This Seafood news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about seafood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Grouper, snapper, cod? Mislabeling is rampant in the seafood industry
CBS News. Saturday, 20 Oct 2018.
- Broken But Undeterred: James Beard Foundation Smart Catch Addresses Sustainable Seafood Concerns
Overfishing, damaged fisheries, and ocean pollution have been decimating seafood choices. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Omega 3 fatty acids found in seafood linked to healthy aging
Higher blood levels of omega 3 fatty acids found in seafood are associated with a higher likelihood of healthy ageing among older adults, finds a US study published by The BMJ today.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- People rarely outgrow seafood allergies
(Reuters Health) - A small study of children and adults in Canada suggests that fish and shellfish allergies don't usually resolve over time.
Reuters. Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018.
- Majority of Britons not eating enough fish, survey finds
Almost three-quarters of people do not know how much seafood they should be eating as part of a healthy diet, according to industry body Seafish.
Daily Mail. Friday, 5 Oct 2018.
- How Pesky Fish Is Reinventing The Supply Chain To Deliver Seafood Fresh To Chefs
Ben King and Aiden Berry have combined a passion for fresh produce with an expertise in logistics, creating a startup that helps fishermen to earn more, reduces overfishing in U.K. waters and delivers top produce to restaurants.
Forbes. Thursday, 4 Oct 2018.
- The fish processors who can tell you where and how your seafood was caught
We've all heard of 'paddock to plate' when talking about serving farm fresh food, but how about 'from sea to serve'?
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 4 Oct 2018.
- Fish lovers are told to turn their backs on squid in favour of pollock
The report also said supermarkets and fishmongers should go to greater efforts to signpost whether their choice is sustainable and be up to date on seafood advice.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 4 Oct 2018.
- Tokyo fishmongers mourn and protest closure of famous fish market
Takako Arai's earliest memories are of Tsukiji, playing hide-and-seek with her brother in the concrete maze of Tokyo's sprawling fish market. Years later, she now runs the family's seafood stall that sells mackerel and yellowfin tuna.
Reuters. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- China's super trawlers are emptying the ocean to feed the country's insatiable appetite for seafood
China's huge fishing fleet is forced to go deeper into the ocean to meet the country's growing hunger for seafood, which accounts for a third of world consumption.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 30 Sep 2018.
- Global Fish & Seafood Industry Guide 2013-2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Fish & Seafood Global Industry Guide 2013-2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 25 Sep 2018.
- Here are Old Town's 3 newest spots for food and drinks
From a New American spot to a seafood and cocktail bar, here are the newest destinations to arrive in this part of Chicago.
ABC News. Thursday, 13 Sep 2018.
- Off the Menu: Elevated Yakitori, Direct From Japan, in the West Village
Ambitious fare with an elegant accent in NoMad, seafood on the Upper West Side, chef moves and other restaurant news.
New York Times. Wednesday, 5 Sep 2018.
- Man has his arm amputated after sushi dish leads to flesh-rotting ulcers
A 71-year-old South Korean man developed large blisters and a fever as a result of a bacterial infection caught from eating raw seafood in a sushi dish. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 29 Aug 2018.
- Chicago Bulls' Zach LaVine blasted by seafood restaurant on social media
A Baltimore seafood restaurant took aim at Chicago Bulls player Zach LaVine on social media Sunday after the eatery was asked when it was going to open up shop in the Windy City.
Fox News. Monday, 27 Aug 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Seafood Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries