This Radio Station news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about radio stations from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lost Cows Make (Radio) Waves In Kyrgyz Village
A journalist has set up the first local radio station in the remote village of Suusamyr, in the Chuy region of Kyrgyzstan. The station is run mostly by volunteers, and combines reports on lost cows with music and sports.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Gabon Says Coup Attempt Is 'Under Control' After Soldiers Seized Radio Station
Armed soldiers took control of a state radio station early Monday morning and broadcast a statement saying the nation was under their control and that a new leader would be chosen.
NPR. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Gabon coup attempt: Chief rebel held and two commandos killed
The chief military rebel who led a failed coup in Gabon has been arrested and two of his commands killed after they stormed a public radio station, the country's government says.
Sky News. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- RM Broadcasting battles Justice Department over demands to register as foreign agent
A U.S. broadcasting firm is battling the Justice Department over demands to register as a foreign agent over ties to the Russian government after it sold air time on a Washington-area radio station to a Russian-backed news agency. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Home explodes near Anchor Point, closes Sterling Highway
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - An explosion on the southern Kenai Peninsula destroyed a home and sent debris onto the Sterling Highway. Kenai radio station KRSM reports the event closed the highway Thursday night near Mile 165. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- Radio station caller says the best thing about leaving the EU is keeping three-pin plugs
Robert from Rochester told LBC show host James O'Brien that he wants Britain to leave the Europe Union so the country can retain it's plugs.
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
- William Shatner blasts '2018 prudes' for radio station ban of Baby It's Cold Outside
William Shatner, 87, tweeted on Tuesday that a Canadian radio station that broadcasts nationwide, CBC Music, should reinstate the song Baby It's Cold Outside, the 1940s Christmas hit.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 12 Dec 2018.
- 'Baby, It's Cold Outside,' Seen As Sexist, Frozen Out By Radio Stations
Programmers have banned the song after fielding listener complaints that the song is offensive, only to face a backlash against that decision.
NPR. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- Bloomberg could sell his company if he runs for President: Business Insider
Billionaire Michael Bloomberg said he was likely to sell his financial data and news company Bloomberg LP if he runs for president, Business Insider reported, citing an interview he gave to a local radio station.
Reuters. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- Should we stop listening to these Christmas songs?
As a radio station pulls Baby, It's Cold Outside, there is also debate over other festive classics.
BBC News. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- WATCH: 'Baby It's Cold Outside' banned by a Cleveland radio station
"The View" co-hosts weigh in on the holiday classic being banned recently by an Ohio radio station over complaints about the lyrics in the era of the #MeToo movement.
ABC News. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- Baby it's Cold Outside banned after 'snowflakes' complaints
A US radio station has removed the Christmas classic Baby It's Cold Outside from its playlist.
Sky News. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- Amid #MeToo, radio station nixes 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'
A Cleveland radio station says it has stopped playing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" after listeners said the song heard on countless holiday playlists is inappropriate.
ABC News. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- Radio station drops "Baby It's Cold Outside" over #MeToo concerns
Lyrics like "Say, what's in this drink?" do not fare well in the "Me Too" era
CBS News. Sunday, 2 Dec 2018.
- Radio station nixes 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'
CLEVELAND (AP) - A Cleveland radio station says it has stopped playing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" after listeners said the song heard on countless holiday playlists is inappropriate.
Fox News. Saturday, 1 Dec 2018.
Radio station microphone
Related Directory Page(s)
Radio Stations News Headlines and News Summaries