This Seafood news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about seafood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Rare one in 30 million calico lobster is found at Maryland seafood market
The owner of Ocean City Seafood in Silver Springs, Maryland, who identified himself only as Nicholas, discovered the rare female lobster on December 21 among a catch from Maine.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Fish farmers of the Caribbean
There are only so many fish in the sea. And our appetite for seafood has already stressed many wild fisheries to the breaking point. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Boy, 11, dies from apparent allergic reaction to smell of cooking fish
An 11-year-old boy died in his Brooklyn home Tuesday after authorities believe he had an allergic reaction to seafood that was being cooked at the time.
ABC News. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Off the Menu: Seafood With Korean Touches Comes to Park Slope, Brooklyn
A Smorgasburg fixture opens a stand in Chelsea Market, a new theater-district pub debuts, and more restaurant news.
New York Times. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- Ocean House: Fondue and Fine Dining in Rhode Island
Come here for excellent seafood and private fondue dining.
Forbes. Saturday, 29 Dec 2018.
- Conch is Making a Comeback in Turks & Caicos
The Threatened Marine Snail is Bouncing Back with Sustainable Initiatives and Increasingly Popular Seafood Dishes in the Turks & Caicos.
Forbes. Saturday, 29 Dec 2018.
- America's best restaurant chains: Top-rated brands according to TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor names the top U.S. restaurant chains. Eddie V's Prime Seafood, The Capital Grille and Ruth's Chris Steak House are the best reviewed.
Yahoo. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- Investigation finds widespread mislabeling at the seafood counter
The New York Attorney General is out with a new investigation that found more than a quarter of fish bought in New York supermarkets is mislabeled as something else.
ABC News. Tuesday, 18 Dec 2018.
- Front Burner: A Rich Stock for the Feast
European green crabs, which have invaded American waters, form the backbone of this seafood stock.
New York Times. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
- Biodegradable, edible film kills pathogens on seafood
A biodegradable, edible film made with plant starch and antimicrobial compounds may control the growth of foodborne pathogens on seafood, according to researchers.
Science Daily. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
- Seafood sold in restaurants and stores often mislabeled
More than a quarter of the seafood sampled in a New York state probe was found to be misidentified
CBS News. Friday, 14 Dec 2018.
- Jobs to go at seafood business in Dingwall
The Edinburgh Salmon Company Ltd in Dingwall has been suffering heavy losses due to challenging market conditions.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018.
- Seafood industry continues to call for Senate inquiry into seismic surveys
A Norwegian company that plans to drill for oil in the Great Australian Bight has prompted fisheries to renew calls for a probe into a practice they say could damage their businesses.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- Seafood and eat it! Intrepid diners snap up tables for Europe's first underwater restaurant
Named 'Under', the eatery will open in the coastal village of Baly in the region of Lindesnes located on the southernmost tip of Norway in spring 2019.
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Nov 2018.
- Aquaculture Producers Looking for New Ways to Feed Fish
Aquaculture is the world's fastest growing food industry and now accounts for more than 50 percent of the total global seafood supply, according to the World Economic Forum. ...
Voice of America. Sunday, 4 Nov 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Seafood Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries