This Recreation news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about recreation and recreational news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Police struggle to address driving while high on marijuana
With more states moving toward legalizing marijuana for recreational and medical use, there are still unanswered questions about not only how it affects our health but also for drivers and passengers on our roadways. Dr. Jon LaPook reports.
CBS News. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- This Week in Weed: Cannabis Battles Alcohol & Tobacco!
Massachusetts cops crack down, Boston issues its first recreational permit, and buds cut into suds.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Should Cronos Group Scale Up Its U.S. Business?
Cronos Group had a relatively solid 2018, driven by the legalization of recreational marijuana in its home market, Canada, and a $1.8 billion investment from tobacco major Altria group.
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- How A Family-Owned Italian Outdoor Group Tackles Sustainability
Outdoor recreation product manufacturers are struggling with issues of sustainability and are taking huge strides forward in integrating good practice across the whole supply chain. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Vox Unveils the VX50 GTV and VX15 GT
Included in these new VX amplifiers is a life-like recreation of the classic AC30, as well as a variety of boutique amp models.
Premier Guitar. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Teen brain volume changes with small amount of cannabis use, study finds
At a time when several states are moving to legalize recreational use of marijuana, new research shows that concerns about the drug's impact on teens may be warranted. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Thorny Questions Threaten to Slow Legal Pot
Efforts to legalize marijuana for recreational use in New York are gaining steam, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo predicts a bill will pass this year.
Newsmax. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Liquor group says marijuana legalization had 'no impact' on spirit sales in legal pot states
Liquor sales in the first states to legalize recreational marijuana have not suffered since competing with retail pot, lobbyists for the alcohol industry reported Thursday. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Marijuana hasn't hurt booze sales in 3 states where weed has been legal the longest: Study
"The trends in alcohol have been fairly consistent regardless of whether or not you have legalized recreational marijuana in a state or not, says the chief economist for the Distilled Spirits Council.
CNBC. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- This modern Pong table is better than it has any right to be - CNET
An analog recreation of the first commercial video game hit expands with new cocktail table and arcade-ready versions.
CNET. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Price of pot is up since legalization nearly 3 months ago, StatsCan finds
Prior to legalization of recreational cannabis Oct. 17, the unweighted average price per gram was $6.83. It has since risen to $8.02 per gram, according to data collected through Statistics Canada's crowdsourcing app.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Drone flying in the UK and US: All the rules and regulations explained
If you want to buy a drone for recreational use, make sure you know all the rules and regulations first.Imagine spending all the money you've saved up
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Marijuana legalization debate prompts a new high in Democratic hypocrisy
Democrats who say science supports their views on climate change ignore scientific evidence that marijuana is a dangerous drug that shouldn't be legalized for recreation.
Fox News. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
- New York Today: N.Y. Today: 9 Stories That Will Matter in 2019
The L-train shutdown, recreational marijuana, school integration and the Democratic takeover of Albany. 2019 will keep us all busy.
New York Times. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Clean water fund helps with park road restoration
BOLTON, Vt. (AP) - The Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation says it will improve a state forest access road in Camel's Humpy State Park with the help of state funding. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 29 Dec 2018.
Outdoor recreation activity
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries