This Seafood news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about seafood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fruit, seafood and pills: Southwest expands cargo business to Mexico
Southwest is expanding its air cargo program abroad, starting with Mexico.
CNBC. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- The secret life of lobster (trade): Could we be in hot water?
In today's hyper-connected world, a growing number of nations are acting as 'middlemen' in the seafood supply chain. This makes it increasingly difficult to trace where seafood goes and difficult to anticipate changes in market demand.
Science Daily. Thursday, 12 Jul 2018.
- How could new tariffs hurt American consumers?
The Trump administration is preparing tariffs on another $200 billion in Chinese imports. The latest round could impact the price of everything from seafood to shampoo. CBS News senior business analyst Jill Schlesinger explains.
CBS News. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- Trump Administration Readies Tariffs On $200 Billion Of Chinese Imports
The administration's list includes more than 6,000 items, including seafood, propane and toilet paper.
NPR. Tuesday, 10 Jul 2018.
- A Weekend In Boston & Cape Cod
Visit New England this summer for a dose of sunny beach days accompanied by stellar seafood, sailing, sport fishing and whale watching.
Forbes. Sunday, 8 Jul 2018.
- Alaska braces for China's proposed retaliatory tariffs
Alaska Gov. Bill Walker says his independent administration is working with the state's seafood industry to lessen the impact of proposed retaliatory tariffs by China, a key market for a host of Alaskan exports such as natural gas. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 5 Jul 2018.
- Eating healthily during pregnancy 'could protect babies from allergies'
Researchers found women who eat more fish and seafood have children who appear to have a healthier mix of gut bugs - called bifidobacterium - which are seen as beneficial for health.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 5 Jul 2018.
- 'People assume it's Australian': Do you know where your seafood comes from?
New changes around country of origin labelling will not extend to the hospitality sector, leaving restaurants free to import foods without revealing where they come from. That has the seafood industry concerned.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Saturday, 30 Jun 2018.
- China tariffs could hurt remaining US shark fin business
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - A new set of Chinese tariffs on U.S. seafood including items made from shark fins could jeopardize what remains of the American industry for the controversial products. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 29 Jun 2018.
- A Gourmet Guide To Devon, England
Fresh fish and seafood, cheeses, meat, fruit and vegetables, along with locally made cider, wine and beer make this southern English county a foodlover's paradise.
Forbes. Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018.
- Quest to put Tasmanian Indigenous-caught seafood on tourist tables
A Tasmanian Aboriginal researcher believes tourists have an appetite for Indigenous food, and wants to see it labelled as such on Tasmanian menus.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 24 Jun 2018.
- Here's a map of every Whole Foods where you'll get an Amazon Prime discount
The benefits include huge discounts on certain seafood and produce as well as a broad 10 percent discount.
CNBC. Tuesday, 19 Jun 2018.
- Why Meghan Markle can't eat her favorite food now she's a Royal
Meghan Markle won't be enjoying any seafood dinners now that she's a member of the Royal Family. The Duchess of Sussex is no longer allowed to enjoy certain types of sea creatures.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Jun 2018.
- Iceland fish company opens US HQ in Denver
Iceland-based Niceland Seafood is opening its United States headquarters in Denver as the Mile High City attracts more international companies.
ABC News. Wednesday, 13 Jun 2018.
- Plastic and cotton found in UK's wild mussels
Scientists warn material including strands of underwear could be found in the seafood.
BBC News. Friday, 8 Jun 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Seafood Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries