This Recycling news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- My green idea: Recycling India's floral waste
One woman's mission to turn the tide on India's polluted waterways by recycling leftover flowers.
BBC News. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- Turning Fatbergs Into Biofuel
Researchers have developed a new method for recycling greasy sewer blockages into green fuel
Smithsonian. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- ISRI Warns of Ruinous Impacts of Tariffs on U.S. Recycling Industry
Expressing the concerns of the U.S. recycling industry, the letter warns that businesses across the country are likely to face economic costs as a result of the tariffs.
ScrapMonster. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- Hong Kong Rolls Out Compulsory Electronics Recycling As Part of EPR Program
The offenders will be liable to pay fine of up to HK$100,000 per violation.
ScrapMonster. Friday, 17 Aug 2018.
- Australian e-waste tracked to Thai junkyard likely violated international convention, expert says
Reports that a defunct computer screen dropped at Officeworks for recycling was shipped to a junkyard in Thailand have renewed calls for Australia to get serious about e-waste controls.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- ERI Partners with CyberPolicy to Provide Cutting-Edge Electronic Recycling Solutions for Small Businesses
NEW YORK - ERI has teamed with CyberPolicy to offer small businesses an innovative new range of data protection services.
Business Wire. Wednesday, 15 Aug 2018.
- China cuts back on recycling imports
China is where most U.S. recycling used to be processed. But it's now cutting back, leaving much American plastic with nowhere to go but the landfill.
CBS News. Wednesday, 15 Aug 2018.
- China's recycling restrictions hit U.S. towns
Cities are telling residents to put recyclables in the trash as China, the top market for U.S. recycling, cuts back
CBS News. Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018.
- Tory MP slammed for suggesting immigrants cause litter problems
Richard Graham (pictured), who represents Gloucester, said some immigrants were 'not used to urban recycling' and said fly-tipping was highest in the most diverse parts of the city.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018.
- Vic tyre recycler charged over EPA notices
A Victorian tyre recycling business and a director are facing fines of up to $1.5 million if they're found guilty of two breaches the state's ...
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Aug 2018.
- Hundreds Of Bikes Dumped At Dallas Recycling Center As Ofo Leaves Market
"Terrible," Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said of the sight of hundreds of bikes in a massive pile. Ofo sold the bicycles as scrap metal.
NPR. Tuesday, 7 Aug 2018.
- Ofo Bicycles Stacked Up at Recycling Plant Draw Criticism
A picture of ride share bicycles piled up at a recycling center has received a lot of attention on social media, including from Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings.
NBC. Sunday, 5 Aug 2018.
- A company that bills itself as 'Uber for trash' uses rideshare technology to collect waste
Recycle Track Systems offers waste removal and recycling by connecting companies with independent trash haulers.
CNBC. Sunday, 5 Aug 2018.
- Large Brush Fire in Denton Damages Metal Recycling Center
Firefighters in Denton have a large brush fire under control after it burned up a drop-off recycling center Saturday, officials say. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. ...
NBC. Saturday, 4 Aug 2018.
- ERI Offers Former ECS Customers a Smooth Transition
FRESNO, Calif. - ERI is offering to help former customers of now bankrupt electronic recycling company, ECS.
Business Wire. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries