This Science news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about science and scientific news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Parents use cold-fighting strategies not based in science, researchers say
Michigan researchers said more than half the parents they tracked use cold-fighting strategies on their kids that aren't scientifically based. ...
CBS News. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- You Don't Have To Go No-Carb: Instead, Think Slow Carb
Ditching carbs can led to quick weight loss, but can you really stick with it? Here's the science on eating carbs smarter to keep you sated and healthy.
NPR. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- How The 'Super Blood Wolf Moon' Sparks An Interest In Learning Science
The origin of 'Super blood wolf moon' is a mystery, but it sticks.
Forbes. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Chicago cop who shot Laquan McDonald got nearly 7 years. Black teen's family asks: Was justice done?
The explosive video of a white Chicago officer shooting a black teenager 16 times shocked consciences around the world with footage of Laquan McDonald gunned down as he walked away from police. ...
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Girl Scouts of America offer badge in cybersecurity
It's part of a drive to get more girls involved in science, technology engineering and mathematics from a young age.
BBC News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Anti-abortion crowds gather in Washington DC for the annual March for Life event
The annual March for Life gathered anti-abortion activists in Washington on Friday with a 'pro-life is pro science' message and a video address by President Trump
Daily Mail. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- New therapeutic avenue in the fight against chronic liver disease
A recent study, affiliated with South Korea's Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) has introduced a novel targeted drug delivery system in the fight against cancer.
Science Daily. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Antarctica's ice is rapidly melting
A new scientific study found Antarctica is melting six times faster than 40 years ago. The rapid increase in ice melt could trigger a cascade of land-ice into the ocean in the coming centuries. ...
CBS News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Explosion at the University of Lyon in France leaves 3 students injured
A science building under construction at a French university caught on fire after three gas cylinders on the roof exploded.
ABC News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Strong Explosion, Fire Hits French University Building
A strong explosion and fire hit a science building undergoing repairs at the University of Lyon on Thursday, injuring three people slightly, French officials said. ...
Voice of America. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- How Scientific Chance and a Little Luck Helped Usher in the Nuclear Age
Accidental experiments and chance encounters helped Enrico Fermi produce the first nuclear reactor
Smithsonian. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Plexus (PLXS) Beats Q1 Earnings Estimates, Revenues Up Y/Y
Plexus' (PLXS) first-quarter fiscal 2019 results benefit from strong performance of the Healthcare/Life Sciences segment.
Zacks. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: Strong explosion, fire hits French university building
Bystander videos capture moment gas cylinders atop a science building exploded at France's University of Lyon. Three students were slightly injured, officials said.
ABC News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Neuroscience Hacks To Improve Communication
How freely do the pathways of communication flow in your business and how could you improve them? Three ways to use neuroscience to strengthen your work relationships and improve communication and collaboration, starting today.
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Hilton Expands Presence in Guangzhou with Third Flagship Opening
Hilton announced the opening of Hilton Guangzhou Science City. The eight-story, 430-room full-service hotel is just minutes from downtown Guangzhou Science City and the world-class Baoneng International Sports Arena. ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
Scientist peering into a microscope
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries