This Satellite news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Iran says it's launched a satellite that didn't reach orbit
Iran on Tuesday conducted one of at least two satellite launches it plans despite criticism from the United States, but the satellite failed to reach orbit. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Iran admits failed launch of satellite U.S. worries about
Tehran plans to put at least two into orbit that Washington says use tech that could be used to deliver nuclear weapons
CBS News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Iran's bid to launch a satellite fails
Iran's bid to launch a satellite has failed, Telecoms Minister Mohammad Javad Azari-Jahromi said on Tuesday, after it ignored U.S. warnings to avoid such activity.
CNBC. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Fires, typhoons push Swiss Re's Q4 claims burden to $1.3 billion
Reinsurer Swiss Re expects a $1.3 billion claims burden from natural and man-made catastrophes in the fourth quarter, as California wildfires, Asian typhoons and the loss of a satellite hit its results at the end of 2018.
CNBC. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Russian Space Agency Hopeful Despite Failed Attempt To Control Satellite
Russia's space agency says it has again failed to restore communications with an orbiting radio telescope but remains hopeful it will regain control of the satellite soon.
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Control of Russian radio telescope satellite lost
Russia's space agency says its specialists are attempting to fix problems that have blocked control of an orbiting radio telescope
ABC News. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- SpaceX launches final set of Iridium satellites
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket takes off with a final set of 10 Iridium NEXT communications satellites
CBS News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: SpaceX Falcon 9 launches final set of satellites into orbit
SpaceX launches its Falcon 9 rocket, sending final batch of 10 Iridium NEXT satellites into space as part of the Iridium-8 mission.
ABC News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- SpaceX launch completes Iridium satellite refresh
The $3bn refurbishment of the original sat-phone network will help transform air-traffic surveillance.
BBC News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- SpaceX launches 10 Iridium Communications Satellites
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying 10 Iridium Communications satellites has blasted off from California. The rocket lifted off at 7:31 a.m. Friday at Vandenberg Air Force Base and arced over the Pacific Ocean west of Los Angeles. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- SpaceX launches final 10 satellites for Iridium
SpaceX on Friday blasted off a payload of global communications satellites for Iridium, marking the first launch of 2019 for the California-based company headed by Elon Musk.
Daily Mail. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- SpaceX rocket blasts final round of Iridium satellites into orbit - CNET
A recycled Falcon 9 carries the satellite baton across the space finish line.
CNET. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Incredible moment Chinese rocket carrying the country's new state of the art satellite takes off
Zhongxing-2D satellite took off on a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre at exactly 1.11am local time on Friday morning and has entered its preset orbit.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Iranian Leader Vows To Launch Satellites, Defying U.S. Warnings
Iran soon will put two satellites into orbit using domestically made rockets, President Hassan Rohani has said, despite U.S. concerns that the launches could help further develop the country's ballistic missiles.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Isle of Lewis Iolaire commemoration in satellite image
A satellite image shows boats involved in a national service marking 100 years since the maritime disaster.
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
Satellite floating above earth
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries