This Safety news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about safety news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- For the Poor, Safety Net in a Shutdown Doesn't Feel Safe
Doris Cochran, a disabled mother of two young boys, is stockpiling canned foods these days, filling her shelves with noodle soup, green beans, peaches and pears - anything that can last for months, or even years. ...
Voice of America. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Dozens of NTSB investigations on hold due to shutdown
Dozens of investigations by the National Transportation Safety Board are on hold during the partial government shutdown, as nearly the entire staff is furloughed. One investigation surrounds a deadly crash in Florida this month. ...
CBS News. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Time for NFL to expand replay: Why the league needs a new safety net
Sunday's no-call in the NFC Championship Game shows us why it's time for the NFL to make pass interference a reviewable play.
ESPN. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Arrogant surgeons who bully patients and staff should be sent to 'ego classes'
Former chairman of the patient safety board at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSE) Simon Paterson-Brown, said that the personality of some surgeons was affecting survival rates.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Autonomous cars? Not yet. Digital cockpits, assisted driving the latest auto tech focus
Automakers and tech companies are shifting toward valuable, practical, and safety-focused enhancements to the driving experience.
Yahoo. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: Airbnb customer says he found hidden cameras in the place he was planning to stay in
The company advises customers to do a safety check of the property when they arrive.
ABC News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Australian rallies demand safe streets for women after Israeli student murder
Several thousand people marched through major Australia cities on Sunday calling for safety for women after an Israeli exchange student was murdered in Melbourne. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Veteran S Burnett wants release from Steelers
Veteran safety Morgan Burnett would like to be released from his contract with the Steelers.
ESPN. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Sister of murdered student Aiia Maasarwe reveals chilling details about sibling's final safety call
Ruba Maasarwe's recounting of their late-night safety call comes as homeless rapper Codey Herrmann, 20, faced court in Melbourne on Saturday charged with raping and murdering her sister Aiia.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Wife of Former Interpol Chief Seeks Asylum in France
Grace Meng, whose husband, Meng Hongwei, was abruptly detained in China on corruption charges last year, says she fears for her safety.
New York Times. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Government shutdown frays America's safety net
Health services for Native Americans in urban areas, domestic violence shelters, and programs that help people struggling with homelessness are impacted by the shutdown.
ABC News. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- "Marty" the robot ready to roll at some grocery stores
Fully autonomous robotic assistants will cruise the aisles looking for potential safety hazards
CBS News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Older drivers: Is age a factor behind the wheel?
As the number of over-90s with driving licences continues to rise in the UK, are there any safety fears?
BBC News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Sean Hannity: Pelosi is too busy hating Trump to care about shutdowns, furloughed workers and angel moms
Nancy Pelosi doesn't care about ending the government shutdown. She is obviously paying politics with the safety, the security, of all Americans, all because she just hates Donald Trump
Fox News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- U.S. Navy chief urges China to follow international naval encounter rules
The chief of U.S. naval operations, Admiral John Richardson, on Friday said he had urged Chinese counterparts to follow international rules during naval encounters at sea to ensure safety.
Reuters. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
Safety enhanced by fastened seatbelts
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries