This Science news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about science and scientific news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Midwest women join climate change group in Antarctica
CHICAGO (AP) - "Chicago is the coldest place I've ever been," said Jing Hu, who came from southern China to do her postdoctoral work in materials science at Argonne National Laboratory outside Chicago. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 17 Nov 2018.
- Google sister company puts glucose-sensing contact lenses on hold - CNET
Google parent Alphabet's life sciences unit, Verily, will instead focus on two other smart lens projects.
CNET. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- Alphabet stops its project to create a glucose-measuring contact lens for diabetes patients
Verily, Alphabet's life sciences unit, found it more challenging than expected to measure glucose levels in tears. Especially once it started testing its device outside of the lab.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
large science photo
- Alphabet unit halts glucose-detecting contact lens project
Alphabet Inc's life sciences division Verily said on Friday that it was putting on hold one of its oldest and highest-profile projects, a smart contact lens designed to help monitor sugar levels.
Reuters. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- Alphabet's life sciences unit halts glucose-sensing lens project
Verily, Alphabet Inc's life sciences division, is putting on hold one of its oldest and high-profile projects, a smart lens to help monitor sugar levels.
Reuters. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- Soviet Dissident Zhores Medvedev Dies, Aged 93
A renowned biochemist, Medvedev was the most prominent critic of biologist Trofim Lysenko, a favorite of dictator Josef Stalin who rejected genetics and created a pseudoscientific concept dubbed Lysenkoism.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- Smart Devices the Size of Dust Particles Are Coming; Here's How to Play It
Computers as small and light as particles of dust are moving out of the realm of science fiction, according to a Wall Street Journal story published last week. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- Minerva Neurosciences Sees Hammer Chart Pattern: Time to Buy?
Minerva Neurosciences has been struggling lately, but the selling pressure may be coming to an end soon.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- WATCH: 'Batkid' is cancer free 5 years after his 'wish'
Miles Scott is now a 10-year-old who loves little league and science.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Google DeepMind Looks To Boost Oxford's Diversity With New Scholarships
The AI lab hires many of Oxford's top computer science professors and students.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Looking to be eco-friendly for life? It's all in your head
Climate activists hope a new app that tries to take advantage of behavioural science could bridge the gap between people's good intentions and actions.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- Rise of gene-edited livestock, including hornless cows and pigs that never hit puberty
A company wants to alter farm animals by adding and subtracting genetic traits in a lab. It sounds like science fiction, but Recombinetics sees opportunity for its technology in livestock.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Pacific Biosciences Offers Insights on Aedes aegypti Genome
Pacific Biosciences (PACB) uses its flagship Single Molecule, Real-Time technology to sequence the highest quality genome assembly for the Aedes aegypti mosquito.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- What's next for smart homes: An 'Internet of Ears?'
A pair of electrical engineering and computer science professors have been experimenting with a new suite of smart-home sensors. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- SVB Financial to buy Boston investment bank
The California company will pay $280 million for Leerink Holdings, which focuses on health care and life science firms.
American Banker. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries