This Printing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about printing and printer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Multimaterial 3D printing used to develop fast response stiffness-tunable soft actuator
Researchers have designed and fabricated a fast-response, stiffness tunable (FRST) soft actuator which is able to complete a softening-stiffening cycle within 32 seconds.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Paralyzed rats walk again after scientists 3D-print a new spinal cord
For the first time, scientists have used rapid 3D printing technologies to create a spinal cord. The team at UC San Diego then put neural cells in it and implanted it into rats, who walked again.
Daily Mail. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- China envisions moon base after far-side success
China will seek to establish an international lunar base one day, possibly using 3D printing technology to build facilities, the Chinese space agency said Monday, weeks after landing a rover on the moon's far side. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- 3D printing 100 times faster with light
Rather than building up plastic filaments layer by layer, a new approach to 3D printing lifts complex shapes from a vat of liquid at up to 100 times faster than conventional 3D printing processes.
Science Daily. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- State of the art 3D printer makes objects 100 times faste
Experts from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor developed the new approach, which lifts complex shapes from a vat of liquid at up to 100 times faster than conventional 3D printing processes.
Daily Mail. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- CES 2019: Skin printer wipes years from your face
Procter & Gamble has developed a handheld device that precisely covers blemishes.
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Print a scent at CES 2019: Airia dispenses fragrance via inkjet technology - CNET
This fragrance printing machine aims to keep odors consistent in your home with micron-level consistency.
CNET. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- After Botching 2020 Census Contract, Officials Pick New Printer For $115 Million
The original contract awarded by the Government Publishing Office was cancelled after the printer filed for bankruptcy. An internal watchdog plans to investigate the new contracting process.
NPR. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Top health stories to watch for in 2019
From a mysterious polio-like illness affecting kids to 3D-printing human organs, here are some medical stories to keep an eye on
CBS News. Tuesday, 1 Jan 2019.
- Report: Mismanagement, Cronyism at Govt Printing Office
By filling agency jobs with unqualified candidates, including an official's son, two officials at the U.S. Government Publishing Office allegedly violated federal laws and regulations, the NRP reported Monday.
Newsmax. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- Minimum wage increases force price increases
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — At Granny Shaffer's restaurant in Joplin, Missouri, owner Mike Wiggins is reprinting the menus to reflect the 5, 10 or 20 cents added to each item. A two-egg breakfast will cost an extra dime, at $7.39. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 30 Dec 2018.
- Cyberattack from outside US disrupts distribution of Chicago Tribune, other newspapers across US
A cyberattack coming from outside the U.S. caused major printing and delivery problems for newspapers across the country on Saturday, including the Chicago Tribune, the Los Angeles Times reported.
ABC News. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- Cyberattack Disrupts Printing of Major Newspapers
Malware was focused on networks used by Tribune Publishing, former owner of The Los Angeles Times. It was the first known attack on newspaper printing operations.
New York Times. Sunday, 30 Dec 2018.
- Computer virus cripples Tribune Publishing, Los Angeles Times
A computer virus hit newspaper printing plants in Los Angeles and at Tribune Publishing newspapers across the country.
Fox News. Sunday, 30 Dec 2018.
- Ransomware suspected in cyberattack that crippled major US newspapers
Source inside Tribune Publishing says printing outage caused by Ryuk ransomware infection.
ZDNet. Sunday, 30 Dec 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries