstein denies admitting he offered jobs in exchange for sex
Speaking in his 'small' office in New York City where he is accompanied by a 'pretty German secretary', Weinstein, 66, said: 'You were born rich and privileged and you were handsome.
Daily Mail. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Azar pitches drastically slashing 340B discounts for hospitals
HHS Secretary Alex Azar in a meeting with several key House GOP lawmakers suggested standardizing the discount for 340B drugs at 20% of list price, far below the current 40% to 60% discount.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Statement on Behalf of Dr. Thomas E. Price
WASHINGTON - Statement on behalf of former Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price ...
Business Wire. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Ex-Labor secretary: Cash handouts 'may seem like a pipe dream' but could be 'inevitable'
Universal basic income is a necessary, but insufficient, piece of a future where automation plays an increasingly prevalent role in the way work gets done, writes Robert Reich in The New York Times.
CNBC. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- FBI Official Denies Any Political Bias in His Official Work
An FBI official denies any bias in his work in the bureau's 2016 investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server and a probe into Russia's interference in the U.S. 2016 election. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Pompeo and Mexico's President-Elect Seek Fresh Start
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is heading to Mexico Friday, where he will meet with that country's leftist president-elect, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Trump: Brexit plan 'will probably kill' US trade deal
The US president also says the ex-foreign secretary Boris Johnson "would make a great prime minister".
BBC News. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Donald Trump says Boris Johnson would make 'excellent' prime minister: The Sun
President Donald Trump says he thinks Britain's ex-foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make an "excellent" prime minister. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 12 Jul 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Secretarial Schools News Headlines and News Summaries