This Seafood news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about seafood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- From seafood to smokables: Newfoundland fish plant to be converted to cannabis
A local businessman hopes to revive a fish plant in Port Union, but with a focus on marijuana.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 20 Apr 2018.
- Closure halt call at Pinneys plant amid Young's Seafood sale plans
MSPs say closure plans for the Pinneys plant should be put on hold as its parent company is looking for a buyer.
BBC News. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- Latest tests show white spot disease still in wild caught seafood
Fears are growing that a disease that devastated Queensland's multi-million dollar prawn farming industry has taken hold in the wild and could spread.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 10 Apr 2018.
- Protest over Pinneys factory closure plans
Young's Seafood has announced plans to shut a fish processing plant in Annan with the loss of 450 jobs.
BBC News. Friday, 6 Apr 2018.
- Thousands flock to Sydney Fish Markets as mongers expect to sell 650 tonnes of seafood
About 50,000 people are expected to pass through the doors of the Sydney Fish Market in Sydney's centre on Good Friday, where mongers are expected to sell about 650 tonnes of seafood.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Mar 2018.
- Zest Labs Announces Zest Fresh for Protein
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Zest Labs announces Zest Fresh for Protein is available for the beef, poultry, pork and seafood industries.
Business Wire. Tuesday, 27 Mar 2018.
- Groups seek ban on Mexican seafood from Gulf of California
A coalition of environmental groups has filed a lawsuit with the U.S. Court of International Trade, seeking a ban on Mexican seafood from the upper Gulf of California.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018.
- Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette: Monterey's New Destination Restaurant For Local Seafood
Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette is a Monterey hot spot for local seafood, wood-grilled meats, and homemade pastas, with a carefully curated list of Central Coast wines.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018.
- If you savor scallops, good news: Price drop may be in store
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - Good news for scallop fans. Already one of the most readily available higher-priced seafoods to consumers, the succulent shellfish could fall in price this year. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 17 Mar 2018.
- The Sea Grill Is Part of New York's Grandest Urban Space
For several decades The Sea Grill has been an essential restaurant for great seafood and a unique vista on the Rocks Center skating rink.
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Mar 2018.
- United States Seafood Product Market Report 2018 - Analysis And Forecast 2007-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "U.S. Seafood Product Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. ... ...
Business Wire. Thursday, 8 Feb 2018.
- Farmed seafood and livestock stack up differently using alternate feed efficiency measure
A new study found that, contrary to widely held assumptions, farmed fish and shrimp convert protein and calories in feed to edible seafood at rates similar to livestock (i.e., cattle, pigs, and chickens)
Science Daily. Tuesday, 6 Feb 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Seafood Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries